Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like network producers realized just how big a female demo flash/arrow actually have and decided to really drive it home. I expect that demo is going to love this, and not just for the superhero stuff either. You could strip this trailer of any of that and still have a fall network pilot(..for that demo). Kinda genius actually.
Should do well, especially if they imbue it with the same juice they gave flash/arrow during their early seasons.

When she said "its not an S" i immediately thought she was gonna say " on my world it means Hope" lol

"My name is Kara Zor-El..."

Bravo, DCTVverse! :woot:

Wow, this actually looks really good. Can't wait to see it.

It has a lot more Superman hints than i thought it would be.

How will they get around not showing Superman on Supergirl.

It has a lot more Superman hints than i thought it would be.

How will they get around not showing Superman on Supergirl.

He's way across the country doing stuff in Metropolis?

I'm sure he'll appear eventually. They wouldn't make such a point of referencing him if he weren't going to pay it off.

She looks so freaking cute , and has a good personality. I hope it does well.

The show does look like fun, more along the lines of Flash, which I think work better for the character. Definitely seems more colorful than Man of Steel. I know the TV stuff usually separate, but I feel like those Superman hints seemed to reference Man of Steel's version of the story a little. Either that or they're ripping off lines.

And it took me back a little because Kara looked an awful lot like Felicity from Arrow season 1.

It's Flash/Arrow with a female lead and a Serialized Procedural element to it, which is exactly what I was expecting it to be.

The trailer also gave me strong iZombie/Buffy the Vampire Slayer vibes.

Now excuse me while I go watch it again and geek out.

DC TV vs Marvel Netflix and you have a full paradigm shift when it comes to light colorful vs dark and gritty. Crazy times.

I hope this show does well amidst all the controversies lately about female-lead superhero stuff.

wow!! I loved the trailer!!

I had my doubts about Melissa as Kara, but I think she looks great in the role and I like her personality.

but again, my one nitpick would be that I wish her hair was a tad brighter ( like Cat Grant's blonde shade ).

but, oh well.........

I'll take Kara as a dirty blonde.

:atp:

:o

When she said "its not an S" i immediately thought she was gonna say " on my world it means Hope" lol

You're not alone my friend haha. Really like what we are seeing, pretty excited for this. I really like that Superman is already established in the universe of the show. Very cool.

Looks pretty good. They showed a lot more than I expected. I've got kind of a mixed reaction on a few things.

I don't know who the "nerdy best friend" is supposed to be,but he would've made an awesome "traditional" Jimmy. The Jimmy we got seems like a wise old sage fer corn sake. John Diggle 2.1

I can tell many a male viewer will probably be wincing through the "devil wears prada-esq" work scenes. It probably would be in their best interests to downplay that stuff,like toot sweet.

Melissa looks really cute and she seems to have a believably good way of playing both parts of her identity.

I was hoping they ditched the black stockings.(It's still so ridiculous. Supergirl in nylons. :whatever:) I guess it was meant for a tease to the purists out there. "See her legs? Good. Now shut up and be happy for the rest of the series.":oldrazz:

The action/cgi looks very impressive.

I wish she would've gone by the name Linda. It's like Supe going by Cal Kent. It's just not the same.

Really looking forward to this one now.:woot:

It looks very similar to the Flash but with a female lead. I think it might work. Superman and Flash/Arrow people will probably be sweeps guests. Bonus points if they manage to do more Superman villians than just Luthor.

This is trending on Twitter (US & WW). :up:

Looks fun. Glad there won't be too much secret identity drama. Though, not quite sure what is up with Callista's eyes.

So, this Jimmy( I mean......James) Olsen knows that Kara is Supergirl.

I wonder if he also knows Superman is Clark Kent.

I don't know who the "nerdy best friend" is supposed to be,but he would've made an awesome "traditional" Jimmy. The Jimmy we got seems like a wise old sage fer corn sake. John Diggle 2.1

He's Wynn Schott (AKA the future Toyman), and he's played by Jeremy Jordan.

I can tell many a male viewer will probably be wincing through the "devil wears prada-esq" work scenes. It probably would be in their best interests to downplay that stuff,like toot sweet.

There's nothing wrong with making her a PA to Calista's Anna Wintour-esque Cat Grant, especially since they're going to offset that with her side-job of working for Henshaw and the DEO.

This looks really cute and fun. :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back