Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, this Jimmy( I mean......James) Olsen knows that Kara is Supergirl.

I wonder if he also knows Superman is Clark Kent.

Just from what we saw in that footage it does seem like it's a possibility that he might.

I'd say it's more of a definitive certainty, personally (that James knows that Clark and Superman are one and the same).

I also like they went with the Kah-ra pronunciation of her name, instead of Care-ra.

sounds sexier and more exotic. :o

and that's a change I don't mind. I like that James is in more of a confidant/mentor role.

Yeah I don't mind it at all. Also Jimmy in the comics now knows that Clark is Superman.

She looks so freaking cute , and has a good personality. I hope it does well.

This is true. She's cute and also pretty hot, I'd say.

Looks like they're pushing this as a show for girls based on the trailer. Not sure why I expected otherwise, but it doesn't look like my cup of tea.

Preview was legit. Definitely gonna watch and could see it fitting into the Flash-verse.

It looks relatively average, IMO. Tries too hard to be Sex and the City meets superheroes at times. Plus, at some point, Warners or whoever is controlling the property is going to have to **** or get off the pot when it comes to Superman. The trailer alone had so many nods and winks to Superman (without ever explicitly mentioning him) that it got tiresome. That joke is funny once or twice. It quickly becomes a distraction so I hope the producers have a plan to address the big blue elephant in the room that is Superman.

Yeah, pitting it against Gotham seems a bit foolish. Supergirl's producers shouldn't be so confident of their product and think they can just have everyone transfer loyalty to this new series, even if it is good. If Supergirl fails and is axed, then they might conclude that there isn't an audience for female-led comic shows, when in fact it's all to do with trying to have it face off against an already-established series about Batman.

hmmmm.....

I liked the 1st season of Gotham and I will watch the 2nd season. But I know where my priorities will be this fall.

I'd rather watch a show about Supergirl where Supergirl actually exists as the main character than a show that's a perpetual tease for a future Batman which may or not ever come to fruition.

The trailer looked really good! Hope the ratings reflect the same since CBS is hard as hell to survive on.

I hope we get flashbacks throughout the first season, and WB really should lift their ban on multiple Supermans.

hmmmm.....

I liked the 1st season of Gotham and I will watch the 2nd season. But I know where my priorities will be this fall.

I'd rather watch a show about Supergirl where Supergirl actually exists as the main character than a show that's a perpetual tease for a future Batman which may or not ever come to fruition.

Well I'll be watching Supergirl, as I've pretty much given up on Gotham now anyway. I was fed up watching the antics of Penguin and Fish Mooney. I like Melissa Benoist too.

But I do wish they just showed a shorter trailer instead of half the show in it with all the major beats of the episode.

I like that James is in more of a confidant/mentor role.

So do I. There's also a definite love interest vibe to his relationship with Kara, which should make things interesting.

Comparing these characters' roles to those on Arrow and Flash, Wynn is Felicity, and James is a combination of Laurel, Diggle, Iris, and Joe.

The trailer looked really good! Hope the ratings reflect the same since CBS is hard as hell to survive on.

I hope we get flashbacks throughout the first season, and WB really should lift their ban on multiple Supermans.

Yep, otherwise the whole nudge and wink act will get old very fast. Honestly, the reason I gave up on Gotham was because EVERY episode seemed to do all but have the actors turn to the camera and say "GET IT!?!?!!? ITS A SHOW ABOUT BATMAN AND EVERYTHING WE SAY IS SOME BATMAN INSIDE JOKE!!!! GET IT!?!?!?!"

That got old on Gotham really quick and it'll get old if they do it with this show. Warners either needs to have Cavill do a cameo or designate a TV Superman.

Looks pretty good. They showed a lot more than I expected. I've got kind of a mixed reaction on a few things.

I don't know who the "nerdy best friend" is supposed to be,but he would've made an awesome "traditional" Jimmy. The Jimmy we got seems like a wise old sage fer corn sake. John Diggle 2.1

I can tell many a male viewer will probably be wincing through the "devil wears prada-esq" work scenes. It probably would be in their best interests to downplay that stuff,like toot sweet.

Melissa looks really cute and she seems to have a believably good way of playing both parts of her identity.

I was hoping they ditched the black stockings.(It's still so ridiculous. Supergirl in nylons. :whatever:) I guess it was meant for a tease to the purists out there. "See her legs? Good. Now shut up and be happy for the rest of the series.":oldrazz:

The action/cgi looks very impressive.

I wish she would've gone by the name Linda. It's like Supe going by Cal Kent. It's just not the same.

Really looking forward to this one now.:woot:

tout suite...not toot sweet haha :cwink:

Yep, otherwise the whole nudge and wink act will get old very fast. Honestly, the reason I gave up on Gotham was because EVERY episode seemed to do all but have the actors turn to the camera and say "GET IT!?!?!!? ITS A SHOW ABOUT BATMAN AND EVERYTHING WE SAY IS SOME BATMAN INSIDE JOKE!!!! GET IT!?!?!?!"

That got old on Gotham really quick and it'll get old if they do it with this show. Warners either needs to have Cavill do a cameo or designate a TV Superman.

Oh, Matt... you're irritable as all hell.

And that's coming from ME. :o

Did I hear them right that Karas suit is made from Palmer Technologies?

Eh looks meh. Got a Sex and City vibe going on buy don't think it works really well. We'll see.

Oh, Matt... you're irritable as all hell.

And that's coming from ME. :o

Oh come on, you know I'm right. The first two or so nods are funny. When EVERY episode is nothing but a continual reference to something we are never going to see, it gets tiresome.

....Plus there was an episode about a guy who killed people by tying them to balloons. That was the nail in the coffin. :oldrazz:

I'm pretty sure Wynn said the word 'polymer' when talking about the material he used to make Kara's cape.

Yeah, pitting it against Gotham seems a bit foolish. Supergirl's producers shouldn't be so confident of their product and think they can just have everyone transfer loyalty to this new series, even if it is good. If Supergirl fails and is axed, then they might conclude that there isn't an audience for female-led comic shows, when in fact it's all to do with trying to have it face off against an already-established series about Batman.

I, too, think it's strange that CBS has placed Supergirl against Gotham. A bad decision that doesn't make much sense, if you ask me.

I'm not sure why you'd give up on a show where establishing connections to the Batman universe WAS THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE SHOW ITSELF, but whatever.

It looks very light, much lighter than I expected. I'm intrigued as to why they've decided to make Jimmy Olsen a big, buff black dude. AFAIK, Jimmy's always been a skinny white, nerdy looking guy... I'm also rather intrigued as to why it seemed to hint at Jimmy knowing who Superman is.

If the trailer is anything to go by, then Superman is deliberately staying away from Kara... Which seems strange.

I also have to wonder what this show might mean to Flash & Arrow as I was under the impression that this show was going to be in the same universe.

I really enjoyed the trailer...

The references to Superman were a little on the nose. Hopefully after the pilot is finished, they move away from such unnecessary nods.

A few questions/observations:

- Who is this ''sister'' in the trailer?
- Based on the trailer alone, I don't really like what they are doing with Jimmy Olsen.
- Calista Flockhart kind of stole the limelight, but it's weird to see her aging. I'll always think of her as Ally McBeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"