Saw 10: Who's Ready to Play a Game

Time to bring back the state of the art de-aging technology the franchise was always proud of.
Baseball caps worn backwards! :o

218737916_10158715537789086_7085902776382272684_n.jpg

I really enjoyed the original three, and thought four wasn’t terrible when I was in high school, but having watched the first two recently these things are pretty bad on a technical level. I thought Spiral would have been the nail in the coffin but here we are.

What else can they do with Bell at this point? We’ve already gotten a prequel.

Good Lord.

Maybe this is set in an alternate universe.

I'm going with twin brother or flashback... or maybe they're going supernatural... :o or it's like Halloween and we're supposed to ignore all the other movies afer part 1...

But it's probably just a flashback or prequel movie.

‘Saw’ Alum Shawnee Smith Circling 10th Installment; Michael Beach, More Join – Deadline

EXCLUSIVE: Veteran Saw cast member Shawnee Smith is circling the newest installment in the billion-dollar horror franchise from Lionsgate and Twisted Pictures, which is currently in production in Mexico City, Deadline hears.

While the studio declined to comment on Smith’s casting, we understand that it has continued to expand its cast for the tenth Saw film following the closing of deals for Synnøve Macody Lund (Ragnarok), Steven Brand (The Sandman) and Michael Beach (Dahmer). Then, there’s horror icon Tobin Bell, who will return for another go-round as Jigsaw Killer John Kramer, as previously announced.

...what?

Look, I love the Amanda and Jigsaw bond, which is why I find Saw III to be my favorite of the series, but doesn't this just add more confusion to the timeline? Saw V established that Hoffman was also an apprentice during the time of the first film, so will he be in this movie too? If this film takes place between Saw I and II, when Amanda was already an apprentice based on what Saw III established, what would her role be here?

...what?

Look, I love the Amanda and Jigsaw bond, which is why I find Saw III to be my favorite of the series, but doesn't this just add more confusion to the timeline? Saw V established that Hoffman was also an apprentice during the time of the first film, so will he be in this movie too? If this film takes place between Saw I and II, when Amanda was already an apprentice based on what Saw III established, what would her role be here?
I think maybe this'll introduce how Amanda got more involved in making the traps in 2 and 3. The flashback in 3 seemed to imply the bathroom trap was her first involvement after getting recruited and this movie will really set up her devotion even more while maybe explaining why she started sabotaging her own traps (6 seemed to imply Hoffman tampered with the Rack trap to make it unsolvable out of spite and I assume this meant he did the same for Amanda's other taps earlier in 3 to frame her, but who knows).

...what?

I think maybe this'll introduce how Amanda got more involved in making the traps in 2 and 3. The flashback in 3 seemed to imply the bathroom trap was her first involvement after getting recruited and this movie will really set up her devotion even more while maybe explaining why she started sabotaging her own traps (6 seemed to imply Hoffman tampered with the Rack trap to make it unsolvable out of spite and I assume this meant he did the same for Amanda's other taps earlier in 3 to frame her, but who knows).

There's also the Dr. Gordon factor in this which makes all this even more weird.

Okay in that regard, I guess I could see it since yeah, why did Amanda suddenly go down this route of making games like Troy's and Kerry's unwinnable? Still, with how the films have progressed and the new apprentices, it's all the more confusing. I forgot all about Dr. Gordon also technically being an apprentice. And we know he was an apprentice as recently as Saw II since he's the one who put the key behind Michael's eye in the Venus fly trap.

Either way...

345c4603-3c40-488f-96c9-c3816e723bbf_text.gif

The de-aging VFX is coming!!!

It’ll look even better than Indiana Jones 5! :o

Yeah, bringing back Amanda makes no sense at all. I'll just go back to imagining that the series ended at 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"