SM3 Lizard Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lizard

Didn't eat Billy
Reaction score
I've got to get the scaly ball rolling for the new SM3 forum, so here's where I'll do it.

Harry seems destined to become Green Goblin II in SM3, based on some supposed SM2 spoilers I'm choosing not to look at too closely at this point, but that doesn't mean that there's no way there couldn't be another villain in SM3 as well.

Lizzy seems to win most polls as the prefered villain choice for SM3 (he won the poll on the official Sony SM site as well), so I say BRING HIM ON IN 2007!!

II don't mean to be offensvie or anything, but I never really caught on to why The Lizard is so popular. Could you maybe tell me about some of the cooler Lizard stories so I can understand why he's such a popular villain?

Whilst I do like the Lizard. I also prefer him to Venom. I have never been a huge fan of his. I would like to see him in a Spidey movie, I mean he will look great. I would still like to see some villains before him though. Sandman, Electro and of course Scorpion. I would prefer to see those before the Lizard.

Originally posted by Keyser Kingpin
II don't mean to be offensvie or anything, but I never really caught on to why The Lizard is so popular. Could you maybe tell me about some of the cooler Lizard stories so I can understand why he's such a popular villain?

It's kind of funny you should say that because for the longest time I never really thought Lizzy was that super-popular either, judging by the fact that I seemed to be his only fan for years and years. ;)

He's always a popular villain with younger Spidey fans because he's a monster, and looks a lot like a dinosaur. For adults, particularly those who have an appreciation of the classic Silver-Age Spidey, there are different reasons.

Lizzy was the first Spidey villain who was actually a monster and not just a man in a costume. He was also the first villain who had almost all of Spidey's powers (super-strength, agility, wall-crawling abilities) except for web-shooters of course.

Plus, Lizard was a tragic figure, much like Peter Parker himself. Curt Connors didn't want to become a giant human-hating lizardman, it just happened.

For a list of Lizard appearences, with special attention given to some of the great ones, click on the "Lizard comic cover gallery" link in my sig below.

Originally posted by I SEE SPIDEY
Lizard is lame IMHO.:p

You are certainly entitled to that sadly misguided opinion. :p

No we don't need Lizard for three!

Venom/Electro/Scorpion/Anyone but the Lizard!

:p

We need to stop with the scientists gone bad for awhile at least.

Originally posted by The Lizard
Lizard pwnz Venom. :)

Lizard has nothing on Venom, my little rico sanchez of ignorance.

:p

Lizzy craps bigger than Venom, oh thou great fountain of deluded silliness. :)

Originally posted by The Lizard
Lizzy craps bigger than Venom, oh thou great fountain of deluded silliness. :)

There's probarbly alot of corn in Lizards crap then! Ay curumba!:eek:

:D

Originally posted by venom4life
There's probarbly alot of corn in Lizards crap then! Ay curumba!:eek:

:D

Corn, and bits of Howard Mackie.

Lizard would be cool. I'd also like to see Carnage. Possibly Venom or Scorpion. :spidey: :venom:

carnage?....nah....Venom...of course...no doubt...carnage...nah...lizzy....nah....and if they put him in...and he talks...i'll kill sumone

On a final note

Venom

or how about, should venom and lizard ever be in the same movie? i know there was a book called Lizard Sanction that had both Lizard and Venom in it.

Originally posted by SenatorParker
or how about, should venom and lizard ever be in the same movie? i know there was a book called Lizard Sanction that had both Lizard and Venom in it.

Both of them in a movie? I doubt it.

Two monsterish villains with sharp teeth and most of Spidey's powers? That would be like having Morbius and Man-Wolf in the same movie.

The Lizard will be in SM3.

Look at it from a story prospective.

We want the MJ/Peter story and the Harry story to wrap up in the same film. Both need more development, we have to have a film where Pete and MJ settle with her knowledge he is Spidey before a marriage film, and Harry needs a film where he experiments on himself and begins his march towards transformation.

That means we need another film in between.

Plus look at it from a money stand point. We just had the Goblin in 1, and Doc Ock in 2, and another Goblin in 3? No. :eek:

That makes the rogue gallery look weak, we have to make the public want to see the Goblin again in 4, and that means we have to show Harry building to it.

And then we have the perfect villain to fit right in between...The Lizard.

The hunt to save a friend and succeed where he failed both Norman and Otto. Here The Lizard has a family, a wife a kid, this one is more personal. And he is in maybe a Mastermind predicament at the end (since I think it is clear it won't be in SM2 and I haven't read the book, but if it isn't, recall the 30th Anniversary issue where Spidey fought the Lizard and was under a pile of massive machinery and rubble again as an homage) and he won't fail this time, Billy and Martha are counting on him and MJ. He also would learn through Martha that love is acceptable with MJ.

And then Harry changes at the end.

Lizard is in spider-man 2.Sand man could definitly work but his origin will have to change unless they can deviate his gamma origin from any hulk like villians or confine it strictly to radiation.I think it will look great and get the movie nominated for an oscar.Venom needs to be in constant movement.Flying through the air in a moving suit as though it was adjustin to the air and volocity.It would be like millions of flat slugs and when he lungs it gets just a bit ahead of him.

Originally posted by The Sabretooth
You got the title of this thread wrong.It's supposed to be,''The Lizard will be in SM3.''

Originally posted by DACrowe
The Lizard will be in SM3.

From your keyboards to the divine eyes of Sam Raimi, I hope you're right!

Originally posted by ang_hulk
Lizard is in spider-man 2.

uhhh, do you know something I dont? maybe he will make a suprise cameo at the end, but he is not in the movie. This is Ocks show.

Originally posted by LordSimen
Lizard all the way. It doesn't steal from Harry's spotlight as the "Crazed lunatic" villian, and lets Spidey deal with someone who doesn't mean to hurt people, he just can't control himself. Kinda like a werewolf.
Sounds good to me.

The Lizard could you just check out plot summary number 3 in my "plot summaries" forum or thread and/or whatever you want to call it, to get your opinion on my idea of handelling of the Lizard in the next feature film.

Originally posted by DACrowe
The Lizard could you just check out plot summary number 3 in my "plot summaries" forum or thread and/or whatever you want to call it, to get your opinion on my idea of handling of the Lizard in the next feature film.

Great treatment of Lizzy! I liked the whole "Lizard tries to cure himself" idea, as seen in ASM #365.
Did you decide not to incorporate the idea of Lizzy wanting to turn the human population into reptile-people into that story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"