The Dark Knight Rises Scenes that let you down

As for Scenes that let me down:

1. Bruce/Gordon Hospital Scene: It felt way too rushed, and did not match the dramatic feel it had in the trailer. It didn't feel like that "I have to return as Batman" moment I was hoping it'd be.

2. Batman's return during the wall street attack: This moment should've been so much better. It should've felt like Batman's first appearance in TDK...times 3. I feel like people just like this scene because its the first time they see Batman in 40+ minutes. It didnt have the dynamics the BB and TDK chase scenes had.

3. Every scene between Bruce/Miranda before the plot twist: For someone who was supposed to be the main love interest of this film, Miranda was lacking. And it was disappointing because I think Christian and Marion do have some sort of chemistry together, but when you don't have good writing to show it off, there's nothing you can do. And because of Miranda's lack of development, the twist at the end is lessened.

4. Batman/Bane II: I wanted it to be longer. The only times I got into the fight was when Batman was kicked on the steps, got up and had a look of determination on his face. The other time was when Batman thrashed Bane and gave him the "you have my permission to die" line.

5. Bane getting killed by Catwoman: Should not have happened. At all.

3. Every scene between Bruce/Miranda before the plot twist: For someone who was supposed to be the main love interest of this film, Miranda was lacking. And it was disappointing because I think Christian and Marion do have some sort of chemistry together, but when you don't have good writing to show it off, there's nothing you can do. And because of Miranda's lack of development, the twist at the end is lessened.

I agree that Miranda was developed enough to make the twist that shocking or mean much but I still don't believe Bruce and Miranda were ever in love. Not because the film didn't develop it enough but because I don't think that ever was the intention... their love scene was more an of the moment thing. Bruce slightly grew more affectionate but not much (the fact that he didn't even attempt to get Miranda out of capture) shows this IMO, for Miranda it was all a facade.

Bruce's "love" for Miranda is overshadowed by his curiosity for Selina.

The second fight between Bane/Batman.

It was a very poorly choreographed fight. There was nothing unique about it. It just a bunch of close-up shots of both fighters throwing punches. There was nothing interesting about it. The first fight between them was great, but the second fight was a huge let down.

As mentioned, the entire brawl was a let down. It wasn't nearly as thrilling as I thought it would be. The final act lets this film down big time.

I agree that Miranda was developed enough to make the twist that shocking or mean much but I still don't believe Bruce and Miranda were ever in love. Not because the film didn't develop it enough but because I don't think that ever was the intention... their love scene was more an of the moment thing. Bruce slightly grew more affectionate but not much (the fact that he didn't even attempt to get Miranda out of capture) shows this IMO, for Miranda it was all a facade.

Bruce's "love" for Miranda is overshadowed by his curiosity for Selina.

I always felt that the movie was trying to hammer down her importance to Bruce (although they were unsuccessful for a number of reasons): Him asking Gordon where she is, him saying "I won't forget you" to her, Bane knowing that Bruce will come for her, Catwoman's line about him starting a war (or something like that... I can't remember her exact line) for his "stuck up girlfriend". In the end, none of those things mattered because the majority still felt more connection to the Bruce/Selina angle (even if it was also underdeveloped).

1. The Hospital scene, should have been longer, more emotional, more desperate.

2. Prison scenes, instead of quick cuts to it every 5-10 minutes, give us a sequence.

3. Wall Street Fight, the fighting alone deserved 15-20 more minutes, we never know who is winning the battle and it seems like a pointless diversion.

4. Batman vs. Bane fight part 2. Four punches are thrown and it cuts to Blake getting people on a bus? Really?

I don't like the fact that I saw the entire hospital scene in a trailer. I figured more would've been going on between Bruce and Gordon

I always felt that the movie was trying to hammer down her importance to Bruce (although they were unsuccessful for a number of reasons): Him asking Gordon where she is, him saying "I won't forget you" to her, Bane knowing that Bruce will come for her, Catwoman's line about him starting a war (or something like that... I can't remember her exact line) for his "stuck up girlfriend". In the end, none of those things mattered because the majority still felt more connection to the Bruce/Selina angle (even if it was also underdeveloped).

I still can't understand why he couldn't save Tate in that scene. Fox asking if he could get Tate out but Bruce saying "not right now", why not? Catwoman could of just said "Bane wants these three to himself" then bam Tate is out it just seemed completely illogical. He could have left her in the batbunker (obviously things would be different as Bruce didn't know who she really was) but it just didn't sit right with me.

Like I said I still feel like they were never in love when they spent the night together they developed more of a trust by that point. It was only after that where Bruce may have grown a little more affectionate toward her but it was nothing very strong...

Bane knew that Bruce would come for her because she was the only person she trusted with the fusion reactor most so there is some sort of strong relationship there. Bruce is obviously gonna want to come for her as he cares about her, how much he cares about her is debateable.

Selina calling her a stuck up girlfriend. Well that just sounds like something Selina would say :funny:

I still can't understand why he couldn't save Tate in that scene. Fox asking if he could get Tate out but Bruce saying "not right now", why not? Catwoman could of just said "Bane wants these three to himself" then bam Tate is out it just seemed completely illogical. He could have left her in the batbunker (obviously things would be different as Bruce didn't know who she really was) but it just didn't sit right with me.

Yeah that was weird to me. I guess it's just convenient plotting. If he saved her then the whole reveal scene at the City Hall can't happen. Tatelia must be thanking her lucky stars he didn't save her right then and there. She's been working on her reveal speech to Bruce for years! It can't go to waste! :hehe:

Like I said I still feel like they were never in love when they spent the night together they developed more of a trust by that point. It was only after that where Bruce may have grown a little more affectionate toward her but it was nothing very strong...

Bane knew that Bruce would come for her because she was the only person she trusted with the fusion reactor most so there is some sort of strong relationship there. Bruce is obviously gonna want to come for her as he cares about her, how much he cares about her is debateable.

We can chalk that up to Bruce's hero complex too. Gotta save everyone he remotely cares about.

Selina calling her a stuck up girlfriend. Well that just sounds like something Selina would say :funny:

In the novel, she rolled her eyes too when Bruce said "I won't forget you" to Tatelia. I thought that was hilarious. :D

Come to think of it again, Bane vs Batman Sewer fight was the only actual fight scene worth watching for in entire trilogy. No more extremely fast camera speeds and more flashing dizzy crowbar/kicks/punches shots that audience doesnt get a single shi*.

Not necassarilly a scene but something I was let down with ever since how awesome it sounded. I remember Nolan saying in December's issue of Empire that Batman was going to add his reputation of killing Dent to his arsenal of intimidation tactics (or something to that effect)... well that went out the window. Not even a hint of that.

Probably controversial, but every single Bruce/Alfred scene. I didn't feel any weight to the breakdown of their relationship no matter how much angst Caine put into his performance. Alfred felt reduced to nothing but an expository device.

In the novel, she rolled her eyes too when Bruce said "I won't forget you" to Tatelia. I thought that was hilarious. :D
She was jealous. That and the stuckup girlfriend line were there to show that her envy was kicking in.

If I was biased shipper of fictional romances, yeah, maybe I could see it that way. But I'm not. And I don't.

How much of Bruce's romances with other women have you actually read or know much about? The problem with this and other Bat/Cat shipper arguments is that people seem to think Catwoman is entitled to a happily ever after with Batman...JUST because she's more popular than Batman's other love interests. Not only that, you guys fail to acknowledge that Catwoman's popularity is tied to her being MORE than just Batman's love interest, unlike someone like Talia or Vicki Vale. You guys think she's entitled due to an unfair advantage, and you guys don't even judge the relationships on their own merits.

Yes, I know this. I saw the movie. And I am aware of Bruce and Selina's dynamic. Dosen't mean she's the only woman Bruce Wayne can settle down with.

It was as lame as I thought it'd be, if only because their entire relationship was underdeveloped, and I knew it'd feed into the assumption that Selina was Bruce's only good love interest. I was glad that Bruce was alive more than anything else.
Not his only good love interest, but the most popular, and obviously Jonah's favorite. He showed what a big Bruce/Selina shipper he is in this movie.

Not his only good love interest, but the most popular, and obviously Jonah's favorite. He showed what a big Bruce/Selina shipper he is in this movie.

Dude was just jonesing for Catwoman in general, really. That's the problem with today's storytellers: they're giant fanboys, and in some cases, it sadly shows.

Dude was just jonesing for Catwoman in general, really. That's the problem with today's storytellers: they're giant fanboys, and in some cases, it sadly shows.

Sorry you feel that way, but most people seem to love the fact that bruce ended up with Selina. And not just on the net, people i've spoken to felt the same way. And i've seen the movie 5 times now, and each time the audience always claps during the 2nd Bat/Cat kiss, and the cafe reveal. It's just something about those two, especially within the context of this movie and Nolan's world. Personally, I saw the ending a coming a mile away. I called it months before the movie came out that Bruce and Selina would end up together. I believe you were the one who hated the idea and told me it would never happen. Not bragging or anything, just sayin. I'm glad it wasn't Rachel or Vicki or someone else who could never really relate to him or understand how screwed up he was.

Last edited:
Sorry you feel that way, but most people seem to love the fact that bruce ended up with Selina. And not just on the net, people i've spoken to felt the same way. And i've seen the movie 5 times now, and each time the audience always claps during the 2nd Bat/Cat kiss, and the cafe reveal. It's just something about those two, especially within the context of this movie and Nolan's world. Personally, I saw the ending a coming a mile away. I called it months before the movie came out that Bruce and Selina would end up together. I believe you were the one who hated the idea and told me it would never happen. Not bragging or anything, just sayin. I'm glad it wasn't Rachel or Vicki or someone else who could never really relate to him or understand how screwed up he was.

No offense, but what's that supposed to mean to me..."Oh, well most people liked it". So? Good for most people. I never said most wouldn't like it, and in fact, Bruce could've ended up with a chimpanzee and the gen audience would've been glad. Seems to me the only people really concerned with who he ends up with are the fans. The whole "majority liked it" argument is really just a cheap attempt to undermine someone's view because you don't agree with it.

And for the second time, you claim that I told you it wouldn't happen. The first time you did this, I asked you to show me where I said it, and you never responded. I'd like to see if you can actually conjure up proof this time. Now, in all likelyhood, what I said was probably what I've always said: That I didn't like the idea and that Bruce Wayne should always end up alone. I've rarely, if ever tried to be a fortune teller with these movies, and I doubt it happened in this case.

Last edited:
I just wish the second fight between Bane and Bats was longer as well as the whole street brawl, it was epic but could have been even MORE epic.

Talia's death also another scene that needed a different take obviously.

Definitely the way Bane died... worst part of the movie for me.. I also didn't like the whole JRB reveal "I knew you were batman from the moment I saw you" Kind of stupid and unbelievable even after his whole 'parents killed and i know that look' explanation.. but still a great film. as always, nothing is ever perfect.

No offense, but what's that supposed to mean to me..."Oh, well most people liked it". So? Good for most people. I never said most wouldn't like it, and in fact, Bruce could've ended up with a chimpanzee and the gen audience would've been glad. Seems to me the only people really concerned with who he ends up with are the fans. The whole "majority liked it" argument is really just a cheap attempt to undermine someone's view because you don't agree with it.

And for the second time, you claim that I told you it wouldn't happen. The first time you did this, I asked you to show me where I said it, and you never responded. I'd like to see if you can actually conjure up proof this time. Now, in all likelyhood, what I said was probably what I've always said: That I didn't like the idea and that Bruce Wayne should always end up alone. I've rarely, if ever tried to be a fortune teller with these movies, and I doubt it happened in this case.
Not in that way. I'm saying most were happy that those two got together because most felt their chemistry was great. Even though they should have had more scenes together, it fit for msot of us. That's what I'm saying. That you can't please everyone.

As for the other thing, I must not have responded because I didn't see that post.

Last edited:
^ Thats all well and good, but again...where did I claim that they WOULDNT get together?

^ Thats all well and good, but again...where did I claim that they WOULDNT get together?
Not 100%, but you sounded fairly certain. Not that i can blame you, They tried really hard to make us thing that bruce's main romance would be with Miranda. That book (the one that showed the pic of what happens after Bruce and Miranda have sex) and other such info was put out there purely to mislead us. I believe you stated several times(Kalmart, as well) that they wouldn't get together because it would go against the nature of their characters.

Not 100%, but you sounded fairly certain.

So...you can't answer my actual question and you're pretty much stuff out of your backside.

Ok, good to know.

I believe you stated several times(Kalmart, as well) that they wouldn't get together because it would go against the nature of their characters.

Once again, if I said anything it was that they shouldnt get together, not that they wouldnt. I dont know why you're essentially making stuff up so you can have bragging rights. Like I said, I have yet to play fortune teller on these types of movies. If I'm wrong on this mattter, fine, but I doubt your recollection is correct, in fact, Im pretty sure its not.

Last edited:
So...you can't answer my actual question and you're pretty much stuff out of your backside.

Ok, good to know.
Not at all. I had several conversations with you many many months ago where you were very anti Bat/Cat ending up together. You were fairly sure it wouldn't happen. I'm not going to spend 2 hours looking up three month old posts. You didn't claim they wouldn't get together, you claimed that you were quite sure they wouldn't END UP together at the end of the movie.

Not at all. I had several conversations with you many many months ago where you were very anti Bat/Cat ending up together. You were fairly sure it wouldn't happen.

The bolded part is true. The sentence after that...is not.

I'm not going to spend 2 hours looking up three month old posts.

Don't worry...I did it for you. And it took lot less than 2 hours.

You didn't claim they wouldn't get together, you claimed that you were quite sure they wouldn't END UP together at the end of the movie.

I claimed no such thing. I DID claim that it wouldnt make sense for Bats to end up with Selina if she killed Bane, but did NOT say they wouldnt end up together.

Then, there was this post I made to you:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=23595473&postcount=315

In there I said that Bruce didnt necessarily need someone to be fufilled post cowl and that the romantic stuff will most likely be explored through Miranda. Nowhere did I claim with absolute certainty that Bruce and Selina wouldnt be together at the end.

If you're gonna make claims, at least try and back them up. Cause all I see is you misinterpreting my posts.

Now, someone you talked to who indicated that Bats/Cats wouldnt end up together was KalMart in the "Why Batman WON'T die" thread:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=23375693&postcount=104

And obviously...I am not KalMart.

Last edited:
I've wanted extended editions of all the films, but I think we truly *NEED* one of TDKR. You can tell it was cut to ribbons to fit under 3 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"