• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Sequels Should they reboot the X-Men films?

The X-Men comic books are very Fantasy/Sci-Fi and Peter Jackson has proven that he can handle Fantasy really well with Lord of the Rings.

I wouldn't exactly say xmen is fantacy, to me its more scifi. But jackson would have an interesting take on it.

I always thought Gollum sounded like Toad from the X-Men: Mutant Academy video games and in the origin of Smeagol in Return of the Kings, he looked like Toad from the early X-Men comic books.

Also, since Gollum was obsessed with the ring, in the same way Toad was obsessed with Magneto in the early X-Men comic books.

These are the main reasons behind my casting of Andy Serkis as Toad.

Peter Jackson would be the right director for the X-Men reboot, he would definitely bring in the fantasy elements from the comic books, keep them 3 hours long and give them an epic feel. Guillermo del Toro would be a good choice as well.

:wow:Peter Jackson with Weta working on an X-men film. :wow:

THE UNCANNY X-MEN (2011)

Cyclops- Chace Crawford

1119_chace_crawford_getty.jpg

I lose that whole stiff and aloof personality that Cyke has in the comics. Instead he should be a serious but easy-going young man who is confident and self-assured. In short terms, Scott would be Nightwing with optic blasts powers.

Jean Grey- Eliza Dushku

eliza.jpg

Big sister figure; outgoing and sarcastic, but also a responsible,cheeful and slightly tomboyish woman in her late 20s/early 30s

Wolverine- Eric Bana

257760eric-bana-posters.jpg

The gruff,amoral, badass loner from the 90s but underneath the rought exterior is a sense of irascibility with real passion for life and would be obsessed with doing the right thing

Rogue- Summer Glau

Summer_Glau_1.jpg

A dark, brooding, grouchy loner (emo) who is cursed with absorption powers. She would late lighten up and develop a big brother relationship with Logan who can relate to her.

That's how I would portray these characters in an X-Men reboot. The rest of the group would be the same as their comic portrayals.

^ I think Cyclops should be a d*ck because that makes the dynamic between him and Wolverine much better. I think Cyclops in a reboot should struggle with becoming a leader, especially with Wolverine in the group. Cyclops should slowly become nightwing with optic blast powers.

BTW, it sounds like your ideas from:

XMEFullRoster.jpg

X-men Evolution

I think the X-Men franchise deserves a reboot. I love Bryan Singer. He's one of my favorite directors. I enjoyed the first X-Men film, and really like X2. However, I think there were plenty of deviations to the characters that I wasn't exactly keen on. I hated how Wolverine took the spotlight, and Cyclops got pushed back to almost nothing. To be honest, I felt that X3, while pretty bad, felt the closest to being a true X-Men film.

I think it's best if they just started from scratch. They can call the film The Uncanny X-Men. There's no need to explore any origins. Just introductions. The film should have the line-up of Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Iceman, and Angel. Wolverine should make no appearance until a second film, and even then, not have such a major role. I think at the end of the film, they can give us a little cliffhanger where Storm, Collossus, Nightcrawler and Wolverine make an appearance, ready for a second film.

Magneto should be the utter badass he is in the comics. I have a lot of respect for Ian McKellan, and thought he did an awesome job. However, a reboot means recasting. I don't want to see any of the old actors reprising their roles for a reboot. Which means recasting Prof. X. Yes, Patrick Stewart is the ultimate image of X, but there are plenty of other actors out there who could do the role. I would hope that not too many characters are introduced. It would be a bad idea to pollute the film with too many characters. The film should be absolutely epic, too.

I think there are endless possibilities that can happen through a reboot. A lot of mistakes from the old films can be fixed. There was no reason why Magneto's costume in the films couldn't have looked as amazingly badass as it does in the comics. The helmet is where it's at.

I think the X-Men franchise deserves a reboot. I love Bryan Singer. He's one of my favorite directors. I enjoyed the first X-Men film, and really like X2. However, I think there were plenty of deviations to the characters that I wasn't exactly keen on. I hated how Wolverine took the spotlight, and Cyclops got pushed back to almost nothing. To be honest, I felt that X3, while pretty bad, felt the closest to being a true X-Men film.

I think it's best if they just started from scratch. They can call the film The Uncanny X-Men. There's no need to explore any origins. Just introductions. The film should have the line-up of Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Iceman, and Angel. Wolverine should make no appearance until a second film, and even then, not have such a major role. I think at the end of the film, they can give us a little cliffhanger where Storm, Collossus, Nightcrawler and Wolverine make an appearance, ready for a second film.

Magneto should be the utter badass he is in the comics. I have a lot of respect for Ian McKellan, and thought he did an awesome job. However, a reboot means recasting. I don't want to see any of the old actors reprising their roles for a reboot. Which means recasting Prof. X. Yes, Patrick Stewart is the ultimate image of X, but there are plenty of other actors out there who could do the role. I would hope that not too many characters are introduced. It would be a bad idea to pollute the film with too many characters. The film should be absolutely epic, too.

I think there are endless possibilities that can happen through a reboot. A lot of mistakes from the old films can be fixed. There was no reason why Magneto's costume in the films couldn't have looked as amazingly badass as it does in the comics. The helmet is where it's at.

I totally agree.

I seriously think they should also add Mr. Sinister into the mix. I think he would make a great villain for a film. Maybe Apocalypse, too. I think either one, or both, would make an awesome on-screen villain.

I really hope so. I'd like to see X-Men movies that follow the Comic Books with less plot holes. I'd love for Marvel to do this the right way once Fox is done destroying it. They didn't do a bad job, but the continuity issues are driving me up the wall.

In the first film reboot I'd like to see Sage, Jean, Cyclops, Beast, Iceman and Angel.

I seriously think they should also add Mr. Sinister into the mix. I think he would make a great villain for a film. Maybe Apocalypse, too. I think either one, or both, would make an awesome on-screen villain.

I think they should introduce Mr. Sinister in the fourth installment of the reboot, also, they should bring back Jean Grey and explain that she didn't die when Dark Phoenix got killed in the third installment.

Either both Apocalypse and Mr. Sinister or just one of them.

This is all the casting that I could come up with for the X-Men reboot.

The X-Men:

Pierce Brosnan as Professor Charles Xavier
Patrick Wilson as Scott Summers/Cyclops
Eric Bana as Logan/Wolverine
Elijah Wood as Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler
Colin Farrell as Remy LeBeau/Gambit
Brandon Routh as Piotr Rasputin/Colossus
Matthew Goode as Warren Worthington III/Angel
Chris Pine as Bobby Drake/Iceman
Kevin Grevioux as Lucas Bishop
Bruce Willis as Nathan Summers/Cable

The Brotherhood:

Jeremy Irons as Erik Lensherr/Magneto
David Thewlis as Jason Wyngarde/Mastermind
Andy Serkis as Mortimer Toynbee/Toad
Russell Crowe as Victor Creed/Sabretooth
Thomas Haden Church as Cain Marko/Juggernaut

I think X-men should get a reboot but not under Fox.

I liked some of what Singer did with the first two movies, but there was still lacking. I want a director that can evenly balance the action with the drama behind the mutants. Singer was able to use the dramatic elements but wasted perfectly great action opportunities. Ratner and Hood were able to bring action, but didn't make the audience care about it (at least me anyway, and I am easy to entertain).

I think Fox needs to stop making X-movies (will never happen) and Marvel needs to either get them back or somehow acquire creative control. I say reboot the movies without Wolverine in the first one. Tease Wolverine at the end, very Joker/Batman Begins style. I am tired of Wolverine being this leader. I'm used to him being an outlaw, someone who helps fight common enemies but never relies on a group, or leads them. Scott Summers is the perfect leader and way underused.

Patrick Wilson is a great idea for Cyclops. I recently have also thought Bradley Cooper could do a pretty good dickish Cyke.

Bruce Willis as Cable is great, but I dont think it would happen. I love it none the less though. hehe.

Tease Wolverine at the end, very Joker/Batman Begins style.

They should mention Department H or a mutants encounter with the Hulk to give a hint at Wolverine.

Patrick Wilson is a great idea for Cyclops

Patrick Wilson as Night Owl in Watchmen gave a very Cyclops vibe due to the goggles and the character acted like a total boyscout.

I recently have also thought Bradley Cooper could do a pretty good dickish Cyke.

I don't know about that, he's just been in comedy movies plus I don't see him as Cyclops.

Yeah but his performance in He's Just Not That Into You and Wedding Crashers suggests that he can play a dick real well. But I can't really argue because I think Patrick Wilson is a better choice. I will reserve my use of Bradley for possibly Green Arrow. Perhaps his dickish comedy charm can help create a great Ollie Queen.

This is all the casting that I could come up with for the X-Men reboot.

The X-Men:

Pierce Brosnan as Professor Charles Xavier
Patrick Wilson as Scott Summers/Cyclops
Eric Bana as Logan/Wolverine
Elijah Wood as Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler
Colin Farrell as Remy LeBeau/Gambit
Brandon Routh as Piotr Rasputin/Colossus
Matthew Goode as Warren Worthington III/Angel
Chris Pine as Bobby Drake/Iceman
Kevin Grevioux as Lucas Bishop
Bruce Willis as Nathan Summers/Cable

The Brotherhood:

Jeremy Irons as Erik Lensherr/Magneto
David Thewlis as Jason Wyngarde/Mastermind
Andy Serkis as Mortimer Toynbee/Toad
Russell Crowe as Victor Creed/Sabretooth
Thomas Haden Church as Cain Marko/Juggernaut

This is a good list.

I think Eliza Dushku could pull off a good Rogue.

Wow, Lex's dad would make a great Magneto. I love Ian McKellan but he was too old for my liking. I always envisioned Magneto as being one of those ridiculously healthy looking 60 year olds. The kind that you think are in their 40's ya know?

Glover always looked like the magneto from the cartoons to me for some reason. Plus hes pretty good at playing bad guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"