Singer mentioned that this would vaguely tie in with Smallville, how so???

Discussion in 'Superman Returns' started by TheBlueWolf, Mar 16, 2006.

1. SuperDaniel Registered

1-Warned mens that Clark knew if he saved Lana, another person would die.
    So Jonathans death is Clarks fault. Clark was willing to sacrifice a lifesource to save Lana. He is willing to kill. This isn`t Superman or never will be. Thats not what happened in Superman the movie or any incarnation of Superman. Jonathans death was of natural causes in every encarnation. In Superman the movie, Jonathans death triggers Superman sense of responsibility with the world. He feels he wants to do more.

2-Jor-el giving his powers back IN EXCHANGE FOR ANOTHER LIFE SOURCE proves that Jor-el is evil since he is willing to kill someone. In Superman II, Jor-el gives Clarks powers back in exchange for his own life source. THe ultimate sacrfice for the good of mankind.

3- In Smallville, Lana deths is Jor-el`s fault. And although Clarks motives for going back to the past were the same as in Superman the movie(LOVE), the results of his actions wasnt.In Superman the movie, in the end, Lois died of natural causes(not because of Clark having his powers back) and Superman altered the course of history by traveling the speed of light to save Lois because of Love.

Conclusion: Smallville is a ****ty show with poorly-written characters, that does`nt respect Superman as a character and his integrity, ecxept for some rare episodes like Rosetta.

Hopefully Superman Returns will bring back the integrity of Superman in 2 hours since Smallville writers can`t do it every week.

2. KaptainKrypton Registered

You ain't just whistlin' dixie.:up:

3. Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

Singer simply did not want to come out and admit it's a sequel to the 70s movies so he say it would tie in to all the other mediums.

4. Trooper Registered

i dont want to argue with you about smallville, i think it does its job and im satisfied... lol i still cant believe how stupid you are.. ''jor-el is evil''.. right and lex is good...not :)

5. Kane Guest

On Smallville, Lex is a p*ssy.

Spacey win Own him.

6. DOO BEE The Crimson Saint ®

smallville is ok.... just wrong in so many ways... and will never be connected to donner films...... or returns in anyway.... the films can be used as guide lines but thats it! i hate it wen TV and Movie universes collide........ its never happened (that i know of) and there for nothing is bad! ha great

7. The Game Registered

Smallville's Lex does get his ass handed to him on many occasions,but Lex was never meant to be a physical sort of dude

8. Captain Villa Registered

You're on your own

9. Kane Guest

Its not that he gets knocked out in every other episode (which is true) and played like a tool by everybody (also true) but the fact that he switches between 'good' and 'evil' from episode to episode like he has some bi-polar disorder.

10. IKnowSomeJudo Registered

It's a crappy teenage show for MTV-watching losers, who cares if it ties up in an way with SR? Just flush it down the toilet with the rest of kiddy crap shows and bring on the real thing already.
    [​IMG]

11. Kane Guest

12. SolidSnakeMGS Registered

Big question. Which is better? Lois & Clark or Smallville? I think they both suck but that's MHO.

13. Kane Guest

Well it depends if your preference is sitcoms or angsty teen dramas..

14. M.O.Steel Wayne Inc. Tech Support

maybe he's talking about john kent's death...

15. Showtime Your Friend In Time

^That was my theory as well.

16. Milkman95 Movie Extra & Actor

Damn, harsh words against SV. You're lucky the SV mafia isn't here yet..............

17. Scooter Registered

For such ardent hatred of Smallville, you guys sure do talk about it a lot...

18. Superman \S/ Registered

Read the title of the thread. Last time i checked the question does have to do with SV. So ofcourse it's gonna be mentioned.

19. Michael Corleone Don Corleone

Considering the topic of this thread I ask the question.....So?

20. Scooter Registered

Yeah, 'cause it's never talked about in other threads - threads not about Smallville in any way - right? No no, definitely not.

:up:

21. skruloos Registered

Since you're point is quite obviously referring to how people bring up Smallville even in non-Smallville related threads, I think you would have made a bigger point if you hadn't posted in a thread specifically devoted to talking about Smallville's relationship to Superman Returns.

22. Scooter Registered

Probably. Oh well.

23. Superman \S/ Registered

:up:

24. Kane Guest

Who cares if people hate SV. Its expected...this is a Superman forum.

I dissed Lois and Clark also, disliked that series too....but I doubt there will be an L+C mafia rushing in here.

25. Scooter Registered

What is this SV mafia?