Sam Raimi talks Spidey 4

Discussion in 'Spider-Man Sequels' started by ultimatefan, Nov 12, 2007.

1. BobJM

BobJM Uncle Charlie

That would be just swell.

2. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014 Champion

I agree with you they can't do these roles forever, but I think they have one more left and I would like to see that. We can get new people for the role anytime really, but we can really only try to keep them one more time, and I would be more wondering is SM4 is recasted what if the old cast/crew had done it rather than say them doing SM4 and not SM5, cause at the point of SM5, I will want new people. I would like more closure to Raimi's movies than what SM3 gave us.

I know the other movies disappointed you (and you are entitled to be so), and I understand your want for a new cast. I am like that with Superman after the terrible piece of crap they put out in 2006. I am just hoping that new cast comes in SM5, since I enjoyed the past 3 movies.

However, I do know we won't see eye to eye on this issue.

3. Mr Jide

Mr Jide Registered

When the recast happens, which I'm sure it will. I'll see your ass posting all over these boards as usual. That, you can count on.:o

4. Gotham

Gotham Registered

I can't wait for :

"Tobey is back for Spider-Man!"
    "Dunst will scream again in Spider-Man!"
    "Raimi will sit in the director chair once again".

Just to prove you wrong.

5. Mr Jide

Mr Jide Registered

Ladies and gentlemen......watch this space. I am so going to love laughing my ass off when the recast happens.

6. Mr Jide

Mr Jide Registered

Swell??:huh:

Bro, its 2007.

7. kursavwilage

kursavwilage Guest

I'm with Mr Jide ,

The time for a new director and recast is now ! I gave my reasons for the new director in my previous posts . One reason for a new cast is as with sagas like Star Trek the actors start getting full of themselves and asking for more money and more screen time and also more creative input into the story . Look at the Xmen and how Halle Berry protested for more screen time and a stronger role or she was going to walk . After so many movies the actors get filled with a little too much self importance and then you have all these wannabe writers contributing to the plot , next thing you know you have a stupid 4th movie like Batman Frorever ..........

8. IamProdigy

IamProdigy Registered

Hey, I say that and howdy sometimes.

Anyways...

I want the title to be Spider-Man 4: Think Of This As The Real Spider-Man 3.

9. IamProdigy

IamProdigy Registered

Batman & Robin.

10. Hypestyle

Hypestyle Registered

i wonder can they keep the bugle staff intact..
    jonah, robbie, betty.. even hoffman..

11. Mr Jide

Mr Jide Registered

I've never been fond of the hoffman character. As long as he's in these movies Jameson will forever be a comedic joke.

12. Smit84

Smit84 Registered

The character is a comedic joke anyway. Jameson was a comedic joke in Stan Lee's run in the comics. The character isn't nearly as fun when he's played straight.

13. FaT_tONle

FaT_tONle Registered

In my mind no way in hell are all three are returning... I can see Maguire but I really doubt it... that said I am just wondering who else they intend to bring in to complete the cast.

1. Do you bring back Bryce? And will her character meet the inevitable doom or be written in merely as a plot device... or be written out completely?

2. Will Raimi continue to be involved some way? If not the guys that he brought with him... Simmons, Cambell, etc. could all walk.

3. Who will complete the supporting cast? I will continue to advocate they need another male rival/supporting actor... time to bring back John Jameson.

4. Felicia is a given if they go with the six movie format... they will have to kill Gwen off eventually if they continue to use her... at some point a major female character has to die and that don't include Aunt May people

5. Will the continuity be there? I think it should be. Heck they were still in college during the events of Spiderman 3 were they not? It didn't look like it but who cares? That means you can cast YOUNG and pick up with Parker's third or fourth year in college.

14. Visionary

Visionary Registered

First he's there for comedy relief and now he's gay, lol. :woot:

No seriously, I would rather he not be a comedy relief character. For one thing, the idea that he hates Spider-Man makes no freakin' sense, comic books or movie version. But it's even harder to swallow when he's being a boob. :dry:

15. kursavwilage

kursavwilage Guest

You're right . Forgive me ,they were both crap and I just got one piece of crap confused with the other ......

16. Figs

Figs Registered

Read more of the classics, which im sure you'll tell me you have :whatever: . If so then reread them because you have forgotten. It has been explained at least a couple of times why and where JJJ's hatred for Spider-Man comes from.

17. BobJM

BobJM Uncle Charlie

In the comics, JJJ's wife was killed by some guy in a mask, thus stemming his hatred for people in masks (Spider-Man, other vigilantes, etc.)

However, in the films his wife is still alive (as shown at the planetarium in SM2), so I dunno.

18. Mr Jide

Mr Jide Registered

Jameson in the movies is a parody of Jameson from the comics. The best adaptation of the Jameson character is from the 90s animated series.

19. Blader5489

Blader5489 CASUAL SEX!

For what it's worth, Bryce wants to come back and Ziskin had said including Gwen in SM3 was meant to be her intro in the franchise. So I can't see why they wouldn't use Gwen again.

But as for the death of Gwen Stacy...that ship sailed with SM1. There is no way to do it now, and even if it was possible, it would be pointless and a waste of a good character.

Why? He fulfilled his purpose in SM2, there's no more use for him. If there needs to be another male supporting actor, then I say introduce Ned Leeds.

She's a given? Honestly, I don't know why people want to see Black Cat at all.

What kind of logic is that?

20. FaT_tONle

FaT_tONle Registered

Good

That was still one of the most significant stories in the comics... Spiderman needs someone close to him to die at some point and we know it won't be MJ. And it can't be Aunt May getting sick... how many times do we need that garbage?

They'd have to give a different take on Ned if they use him... but there really isn't much they can do with that character... they can expand a John Jameson role a bit more... make him in charge of his own reasearch or some sh:t like a mini Oscorp. Maybe they can tie him in to other villains. Maybe rekindle something with MJ if things continue not to go well with Parker... not a love triangle... but maybe a pity moment... like Swann/Norrington in POTC 3. Just throwing out some random ideas. Again the whole 20 minutes of Brock really hurts the sequels from the supporting male lead aspect... but what can you do?

If Gwen isn't back? Bryce will be in her late twenties by SM4... she may pass on the role... I'd hate a recast this soon.

See previous post about this matter.

21. Kevin Roegele

Kevin Roegele Do you mind if I don't?

The comic relief in Spidey films should come from Spidey.

22. Visionary

Visionary Registered

Come on, it logically makes no sense. I mean, you can have Spider-Man save the lives of 8 people right in front of JJJ and he'll turn it and flip it and write something bad about Spidey. It's a stupid as having an everyman banging a supermodel, and we're still suppose to believe he's an everyman. But that just me I guess, now let me get back to bangin' my supermodel. :dry:
    For me it all depends on the jokes and how they're written and dilivered. If they're a bunch of childish dodo jokes like in Fantastic Four. I can do without them. Just doesn't work well on film in the genre to me, no matter if it does work in comics. :o

23. Figs

Figs Registered

LOL, yeah that would be 100% impossible and illogical because we all know supermodels aren't human but goddess. :whatever: Probably doesn't happen often but I don't see that as stupid. Now days with all the interviews with models, a lot were raised and still act down to earth. I do see your point but oh well...

24. Visionary

Visionary Registered

How many supermodels have you seen with an average joe, have you gone to school with someone who's bangin' a supermodel, maybe you have a family member who's dating one, or you yourself? Seriously, actors are barely seen dating average joes, yet we have a supermodel, and they've hooked Peter up with the most fantasized male fantasy on the planet. It's pretty stupid, if your lead character is known for being an everyman. The fact is, he would no longer be an everyman.

25. Spider-ManHero12

Spider-ManHero12 Web-Slinger

What if they get an actor who doesn't have what it takes to play Peter Parker/Spider-Man, or an actress to play MJ, etc.? tobey and Kirsten have what it takes to play those characters. Sam wants the characters to have alot of emotion and he looks at every detail so thath e can make it right. Thats another reason I think Sam, Tobey, Kirsten, and the rest of the cast and cew return.