The Flash Season 6x2: A Flash of the Lightning

A good run of shows thus far. Better than Supergirl has been doing, sadly.
I liked that Barry made that little Gideon ear bud. He so rarely does any sciency stuff that it surprised me, in a good way.
The rest of the cast are holding up pretty well too. I started to zone out when Cecile came on, but her story arc in this went better than I thought it would. Also really like that Frost is getting some 'out' time, even if it is inconsistent with past episodes.

barry's top speed according to guidian is 80 times less than the speed of light which travels at 186,282 miles per second.

I just caught up on this episode and that line by Gideon bugged me to all hell.

Math and Mach speeds aside, the show has established that Flash can travel through TIME. So is the show now telling us that Flash can travel through time at less than a fraction of the speed of light?!

That seriously does not compute, and makes it seem like the show's writers never took a science class in high school that covered basic physics & relativity. As has long been established by science, time travel is only possible at near light speed (or faster). 80X less doesn't seem to be fast enough for that.

I'm fine with Flash not being speed of light-fast, but the writers need to be consistent about his speed and what he can actually do. And they clearly need to go back to school too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"