Supergirl Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

1153-supergirl-season-3-2nd-half-poster.jpg

I think this may be my fave SG poster.

I really like this poster too...

In other news.
If the next couple of episodes are about "Karamel", the latter half is probably about "Supercorp".:sly:
http://tvline.com/2018/04/09/supergirl-season-3-spring-spoilers-kara-lena-secret/

As part of TVLine’s upcoming in-depth Q&A about the back half of Season 3 (premiering Monday, April 16), executive producer Jessica Queller told me, “There’s a big reveal” involving Lena “that will enrage Supergirl and the DEO. It turns into an epic battle of wills between the two women. I wouldn’t want to miss it!”

I suppose this is with respect to Sam and Reign. I am a bit surprised that Lena keeps the details from Kara. And more that, Kara could be against helping Sam. That would be out of character, wouldn't it?

I really like this poster too...

In other news.
If the next couple of episodes are about "Karamel", the latter half is probably about "Supercorp".:sly:
http://tvline.com/2018/04/09/supergirl-season-3-spring-spoilers-kara-lena-secret/

As part of TVLine’s upcoming in-depth Q&A about the back half of Season 3 (premiering Monday, April 16), executive producer Jessica Queller told me, “There’s a big reveal” involving Lena “that will enrage Supergirl and the DEO. It turns into an epic battle of wills between the two women. I wouldn’t want to miss it!”

I suppose this is with respect to Sam and Reign. I am a bit surprised that Lena keeps the details from Kara. And more that, Kara could be against helping Sam. That would be out of character, wouldn't it?

Who's to say it isn't Kara that wants to help and its Lena that turns on Sam. We know that she doesn't trust aliens....and believes that we should be able to find out who is an alien and who isn't...

It will be interesting....

Who's to say it isn't Kara that wants to help and its Lena that turns on Sam. We know that she doesn't trust aliens....and believes that we should be able to find out who is an alien and who isn't...

It will be interesting....
That doesn't seem like what they were setting up with that last scene between them, imo. Lena seems extra empathetic towards Sam now that she's figured out who she is. I suspect the rift will be caused by Lena keeping it a secret, not telling Supergirl OR Kara, and maybe not wanting Supergirl/The DEO involved since she knows Reign beat Supergirl to a bloody pulp last time and figures they'll take the offensive against her friend if they find out. And maybe that leads to something to go terribly wrong that they could have prevented if they'd known the whole story.

Lena NOT trusting Supergirl with something for once would make for an interesting change. Especially if Kara suspects her of hiding it but can't call her out on it without showing her hand.

Last edited:
Kara and Lena are still friends, but Supergirl and Lena are definitely going to be at odds with each other. It's quite a triangle between them,

That doesn't seem like what they were setting up with that last scene between them, imo. Lena seems extra empathetic towards Sam now that she's figured out who she is. I suspect the rift will be caused by Lena keeping it a secret, not telling Supergirl OR Kara, and maybe not wanting Supergirl/The DEO involved since she knows Reign beat Supergirl to a bloody pulp last time and figures they'll take the offensive against her friend if they find out. And maybe that leads to something to go terribly wrong that they could have prevented if they'd known the whole story.

Lena NOT trusting Supergirl with something for once would make for an interesting change. Especially if Kara suspects her of hiding it but can't call her out on it without showing her hand.

That would be an interesting development...

Probably New Krypton if anything. If it were in the future, Amy would be back filming I would think.

I tend to agree, but I'm also nervous about that because I don't want them to do New Krypton without Superman. I mean, I don't need his involvement to be major, but unlike the Worldkillers plot (which so far remains relegated to National City and is basically a vigilante-run-amok that doesn't demand his attention), this development would be highly relevant to him, and his absence from that kind of storyline would be an even more glaring omission than it already is for some.

Where are we again? Reign is putting together a team of World Killers, Imra is about to tell Mon El why they’re really there, James & Lena are getting together, Alex is getting close with Ruby (and possibly with Sam), and Winn is about to get another Toy Man episode. Can’t wait for Monday, been way too long.

Where are we again? Reign is putting together a team of World Killers, Imra is about to tell Mon El why they’re really there, James & Lena are getting together, Alex is getting close with Ruby (and possibly with Sam), and Winn is about to get another Toy Man episode. Can’t wait for Monday, been way too long.
You forgot the biggest development of the last ep: Lena discovered the truth about Sam/Reign and vowed to fix her.

I knew I forgot something. Aren’t Kara & Brainiac5 supposed to ship also?

I'm doubtful they have that for this iteration of Supergirl. Although anything is possible. But, if I'm not mistaken The Legion or at least all except Mon-el are heading back to the future.

Yes, I was just saying how the rumor was worded....I have no idea if its true, but should be interesting....

New interview up, some highlights

TVLINE | Would you say that when the third Worldkiller emerges, it will kick the season to into a new gear?
Oh, yes. It’s like the three witches from Macbeth — it’s not complete until you have the trinity, and so once the third one has been found, the villains have their full powers. That definitely gets us off and running towards the big battles at the end.

TVLINE | Lena seems to be playing a dangerous game with the whole Sam thing. While we have every faith in her to manage it, is there the potential for it to blow up in her face? You’re in this funny situation where if one set of characters shared with the other set what they all know, the pieces could come together.
Exactly. One thing that we play a lot with in the upcoming episodes is the triangle between Lena, Kara and Supergirl, because Lena has a very different relationship with Kara Danvers than she does with Supergirl. Something we had never played before that we are really examining and excited about in the upcoming episodes is that Lena and Supergirl are at odds about certain things and a bit angry with one another, but Lena and Kara are best friends. Lena feels the closest to Kara of anyone in the world, so then Kara is suddenly in this position where she is sort of living two lives with one of her best friends. And although we’ve always had to see Supergirl maintain a dual identity, it’s very personal when it comes to Lena, and it’s very challenging for Kara, and so we’re really interested in that dynamic.

In an upcoming episode, there’s a big reveal that Lena has something in her lab that will enrage Supergirl and the DEO, and it turns into an epic battle of wills between the two women, Lena and Supergirl. I wouldn’t want to miss it.

TVLINE | It sounds like even though they’ve kind of explored that a bit this season, there’s a bunch more work to be done.
There’s a lot more coming. Mon-El is going to be a big part of the show through the finale, and it’s a heart-wrenching situation. There’s a lot of romance and a lot of drama, and I would definitely tune in to see how that will play out.

TVLINE | It is that time of the season when Alex almost dies.
It backfires, yes. It then dawns on Alex that the two great loves of her life, her passion for her career and her passion to be a mother, may be at odds. What does that mean? That’s going to be a really hard area for Alex to grapple with.

As for James, his arc is about the deepening of his relationship with Lena and his shifting alliance with his friends. He also contemplates what it would mean to reveal his true identity as Guardian.
http://tvline.com/2018/04/12/supergirl-season-3-spring-preview-kara-mon-el-lena-reign-alex/

Mon-El has to return to the future as a Legionnaire, whether his marriage with Saturn Girl is arranged.

I wish Brainiac 5 would return for the 4th season.

Not that I would mind that, actually hope for it....but why does he have to go back? They have certainly taken liberty with canon from the comics up until this time, why not with Mon-el?

I’d be shocked if Mon-El left. Pleased, but shocked. They’re not gonna kick Chris off the show, IMO. Unless he and Melissa break up I guess, lol.

Mon-El would have to marry Shadow Lass in the 31st Century, unless she's one of the Legionnaires introduced this season.

Mon-El would have to marry Shadow Lass in the 31st Century, unless she's one of the Legionnaires introduced this season.

Again, why? Just because it happened in the comics does not mean that it will happen in the show, hell look at the Reign arc....

The Reign arc belongs to Supergirl.

There are more pics from In Search of Lost Time and I'm concerned about Winn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"