Sequels Is Ant Man even going to be in Avengers 2?

Once, during dinner with some fellow comic fans back in college, we were listing our favorite superheroes, I said Antman. The table went quiet and one girl said, "You mean the wife-beater?"

Spent the next five minutes trying to explain everything, but to no success. Sadly, Pym is blacklisted for it, but Spider-Man gets a free pass. Plus, Ultron has done enough damage: one of the recent Avengers titles ( Secret, I think) had Beast being a d*** and reminding Pym of Ultron, and saying he will never allow him to work with ai again.

His criticisms, ironically ended up invalidated when he started eating one of his closest friends.

But, long story short, Pym has an uphill battle in public consciousness.

Wait, Spidey beat up MJ? And Beast was eating people? Huh.

Once, during dinner with some fellow comic fans back in college, we were listing our favorite superheroes, I said Antman. The table went quiet and one girl said, "You mean the wife-beater?"

Spent the next five minutes trying to explain everything, but to no success. Sadly, Pym is blacklisted for it, but Spider-Man gets a free pass. Plus, Ultron has done enough damage: one of the recent Avengers titles ( Secret, I think) had Beast being a d*** and reminding Pym of Ultron, and saying he will never allow him to work with ai again.

His criticisms, ironically ended up invalidated when he started eating one of his closest friends.

True. If people do know Pym at all, it's because of his most famous superpower; the backhand.

I hope they can find a way to release Ant Man's movie before the Avengers 2!

I think that for this reason in part they are going to use Scott Lang's Ant Man and have Pym as a supporting character. Even if the GA doesn't know who Ant Man is, after the movie comes out word will go around fast of how Ant Man was a wife beater in the comics and it could put a damper on things. So by having Scott Lang, they can have an equally interesting story and no stigma attached.

Plus they could add a lot of relatability and heart with the story of how he becomes Ant Man to save his daughter.

Matter of fact, they don't even have to make Pym a hero. He could be just a scientist who has been labeled mad by the scientific community therefore he works in secret on his Pym Particle experiments and keeps Scott Lang around as his janitor like in the cartoon. Then Lang steals Pym's equipment out of desperation and the story unfolds from there.

Then of course the now legendary Nick-Fury-recruits-him-to-the-Aveners-scene mid credits or at the very end of the film.

Marvel doesnt use mid-credit scenes like that. It would be the equivalent of having Fury recruit Hawkeye in the Thor mid-credits scene. No one would care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"