Silent Hill

She looked really old in FF, not so much here. Plus she was mainly eye candy

Ultimate Movie-Man said:
FF...havent seen Silent hill yet...not released here in Aus. :(

I was thinking you were talking about "Final Fantasy" for the longest time... it finally hit me... Fantastic Four... oh...

Cybil Bennett is her name.

And the hottest was Rose in her sleepwear in the opening.

I thought when Cybil took off her helmet and jacket for the first time she was total hottness. Though it could have been because she was a total badass just seconds before.

You know, I've been wondering if maybe the ending is a potential set-up for a much-altered translation of Silent Hill 2...

Perhaps the sequel film will start with Christopher getting a mysterious letter from Rose, telling him to meet her in Silent Hill... much like James.

Of course, the ultimate twist regarding James and Mary couldn't be preserved if that was the case.

Either way, it does seem like doing ANY kind of translation of Silent Hill 3 is pretty much impossible with how this one ends,
unless something happens to change Sharon/Alessa's nature in the third one. She seems to end this movie in a very creepy, wacked-out state.

Since Gans wanted to do an adaption of SH2 from the start you'd think it would stay pretty faithfull. But yeah that could be the set up but it would be meh without the twist. And SH3 is basically impossible. Maybe they'll do The room instead:o

The Room would actually make for a kickass stand-alone movie.

Ok I just watched the Movie and thought it was ok. Of course I can't really judge because I didn't play through the first two games. But it maybe could have had a few more scares since even I was able to watch it.

There are only 2 things that bother me. The ending, simply because I don't understand it. And when Cybil
let herself get beat up all of a sudden. She was kicken ass seconds before and then when she shows them that she doesn't have any ammo left she didn't even try to put up a fight.

I don't get the sense that Silent Hill is the revolutionary video game movie everyone claimed it would be. And it seems to be doing moderate business at best.

Nathan said:
Ok I just watched the Movie and thought it was ok. Of course I can't really judge because I didn't play through the first two games. But it maybe could have had a few more scares since even I was able to watch it.

There are only 2 things that bother me. The ending, simply because I don't understand it. And when Cybil
let herself get beat up all of a sudden. She was kicken ass seconds before and then when she shows them that she doesn't have any ammo left she didn't even try to put up a fight.

I think the thing with Cybil is
basically a case where she was beating up on their asses when they were attacking both her AND Rose, but when they all teamed up on just her, she got pummelled.

Bishop2 said:
I think the thing with Cybil is
basically a case where she was beating up on their asses when they were attacking both her AND Rose, but when they all teamed up on just her, she got pummelled.

I'd understand if she simply got pummelled, but the thing is once she revealed that she's out of ammo she simply smiled and stood there. She didn't even raise a arm or anything that would indicate that she was at least trying to defend herself.

It's like she thought, "Oh 3 against 1, ah let's not even bother and get it over with".

Well of course. She didn't have a chance. I mean she could defend herself from them for only so long...they still had weapons.

And even if she managed to beat all 3 of them and get away. She'd probobly be badly injured and...oh is that a siren?

I'd rather just have them kill me quickly then to have to fend them off for a while and get more of the **** beat out of me.

And she was really only attacking them so Rose could get away, she probobly knew that she could only do so much.

More realistic then her just trying to fight all of them off and delay what would eventually happen anyway.

I doubt she thought they would burn her alive:o

Silent Hill, while not amazing, is easilly the best video game movie made yet. One thing that really helps it is that the monster/visual designs are fantastic. It's a credit not only to the those responsible for the monsters, but also to how incredible the design work of Silent Hill is in the first place.

I think that one of the movies saving graces was how well done the visual effects were, how perfectly they replicated the art of the Silent Hill games in terms of "Hell" and the creatures.

The movies weakness though, is the script and the actors. Both could have been improved. Hopefully the movie does well enough that the studio makes a sequel (with probably having 5-10 million shaved off the budget because it's probably only going to do a little bit better than break even :( ).

My sibling saw the movie, she's a Silent Hill fan as I am, but she didn't like it and said it was "the most R-rated movie she's ever seen" yet she had no problem with Sin City or the violence in that. I've come across a few people who have said that the movie was "Too gory and disturbing", but honestly, I find horrible acts of violence much easier to swallow in the context of it being demons and dark gods and extremist religion than I do with something like Sin City. In Sin City, the violence is there without a shred of real justification, and these are 'normal' people, to me that's a lot more objectionable than something that's brought about due to hell and ocultists.

Those Nurses were pretty hot... :O

silenthill2_10.jpg

So Anyway Silent Hill is falling fast...:( I'm not holding my breath about it making 10 million over the next weekend (which would bea 50% drop) I really hope is shows some legs and manages to surpass the production/advertising cost of 50 million so we can get our Silent Hill 2 with James.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=silenthill.htm

Of course DVD sales will help them out a lot... It might be a bit early to judge, but it dropped significantly from friday to sunday and some people are crazy so it seems the movie has bad word of mouth, plus there were like 10 people in the theater when I went to see it on monday for the 10 showing. :(

Hey, just being curious. How exactly did the first game end. And was it also all about fanatics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"