Sly Cooper 4 anyone?

Yeah the second game is definitely my favorite out of the three. The characters, the levels and the overall story was just great stuff.

I remember not liking the second as much bc of the free roam. I preferred it more linear. I also didnt like using all the extra characters especially Bentley. Man was his missions a chore.

I personally think the second one is the best of the series. Had a great, mature story with some lighthearted moments, had some interesting characters that shook up the storytelling a bit, introduced the free roam aspect of the series, started the "heist" manner of missions, and had a nice balance between Sly, Bentley, and Murray as playable characters.

Really, it's only fatal flaw was the lack of replayable missions and bonus challenges, something that Sly 3 fixed.

Oh, and a new trophy room mechanic to be introduced in the game:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/s...eudal-japan-with-sly-cooper-and-the-gang.aspx

this is just such an awesome franchise with a mythology all it own. I'm so glad it's coming back.

As a huge Sly Cooper fan who has played all the games fully at least three times each... Omigoshomigoshomigosh! :hrt: This looks awesome! The animations, the music from what little we can hear of it, the costumes, the enemies, the animations, the binocucom, the conversations at the beginning of a mission with the binocucom.

I love it so much. It has that Sly Cooper feel with a little Sanzaru twist. they're staying true to the series but aren't just copy and pasting and actually are adding to it. I am absolutely in love with what I'm seeing. It's so easy to see that they really care about the franchise. Words can not describe the tears of joy I have right now. :woot:

Anyone else read the Binocucom dialogue? It definitely keeps the spirit of the old games.

Bentley: Sly, this place is locked down tighter than... well, tighter than something, that's for sure.

Sly: Your database security? Murray's pants?

Bentley: Whatever Sly, this is no laughing matter. I've checked and there really is no way in except for that front entrance. I think there's only one option.

Sly: The doorbell?

Bentley: Very funny. No! You're going to need a disguise. Get yourself a suit of armor from those guards. That's our way in.

Sly: Roger that. Just call me "Samurai Sly."

Also, I must say the animation is fantastic. It especially shows during the binocucom part. Sanzaru is doing the series justice so far. :D

I'm loving the time travel aspect of the game, so we now know Sly and the gang are in Feudal Japan, home of Rioichi Cooper. Will be interesting to see which other time periods they travel too and I wonder if Sly will run into a Cooper of the past during his adventures?

Bentley's Desk:

t0lp1i.png

One thing that stands out is the lamp on the table. Cooper Clan member Salim al Kupar of Arabia was known to have carried an ancient lamp as part of his equipment, could this mean Arabia is a possible level?

Man that PAX demo was just awesome for a Sly fan like me. Everything just looked great. Even Sly's redesign, which I didn't like at first, is looking fantastic.

C'mon 2012.

I'm loving the time travel aspect of the game, so we now know Sly and the gang are in Feudal Japan, home of Rioichi Cooper. Will be interesting to see which other time periods they travel too and I wonder if Sly will run into a Cooper of the past during his adventures?

In the PAX video I linked, if you pause it when the game goes in debug mode right before activating the costume mission, you see:

Breakout!

*"Collect the armor pieces"
"Enter the prison"
"Meet Rioichi"
"Use the Samurai Armor as a discuise"
"Use the Samurai Armor to block fire"
"Navigate through the prison traps"
"Steal the key"
"Open the gate"
"Cross the bridge"
"Armor tutorial 1"
"Free Rioichi"

are they going to have the expanded cooper gang in this game? because i loved that aspect of the third game, introduction new characters with specific skills for the job, had a great oceans 11 vibe to it.

Last edited:
In the PAX video I linked, if you pause it when the game goes in debug mode right before activating the costume mission, you see:

Breakout!

*"Collect the armor pieces"
"Enter the prison"
"Meet Rioichi"
"Use the Samurai Armor as a discuise"
"Use the Samurai Armor to block fire"
"Navigate through the prison traps"
"Steal the key"
"Open the gate"
"Cross the bridge"
"Armor tutorial 1"
"Free Rioichi"

Must have missed it (watched the video on the IPod lol) but either way this is awesome news. I love the idea of running into the Cooper's of the past and helping them out. Something tells me Sly's going to end up time traveling to a point where he runs into his father. Thus Connor Cooper is revealed!

Would they really have Connor? Throughout the series they always hid his face. It would be interesting if they actually showed his face. His face probably looks about identical to Sly's if Dr M's comments are anything to go by. The thought of finally seeing Connor and possibly learning more about him is actually really exciting. I could see that being the last ancestor they meet.

I need to restart Sly 2. I went into it hunting for trophies. In the first game doing that still resulted in a fun experience but trying to rush Sly 2 makes it a slog. I want to go back and be all proper stealthy n' ****.

Another bit I noticed:

Did anyone take a good look and read the bio of the Dragon's Claw trophy? :cwink:

are they going to have the expanded cooper gang in this game? because i loved that aspect of the third game, introduction new characters with specific skills for the job, had a great oceans 11 vibe to it.

So far we know Dimitri will be back, not sure about Penelope, Panda King and Guru.

Another bit I noticed:

Did anyone take a good look and read the bio of the Dragon's Claw trophy? :cwink:

Hmm...interesting...

Are we to believe Clockwerk is being rebuilt?

So far we know Dimitri will be back, not sure about Penelope, Panda King and Guru.

They did mention that Penelope's relationship would not be forgotten, so maybe she's back. Hope they get a different VA for her, though, if she is.

Hmm...interesting...

Are we to believe Clockwerk is being rebuilt?

Since he disintegrated completely at the end of Sly 2, I doubt he will be revived.

However, that doesn't mean we won't see his origins or anything....

As you proceed through the game each episode you encounter features a new time period with a new playable ancestor.

YES, awesome news! Rioichi looks so cool, great find GSR!

I just watched Gamespot do a live demo of some new footage of Sly 4. I'm sure more footage and images will be released, but here's the run down:

*The new level revealed is Medieval England. The ancestor that Sly will meet is Sir Galleth of the Order of Knights of Cooper. Sly dons an archer costume that allows him to aim his arrows in first person, and then shoot them, allowing the player to manually direct the arrow to a target. These were used in a circus deathtrap level, where Sly activated the targets to go through the deathtrap-infested obstacle course.

*The villain was not revealed, but hinted to be an insane circus owner. He/she captured Sir Galleth and dressed him up in a harlequin costume, locked up in the deathcourse circus. Sly meets up and rescues him at the end of the mission.

*Some Rioichi gameplay was also shown. Steve Blum is voicing him. Rioichi is shown to jump to VERY high heights, and can navigate security systems easily. Also, pickpocketing guards for extra treasure will return as a feature.

*A loose release date of Fall 2012 was confirmed.

EDIT: Footage:

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/on-the-spot/?event=on_the_spot20120301

Last edited:
PSM is featuring the game, and it has new pictures of the cast of characters:

PSM-Bentley1.jpg

PSM-Murray1.jpg

PSM-Carm1.jpg

PSM-Dimitri1.jpg

PSM-Galleth.jpg

As usual, great updates GSR, the game is looking slytastic. So stoked for this.

I'm loving the designs to those characters. I'm really curious to see where they are going to pick up the story after the ending of Sly 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"