Should Nintendo Create a Steam Alternative for Their IPs?

Lily Adler

#forthecontent! 📹 (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
So you play Mario, Zelda, Pokémon, Metroid, and Smash Bros. on your PC or stripped down versions for your mobile device. Basically if the hardware side of Nintendo were to fail, should they develop for other consoles or create a gaming store for their IPs content like the eShop for the PC or mobile?

Sadly they had their chance when they saw the people of Onlive weren't doing so well . they could have ether bought or joined force's as partners. with them and sorta started their own similar to steam. and they'd be able to have unlimted streaming service as well.

but they never noticed Onlive as I hoped. I suggest it once back in the day. Sony bought the server farm of the maker of the Onlive console. now if they(nintendo) can do that on their own it's possible they might do well but I'm not sure they ever do this. but it will provide store for online 3rd party & more with console. like I said I'm sure it'll happen if ever.

Nintendo will always have its original IPs to fall back on. Them becoming a successful 3rd party developer like Capcom & Square-Enix is not that far-fetched to me. Furthermore, Nintendo could always lease out their beloved characters to movie studios if times got hard (financially). Disney would snatch Mario and Link up in a heartbeat.

An actually good Zelda and Mario film. :atp:

Well, yeah lol

I know it's possible

If it's handled by Disney Animation, maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"