Venom Sony Revives 'Venom' Solo Movie - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is Eddie Brock from London now or what because Tom Hardy wasn't hiding his accent worth a damn.

I really don't know how to feel about this.

Tom Hardy sounded like he was trying to do Brooklyn accent from The Drop but his own accent slipped through a bit. He also sounds a bit like Christopher Walken if he had just been hit in the head with a shovel and was mumbling what happened

Last edited:
You guys really hate anything that doesn't tie into the Avengers movies.

Or cause you know...it just doesn't look good period. I know that seems like a farfetched thought.

It's tough for me because I never fully got behind Venom as a "leading" character. I preferred him as a villain/foil for Spider-man.

They've got the look down, but I don't know if I want to sit and watch 2 hours of that.

You won't have to. Because the runtime likely will be closer to 100 mins :hehe:

Tom Hardy sounded like he was trying to do Brooklyn accent from The Drop but his own accent slipped through a bit

Yeah it sounded like that accent to me too.....I don't know what slipped through but whatever it was the effect was terrible :funny:

I think Hardy said the main reason he said yes to this movie is because his son is a Venom fan. So the dodgy acting is not surprising.

Tom Hardy sounded like he was trying to do Brooklyn accent from The Drop but his own accent slipped through a bit. He also sounds a bit like Christopher Walken if he had just been hit in the head with a shovel and was mumbling what happened

As a native Brooklynite, he failed miserably.

Still love him though.

Wow... the CGI on Venom looks frikkin goofy.

As someone who was onboard for this movie and loved the second trailer...woof this was rough man. I love the way Venom looks, moves and sounds but everything else seems kind of bland and Venom's gumor...WTF were they thinking with that line at the end? Theres still time guys, PLEASE cut out that line. Its horrible. Venom would never say that and it killed the vibe of the scene and the trailer.

I was fine with no Spiderman. All I wanted really was a Venom horror movie and this...looks...not like that.

I pretty much agree, I feel like it'll be much like the Ghost Rider film. Poorly written, poorly filmed, etc. but at least Ghost Rider looks cool. You don't need Spider-man to make a good Venom movie you just have to make a good film. With the same plotline, effects, and actors under different direction and/or studio you could have something awesome. It's all in the execution.

Actually from the 90s era that was kinda his sense of humor.

Pretty much.

You guys really hate anything that doesn't tie into the Avengers movies.

Nope, just the stuff that sucks

The CGI looks really good to me, but everything else feels like a 14 year old wrote this.

I liked the trailer enough. But, not being able to understand what characters were saying at times took it down for me.

Wow... the CGI on Venom looks frikkin goofy.

Yeah. I actually thought it looked better in the first trailer.

Then again, I'm more of a fan of Venom's original appearance in which he's bigger than Spiderman in a muscular sense, but not like The Incredible Hulk Giant sized version as this film is going for.

Other than that, I was fine with everything else.

I love Hardy and I love Venom but this movie looks so by the numbers that I can't get myself excited for anything and count me as one of those that hate the "villain" just being a duplicate of the hero with a slight color change :whatever:

I will still watch it for Hardy but Sony will Sony like someone said they are truly terrible

Guess I'm in the minority of people who's excited for this film. Hopefully it delivers. Huge step up from what we saw in SM3, plus I trust Hardy.

This, Silver & Black, Nightwatch and Morbius could lead into one big ass Sonyverse Maximum Carnage crossover movie.

-__-
One of the greatest crossovers to ever happen on page, need to happen on screen.

Sony studios... thank you for opting to make a lead up to an event most people don't care about.

Guess I'm in the minority of people who's excited for this film. Hopefully it delivers. Huge step up from what we saw in SM3, plus I trust Hardy.

I’m a big Hardy fan (most of the time), but he looks like he’s Tom Hardy-ing this up to 11 in the worst meaning of the word.

I'm still rooting for this movie. I think its important that we can have off kilter, unorthodox cbms like this. But that trailer was essentially a "show 'em the goods" trailer and the goods dont look good.

Why is that garbled horizontal techno line filter applied throughout the entire trailer? So ****ing distracting.

I'll admit this looks better than the first trailer, but if it's not tied to Spidey in the MCU I just don't give a ****.

I'll admit this looks better than the first trailer, but if it's not tied to Spidey in the MCU I just don't give a ****.
There is the tagline "The world has enough superheroes" in the trailer.

Didn't really get me that excited, but I'm still interested to see how this turns out.

Whatever...

One of the greatest crossovers to ever happen on page, need to happen on screen.

Sony studios... thank you for opting to make a lead up to an event most people don't care about.

Let's not give Amy Pascal any ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"