So are the 3D releases dead now?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episodes IV - VI' started by LegendAssemble, Oct 31, 2012.

1. TheDreamMaster The Night He Came Home...

I wish I could follow this up, but its 2 a.m. and I'm tired lol.

To say the least though, I feel like the focus on VII is well founded, but if the current production staff of the 3D releases weren't going to be working on VII, I don't see why they had to cancel them. I keep getting the idea that disney is now ready for quite literally "The Disney Era" in SW, and while we'll always remember where Star Wars came from, Disney wants them to be remembered for reviving the franchise. That said, Disney will get no credit from me regarding any of the previous films, aside from hopefully keeping the interest for future generations. I have a feeling they used the word postponed because eventually they are gonna want that Big 9-film set in BD-3D.

2. Gianakin_ SW Prequels Defender

Nah, they're merely postponed, so we're just gonna have to wait a 'lil longer. And with Ep7 news to keep as busy, it'll be fine.

3. BenKenobi Registered

Well there was such a huge public demand to see Episode II again *sarcasm*. They really should have just released them all at once or in very close proximity to one another. Instead you just get the feeling Lucas was trying really hard to prove the point people like the prequels.

4. Bowie Registered

This.

5. BenKenobi Registered

Fox could theoretically rerelease the original film, but not Empire or Jedi because Disney has the distribution rights to those now.

6. Highway_to_Hell Registered

Releasing Episode 1 on its own was a mistake. Episode 1,2 and 3 were crap. Ticket sales the original films would have been off the charts.