Arrow Season 8, Episode 8: "Crisis on Infinite Earths, Part 4" (MAJOR SPOILERS)

Fantasy...

AssuredScientificJavalina-max-1mb.gif

vs

Reality...

Crisis-on-Infinite-Earths-Barry-Allen-the-flash-cw-43188392-540-220.gif

Out of the current shows, I can see Ryan Choi appear in either Flash or Supergirl after the Crisis.

Out of the current shows, I can see Ryan Choi appear in either Flash or Supergirl after the Crisis.

I believe he's scheduled to join the Legends as a fixed member of their crew, especially with Brandon leaving the show.

I believe he's scheduled to join the Legends as a fixed member of their crew, especially with Brandon leaving the show.

Let's hope his Atom suit is more like the comics than Brandon's.

My jaw literally hit the floor when I saw Ezra Miller. Thinking about it now though if they were going to get anyone from the DCEU it was him. He and Grant were both very supportive of one another when it was announced that Miller was cast as the Movie Flash.

This was a damn good episode I must say. They nailed it (although there were a few cringey moments of dialogue in the final fight lol). This was also a much more fitting end for Oliver and kind of explains why his first death was actually anti climactic.

I actually enjoyed this one. The only thing I didn't like is that I felt the gang being on the Speed Force dragged on a bit and them doing the flashbacks as you can tell they were doing it for time. But other than that I enjoyed Oliver's death this time and it's just a shame that Diggle wasn't with him, it didn't feel right. I thought Oliver's fight with the Anti-Monitor actually looked good on a TV budget.

Surprised that Ezra Miller was actually in this and it's cool he took his time out of his schedule to film this cameo. I loved seeing the Two Barrys freaking out and admiring each other costumes, I know it was fanservice but I thought it was awesome. I guess this pretty much confirms that Miller will likely be starring in that Flashpoint movie they're working on.

Last edited:
So essentially the cw verse start Arrow as a blatant rip-off of Christopher Nolan's realistic take on Batman from Batman Begins as the Hood . then by the end of their run they Tony Stark the heck out of all Oliver to be the savior of the multiverse. Yeah how original.... I'm sorry but for all the flack people gave to "Smallville" back in the day at least they were actually laying down some new material and setting the trend for all these current superheroes shows .

Where I live, in South Florida, the CW's audio had no voice track for this episode. The worst !!

So essentially the cw verse start Arrow as a blatant rip-off of Christopher Nolan's realistic take on Batman from Batman Begins as the Hood . then by the end of their run they Tony Stark the heck out of all Oliver to be the savior of the multiverse. Yeah how original.... I'm sorry but for all the flack people gave to "Smallville" back in the day at least they were actually laying down some new material and setting the trend for all these current superheroes shows .
Smallville didn't do anything that wasn't done before with 1990 Flash or Superboy. It was just more recent. Having watched Smallville and Superboy entirely within the last year, the shows are far more similar than anyone remembers (probably because Superboy never ran in repeats). Smallville wasn't even the first show where college age Clark prior to taking the Superman mantle has to save Lana from a forced marriage to Lex Luthor.

Tim Burton's Batman is the true root of this shared multiverse. It directly and heavily inspired 1990 Flash, which was watched and enjoyed by the creators of the Arrowverse (Geoff Johns, Andrew Kreisberg, Greg Berlanti). Not to mention 1990 Flash served as the template for the rest of the shows in regard to the "team" elements; Tina McGee was Cisco Ramon, Chloe Sullivan, Caitlin Snow, and Iris West all rolled into one.

The Monitor origin elements were ok.

Ezra Miller’s cameo was awesome.

The rest…it just kind of felt like filler. There was like no character development to speak of.

So Amell got another terrible death sequence, and they basically ruined The Spectre in the process. Because he looked stupid, he sounded stupid…they couldn’t design a decent cloak for an otherworldly being and maybe make him look a bit more ghostlike?

The action in general ranged from kind of ok to laughably bad.

Meh.

Thing I don't get is if all the worlds combined into one, wouldn't the dead people from say Ollie's world come back to life in Earth Prime since they didn't die in Earth 2,3,4, etc.

Just noticed on a Youtube reaction (Blind Wave) that Brandon had the classic Superman uniform at the ending montage.

Thing I don't get is if all the worlds combined into one, wouldn't the dead people from say Ollie's world come back to life in Earth Prime since they didn't die in Earth 2,3,4, etc.

They'd have an altered history so death is still an option.

Just noticed on a Youtube reaction (Blind Wave) that Brandon had the classic Superman uniform at the ending montage.

You noticed that in a reaction video, where the footage is downsized for reaction purposes, but not in the actual scene?

They'd have an altered history so death is still an option.

While I get what you are saying, what are the odds that every single person who died in Ollie's world but is still alive in other multiverse earth remains dead? Given that There is only 2 episodes would it have been that hard to bring back Tommy for instance

@Primal Slayer & @SV Fan

I’m kinda’ in agreement here. The odds that Robert, Moira, Tommy, Laurel, Williams Mum, and evening Sara suffered the exact same fates as their original E1 counterparts just seems illogical. That’s not to further mention the likes of Henry Allen, Nora West-Allen and Ronnie Raymond. The list goes on..

Granted they’re not about to just bring all these characters back, especially at a time when the Arrow show is drawing to a close, but it still raises questions.

@Primal Slayer & @SV Fan

I’m kinda’ in agreement here. The odds that Robert, Moira, Tommy, Laurel, Williams Mum, and evening Sara suffered the exact same fates as their original E1 counterparts just seems illogical. That’s not to further mention the likes of Henry Allen, Nora West-Allen and Ronnie Raymond. The list goes on..

Granted they’re not about to just bring all these characters back, especially at a time when the Arrow show is drawing to a close, but it still raises questions.

No one is saying every single character that died is still dead or died like how they originally did. We already know of 1 character whose fate has possibly changed. But Nora West-Allen was erased from the timeline because her future changed which holds true still. We'd meet a different one if a future version still exists.

They have a slightly new history so that means anything could've happened to them. Doesn't automatically put them alive.

Unfortunately, the Ezra Miller cameo was spoiled for me by people on YouTube who are just putting that in the title of their videos... but it was still cool to see.

I thought Olliver's death was a bit underwhelming. (again) I kept waiting for him to somehow show up at the end.

I just saw the final battle on Youtube. Man, did anyone else feel like Ryan Choi was so out of place there? How is it that he survives in a battle against a hoard of shadow demons but Oliver doesn't?lol

And yeah, it was just silly seeing Ryan throwing punches at those demons :whatever: He should've been hiding somewhere or be knocked out at least, he's just a normal guy with no training

I much prefer the CW Flash costume to the movie costume. The movie one just looks too busy and clunky. The CW one has a simpler design and aesthetic.

How did CW Flash meet Movie Flash in the Speed Force? I thought all alternate earths have been destroyed. What is Movie Flash doing there? What was the meaning of that?

Last edited:
I wish they would explore the Vanishing Point a lot more than doing the time jump.

I much prefer the CW Flash costume to the movie costume. The movie one just looks too busy and clunky. The CW one has a simpler design and aesthetic.

How did CW Flash meet Movie Flash in the Speed Force? I thought all alternate earths have been destroyed. What is Movie Flash doing there? What was the meaning of that?

Maybe movie Flash was in the speed force at the same time the alternate worlds were destroyed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"