Sequels So Ms. Marvel and Falcon are definitely in? Oh and what about Ant Man?

cleverusername8

Sidekick
Reaction score
People keep talking about Ms. Marvel as if she is definitely in the movie but I can't find that confirmation anywhere so I was wondering if anyone knew if she has been confirmed to be in Avengers 2?

And as for Falcon we are pretty sure he is in Captain America 2 but people have also been talking about him as if he is confirmed but I can't find that anywhere either.

I'd be fine with either of these characters making appearances (although Ms. Marvel would require a LOT of storytelling that may be a bit much for a team-up movie) but I need to know if it's official so that I'm don't get excited over nothing.

As for Ant Man, I saw the release date announcement and I am unsure about what to make of that. It's coming out after the Avengers 2 (only months after but still after). This means one of two things... Will Ant Man be kept out of Phase II and kept for a possible Phase III involving Ultron? Or will Ant Man be introduced in Avengers 2 THEN given his own movie. I am inclined to think the latter because I have heard many GA members talking about how stupid of a concept Ant Man seems to them and how no one will go to see that movie. I think that Marvel has sort of caught wind of this so they'll put Pym or Lang into Avengers 2 first THEN bring out his solo movie when he'd hopefully have gained some fans. I really hope that this is the case...

But yeah if anyone can provide links to any information on these three characters, it'd be much appreciated :)

At this point, there's no confirmation anywhere about future Avengers. I *believe* Whedon was quoted recently as saying there would definitely be one or two new Avengers, but I don't think he named them. When Mackie was confirmed for Falcon, he seemed to think that Avengers was part of his contract, and he's probably right. As for Ms. Marvel, we had a recent casting rumor for Carol Danvers (Emily Blunt and Ruth Wilson in the running, IIRC), but it's not clear which movie that would be for. *If* that Carol rumor is true, I think it would be more likely for a cameo in one of the Phase II movies than a full-blown Ms. Marvel superheroine role; I think they'll hold off on her "suiting up" until Phase III.

But everything is still guesswork at this point.

It's not clear who besides the original 6 are in. Falcon certainly seems like a strong possibility since they are including him in the new Avengers Assemble show. However I think we can safely assume that The Guardians of the Galaxy will be appearing. It also seems clear that Ant-Man will not be appearing (in any active way) based upon the news that his film will come out after Avengers 2.

So my guess is: Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Star-Lord, Drax the Destroyer, Gamora, Groot, and Rocket Raccoon. This is very unwieldy but it could set up a great double team battle against Thanos. It would certainly up the epicness of the fight.

That's a ton of characters so it's unlikely they'll be adding too much more than that. I suppose Falcon and Ms. Marvel have a chance but beyond that I'd be shocked.

I'm pretty sure Falcon is guaranteed to be in the movie. Marvel's been pushing him lately, what with him being a main member in the new Avengers cartoon & I'm pretty sure he'll be in the main Avengers comic too.

Whedon says he wants to have another girl, so Ms. Marvel seems to be the best choice. Can't really think of anyone else they can do right now besides Wasp; but I don't expect her to pop up due to Ant-Man's delay.

No guarantee that Falcon will be in TA2. Wouldnt be surprised, but its gonna get crowded if every new character is added to the roster.

It's not clear who besides the original 6 are in. Falcon certainly seems like a strong possibility since they are including him in the new Avengers Assemble show. However I think we can safely assume that The Guardians of the Galaxy will be appearing. It also seems clear that Ant-Man will not be appearing (in any active way) based upon the news that his film will come out after Avengers 2.

So my guess is: Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Star-Lord, Drax the Destroyer, Gamora, Groot, and Rocket Raccoon. This is very unwieldy but it could set up a great double team battle against Thanos. It would certainly up the epicness of the fight.

That's a ton of characters so it's unlikely they'll be adding too much more than that. I suppose Falcon and Ms. Marvel have a chance but beyond that I'd be shocked.

The Guardians won't be part of the Avengers. They *might* have a cameo in helping the Avengers fight Thanos, but I don't see them trying to make the GOTG official Avengers, or even honorary ones.

Very happy with these two characters. Not so keen on Emily Blunt as faveourite, I'd see her better fitted to Spider Woman. Elizabeth Banks is my ideal Ms Marvel.

The Guardians won't be part of the Avengers. They *might* have a cameo in helping the Avengers fight Thanos, but I don't see them trying to make the GOTG official Avengers, or even honorary ones.

Yeah, I see no point in that. Depending on the scope of the final conflict with Thanos, it'd be neat to see GotG and Avengers be companion pieces as that storyline comes to an end (hopefully in A3). Granted they would be both about the good guys, but Avengers could be earth based part of the conflict and GotG could be outer space. Probably never going to happen, but it'd be cool!

I'd say Falcon and Ms. Marvel are the most likley candidates, yes.

As I said in the Ant-Man thread, it's unlikley, but Pym could be introduced as Ant-Man in TA2 and then Edgar's film could still be about Scott Lang, with the whole To Steal an Ant-Man story. It gives us Pym and then Wright can make the film he wants to make without fans raging about no Pym.

Yeah I definitely wouldn't say that it's impossible for Ant Man to appear in Avengers 2. It's actually really likely that there will be some kind of cameo or at the least a nod towards Ant Man's existence.

If Falcon really has been confirmed for Cap 2, then it is safe to say that he's in especially because of the inclusion in recent comics and the upcoming TV show like someone said earlier. Then, of course, there is probably the whole racial diversity thing that everyone likes to point out. Sort of like what DC seems to be doing with Cyborg.

Ms. Marvel would require a lot more than 20 minutes on the side in Avengers 2 to introduce her assuming we see her with her powers from the start. Unless if Joss Whedon is planning to retcon Ms. Marvel's origins for the sake of the MCU continuity, the Kree have to be brought in and that's a whole story in itself outside of Thanos. I don't really see Marvel going through the trouble of making a solo movie for her, but on the other side I don't think they should take it lightly. So it'd be tricky to use her as the new female character but again, not impossible.

I'd rather 20 minutes of Ms Marvel than no Ms Marvel at all. As long as we get a follow up film.

Yeah I definitely wouldn't say that it's impossible for Ant Man to appear in Avengers 2. It's actually really likely that there will be some kind of cameo or at the least a nod towards Ant Man's existence.

If Falcon really has been confirmed for Cap 2, then it is safe to say that he's in especially because of the inclusion in recent comics and the upcoming TV show like someone said earlier. Then, of course, there is probably the whole racial diversity thing that everyone likes to point out. Sort of like what DC seems to be doing with Cyborg.

Ms. Marvel would require a lot more than 20 minutes on the side in Avengers 2 to introduce her assuming we see her with her powers from the start. Unless if Joss Whedon is planning to retcon Ms. Marvel's origins for the sake of the MCU continuity, the Kree have to be brought in and that's a whole story in itself outside of Thanos. I don't really see Marvel going through the trouble of making a solo movie for her, but on the other side I don't think they should take it lightly. So it'd be tricky to use her as the new female character but again, not impossible.

Ant-man 2015...won't be in avengers 2

I think he'll either turn up at the end of one of the following movies leading up to A2 to leave us in suspense for after it, or just put him at the end of A2.

Ant-man 2015...won't be in avengers 2

You're missing my point: it's unlikely, but not impossible. The way I see it, one of two things is happening here.

1) Marvel will throw references to Ant Man throughout A2/feature him at the end of the movie in a post credits scene to endorse the movie coming out later that year. OR

2) Marvel will have Ant Man as a member of the team in this movie. Now this could happen in two or so scenarios:

a) Hank Pym is Ant Man and at the end is forced to pass on the mantle to Scott Lang from either injury or personal decision. OR

b) Scott Lang is Ant Man and a member of the team.

I think option 2 is quite possible. Most people in the GA either don't know who Ant Man is or they think his character is a stupid concept. I can't tell you how many friends have told me how dumb the idea of Ant Man sounds and many said that no one would go see it. They could show him as a member of the team and give him a significant role in the plot of Avengers 2 alongside the favorites. This way the GA will see him in action in the way that Marvel wants to portray him in the MCU (hopefully whatever that may be is something good) so they'll be warmed to the idea of the character. Then his movie comes out conveniently at the end of the same year that they saw him in Avengers. So they're more inclined to go see him again if they liked him in A2. This is just what I think could be possible but like people have said it's pretty unlikely at this point :/

I only see Iron Patriot/War Machine and Falcon officially being added to the roster in Avengers 2. Obviously the Guardians will show up but that will be more of a team team-up than any of them actually joining The Avengers (except for perhaps Star Lord as an honorary member). Hank, Janet, and Carol may all be introduced together in the film, which makes sense as I think they all knew each other before becoming super heroes in the comics anyway.

That said, there's always the possibility of them introducing a new Avenger in the film itself, which is what they sort of did with Hawkeye if you don't count that 2 minute cameo he had in Thor. This would be the obvious way to introduce Vision though I don't see that happening this film due to lack of Ant-Man and of course, by association, lack of Ultron. I can see that happening possibly with Captain Marvel (which would set up Ms. Marvel) or Nova, both of whom make sense as this will likely be a highly cosmic movie. I'd say Captain Marvel is more likely than Nova though.

Last edited:
Mmmm I really hope that Carol Danvers is in the Avengers 2 in some degree but yeah War Machine and Falcon will probably be in.

I think that SHIELD might not be so prominent in the film as they were in the first film. i think the TV series will give them alot more exposure and they will probably have a big part to play in the Captain America sequel but as for the Avengers film.

I think the Avengers made it quite clear that they not going to be working under SHIELD anymore. So i think it would free up the story for more Heroes and less SHIELD.. as we already seeing in the solo films

I don't see why War Machine would be in it. He works as an Iron Man supporting character, but the idea in Avengers is to see a bunch of different characters with different abilities.

And I agree about SHIELD, I imagine Fury will have a smaller part and don't really see any reason for Coulson or Hill to be in it

I'm pretty sure Chris Evans has confirmed Anthony Mackie's involvement as Falcon in CA2, and Mackie probably has as well. He would certainly add racial diversity to the Avengers lineup, which people could easily accuse them of being too white at the moment. That was the whole reason Henry Gyrich brought Falcon into the Avengers in the first place to put a visible black person on the team (even though they already had Black Panther, but people wouldn't necessarily know he was black since he was masked all the time). It's a shame they don't have Gyrich in the Marvel Universe.

As for Ms Marvel, well we all know that Whedon likes strong women, and she would certainly fit the bill. However Wasp is also a typical Whedon woman, so I would say those two are the most likely.

I hope to GOD that the rumors are true!! For christ's sake, my username is taken after Carol, she better be in the movie! Even if its just pre-Marveled Carol

Cap 2 will have Falcon I heard and Winter Soldier. and the cartoon which will follow the movie more will also have Falcon on the team of Avengers. Ant Man will happen soon, and that will hopefully lead to him in Avengers 2 or 3 and also meaning Wasp will join the Avengers too in 2 or 3. So that means that soon the roster will be
Avengers 2 (or 3)
Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Falcon
Ant Man
Wasp
and I hope soon they will add Captain Marvel/Carol before the whole space/aliens/cosmic stuff is wrapped up. So that would then mean by movie 3 or 4 the team will have 9-10 members on it. And who is to say by Avengers 3 there wont also be Namor and Black Panther.
So do you think that they can put them all into one film? Will some of the characters not get in, or some of the original have to go to make space?

Cap 2 will have Falcon I heard and Winter Soldier. and the cartoon which will follow the movie more will also have Falcon on the team of Avengers. Ant Man will happen soon, and that will hopefully lead to him in Avengers 2 or 3 and also meaning Wasp will join the Avengers too in 2 or 3. So that means that soon the roster will be
Avengers 2 (or 3)
Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Falcon
Ant Man
Wasp
and I hope soon they will add Captain Marvel/Carol before the whole space/aliens/cosmic stuff is wrapped up. So that would then mean by movie 3 or 4 the team will have 9-10 members on it. And who is to say by Avengers 3 there wont also be Namor and Black Panther.
So do you think that they can put them all into one film? Will some of the characters not get in, or some of the original have to go to make space?

Im Kinda hoping that at the conclusion of Avengers 2, the Avengers ship HULK off into space for what ever reason... as it could be a cool way to set up a Planet Hulk film.

But then again i would love to see a Defenders film, with Hulk, Namor, Dr. Strange and Valkyrie... that could explain Hulks absence in Avengers 3.

so i would have to say yes, some original characters will have to leave to make way for new characters...

Last edited:
I think by the time Avengers 3 comes around some Avengers will either be gone permanently or have much smaller Hawkeye-sized parts. I think it'll tend more and more towards the Expendables team-up style, where you have one or two guys with arcs and story, and a bunch of other guys that basically just get 2-3 cool moments.

I think in Avengers 2, we're going to see Falcon (cuz of the cartoon) and Ms. Marvel, because Whedon will want to add another Woman, and neither Scarlet Witch, She-Hulk or Wasp are available/possible right now - and Ms. Marvel can be introduced very easily with all the SHIELD and aliens flying around.

Carol as Captain Marvel would be great, she would be a female hero on the same power level as Thor and Iron Man and carry the same importance as Captain America.
But I still would hope Wasp would be used because the Ant Man movie coming out soon.

Carol as Captain Marvel would be great, she would be a female hero on the same power level as Thor and Iron Man and carry the same importance as Captain America.
But I still would hope Wasp would be used because the Ant Man movie coming out soon.

Nah, Thor is on a different powerful level than ironman and Carol

Thor>Ironman=Carol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"