Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Episode 8- Crisis on Earth X, Part 4"

Evil Nazis Quentin Lance actually came across as the most despicable villain of all imo. When he:

Reveals that he killed Earth-X Sara because she was bisexual, and called her "filth," wow that was so cruel. And it's one of the few times that Sara is immediately noticeable affected by something that her dad said.

Also he's the closest that the Earth-X Nazis get to feeling like actual Nazis (the rest of them feel more like generalistic fascists than specifically Nazis.

He was the only one who actually felt closest to what watching a Nazi would be like. Everyone else is just "Nazis = Bad. I hate Nazis! I love punching Nazis!"

Generally a very entertaining and worthwhile crossover.

Only issue I had was Felicity stealing Barry/Iris's moment and Barry letting Thawne go.

I hated the felicity thing.. the wedding was so well done and I was hoping to cut to the mysterious girl (Dawn?) watching from afar. Then felicity does what she always does - I remember really liking her in the first season or two but I don’t think any character/actor just kills a scene like she does for me.

As for Barry letting Thawne go I thought that was one of the most sensible things he’s done. Remember that the RF timeline is all over the place. This was after Barry fought him in S1 but possibly before RF finds himself in Barry’s house in S2 and other altercations that Barry is yet to have. There probably isn’t going to be many opportunities for Barry to kill him without messing up the timeline so the smart thing to do is let him walk.

Are you also offended by the straight couples? Iris & Barry, Oliver & Felicity, Diggle & Lyla, Martin Stein & Clarisse, Joe West & Cecille, Cisco & Gypsy, Winn & Lyra, Kara & Mon-El, Nate & Amaya, Wally & Jesse.
Are there also too many straight characters in straight relationships? I'm just trying to figure out if you are anti-relationship or anti-gay?

I didn’t write the original post but I think it comes down to proportions. There are a percentage of people who are LGBT in the same way there are percentages of ethnic groups, religious groups, interact is relationships, children, teenagers etc etc. In many of these cases the percentages are very low.

A show set in America and based on reality would usually have vastly more white straight couples than not because that is life. White straight people are the majority by some way in the same way that if the show was set in Africa you should expect the majority to be people of African origin.

Media, politics and just the world agenda at the moment pushes for more representation of some groups, while not having enough representation of groups they dislike, which is what I feel people take issue with. Every character they have created and every relationship they’ve created is feasible in the real world but the likelihood of a straight church wedding service having this variety of people is not typical and the media tries to pass it off as though it is. It’s a superhero show though so logic goes out the window but this happens in things like law and order which tries to replicate real life and real life isn’t a small town with 30 percent GLBT.. it’s more like 3 percent I believe.

Last edited:
I thought that this year's crossover was really well-done. It was fun and action-packed as well as emotional and heartfelt. There were many things to enjoy in this four-episode crossover, and as always, it was simply a blast to watch all these characters from all four CW DC shows interact with each other. Seeing all these characters we've come to know and love all together is always a real treat. And it was really nice to see Alex in a crossover for the first time and interacting with other Arrowverse characters. Nicely done.

I didn’t write the original post but I think it comes down to proportions. There are a percentage of people who are LGBT in the same way there are percentages of ethnic groups, religious groups, interact is relationships, children, teenagers etc etc. In many of these cases the percentages are very low.

A show set in America and based on reality would usually have vastly more white straight couples than not because that is life. White straight people are the majority by some way in the same way that if the show was set in Africa you should expect the majority to be people of African origin.

Media, politics and just the world agenda at the moment pushes for more representation of some groups, while not having enough representation of groups they dislike, which is what I feel people take issue with. Every character they have created and every relationship they’ve created is feasible in the real world but the likelihood of a straight church wedding service having this variety of people is not typical and the media tries to pass it off as though it is. It’s a superhero show though so logic goes out the window but this happens in things like law and order which tries to replicate real life and real life isn’t a small town with 30 percent GLBT.. it’s more like 3 percent I believe.

That can often be my problem with these types of scenarios when they make their agenda so obvious and write it so ham-handedly, especially in Superhero shows where such a small percentage of the population of people worldwide get powers or superskills that put them in the league of powered people (much less than 1%). That being said I had no problem with Leo and Ray being Gay because that was an entirely new universe with a reset distribution rate of the various types of people that had a radically different type of reality, to be frank I am surprised there weren't more ethnicities and people of color in their ranks considering those would be the people most likely to take action against a Nazi dominated state as they'd be most heavily targeted by it. I was honestly surprised we didn't get a rebel Diggle or Curtis of that world, then again I'm kind of glad as a 1-to-1 transfer of every existing person in the two Arrowverses would have been improbable considering how different the history of their world was effecting who knows how many births (still they could have beefed up the number of doppelgangers by a few).

Last edited:
Easily the best part of the crossover.

The action, solid as usual. Greg Smith is a fantastic director.

Great use of Killer Frost finally. They let her shine, something the Flash writers somehow can't do.

The final battle was exciting, that power shot was awesome.

I never laughed harder than the ending

when FeFe stole Iris' thunder away from marrying her step-brother. Serves them right, Olicity is the lesser of the two evils. Felicity is now my new favorite person.

He's not related. Henry was his father and Nora was his mother. While her father is Joe and her mother was Francine. Step children have one parent in common.

He's not related. Henry was his father and Nora was his mother. While her father is Joe and her mother was Francine. Step children have one parent in common.
No they don’t. That’s half-siblings. But you are correct, they are not step-siblings either, as those are related by marriage.

Interesting that no one mentioned the lifts from Marvel in this crossover:

1. Atom is now a mix of Iron Man and Ant Man.
2. The scene where the power heroes destroy Metallo is reminiscent of what was done
to Ultron.
3. Kara falling to earth helpless before being caught is like Iron Man doing the same in
The Avengers.
4. Killer Frost's transformation scenarios somewhat mimic The Hulk's.

Are you also offended by the straight couples? Iris & Barry, Oliver & Felicity, Diggle & Lyla, Martin Stein & Clarisse, Joe West & Cecille, Cisco & Gypsy, Winn & Lyra, Kara & Mon-El, Nate & Amaya, Wally & Jesse.
Are there also too many straight characters in straight relationships? I'm just trying to figure out if you are anti-relationship or anti-gay?

Well to be fair a lot of fans are unhappy about Oliver & Felicity. ;)

Also, if I remember reading correctly their is a group of shippers who were upset with Mon-El and Kara because they wanted Kara with Lena Luther.

2. The scene where the power heroes destroy Metallo is reminiscent of what was done
to Ultron.
3. Kara falling to earth helpless before being caught is like Iron Man doing the same in
The Avengers.

4. Killer Frost's transformation scenarios somewhat mimic The Hulk's.

Er, no. Iron Man is like Superman doing the same thing in Superman Returns. That’s the reference they were going for.

Except that Atom was created first (1961) and Iron Man (1963) and Ant Man (1962) were created later. So really Iron Man and Ant Man are what Atom would be if he were separated into two characters.

Except that Atom was created first (1961) and Iron Man (1963) and Ant Man (1962) were created later. So really Iron Man and Ant Man are what Atom would be if he were separated into two characters.

I'd say Atom as an armored guy was nowhere in the original comics conception.
And shrinking protagonists were nothing new, so no, Iron Man and Ant-Man took nothing from the Atom, while Arrowerse's Atom is a bit indebted to Iron Man via his being a discount Ted Kord.

Some other things I've noticed after repeated viewings:

1. Kara and to a certain extent Alex are wearing something different in every scene but they go back through the rift with no luggage.
2. These people can't afford hotels so they crash on each others' couches?
3. Why would feared Nazi leaders wear battle masks other than to give the production a break on setting up fight scenes?
4. Oliver pops a bow out of nowhere but where did his arrows come from in the church?
5. Great scientific minds from the 21st Century can fly/manipulate/reprogram a spaceship from far in the future.

Live + 7 day increase for the Supergirl for the November 27th episode "Crisis on Earth-X, part 1"
Live 0.9, L+7 1.6, a 78% increase
Viewers, from 2.713 million live to 4.430 million in L+7, an increase of 1.717 million viewers, for a 63% increase.

Live + 7 day increase for the Arrow for the November 27th episode "Crisis on Earth-X, part 2"
Live 0.9, L+7 1.7, an 89% increase
Viewers, from 2.521 million live to 4.412 million in L+7, an increase of 1.891 million viewers, for a 75% increase.

Live + 7 day increase for The Flash for the November 28th episode "Crisis on Earth-X, part 3"
Live 1.0, L+7 1.7, a 70% increase
Viewers, from 2.816 million live to 4.621 million in L+7, an increase of 1.825 million viewers, for a 65% increase.

Live + 7 day increase for Legends of Tomorrow for the November 28th episode "Crisis on Earth-X, part 4"
Live 0.9, L+7 1.7, an 89% increase
Viewers, from 2.797 million live to 4.618 million in L+7, an increase of 1.821 million viewers, for a 65% increase.

The masks also served to conveniently mask who they were for the people of the Flarrowverse earth, this is especially helpful with Oliver as if he didn't have that mask I doubt he'd have any mask due to having no need to hide his identity.

The masks also served to conveniently mask who they were for the people of the Flarrowverse earth, this is especially helpful with Oliver as if he didn't have that mask I doubt he'd have any mask due to having no need to hide his identity.

The mask thing obviously was to help out the production more than anything else. You only need X number of masked Nazi stunt people/extras if you can reuse them in multiple fight scenes.

It makes no sense for Nazis to be masked on Earth X, let alone the leaders. If you're in charge of the planet, you have nothing to hide.

Sorry, I disagree. It felt out of place, and didn’t seem to serve any purpose to the story other than it being about having more gay couples on the show for the sake of having more gay characters

Is that bad?

Is that bad?
Only if it turns into another ridiculous teen soap opera like Flash. *imagines The Ray getting into a hissy fit because Leo didn't consult him about sacrificing himself to prevent a universe-ending disaster...HAH! never gonna happen!*

Kara saying "General care to step out side" ala Superman II and Wells saying "you have to take her up, up, and away" were both good

oops - intended this message for General Discussion

Last edited:
Here's the one thing about the crossover I didnt get.

If the whole purpose of invading Earth 1 was to get Kara's heart, why didnt the Nazis invade Earth 38? That's where she lives after all

If the whole purpose of invading Earth 1 was to get Kara's heart, why didnt the Nazis invade Earth 38? That's where she lives after all
Because Kara was on Earth-1 at the time? Thawne was also from Earth-1 (though granted, a future version of it - at some point).

Maybe Thawne knew that Kara could/would be found on Earth-1 at some point in the past (from his perspective)? I seem to recall X-Ollie claiming they'd been watching their counterparts for some time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"