World Spider-Man 3 figures to include Venom, Sandman, MJ and Gwen?

Karea07

Superhero
Reaction score
Looks like the interviews from comic con confirmed that these characters would get some action figures for the latest movie. Not sure whether Topher meant the Venom figure or Brock figure - coule be a transformation fig. Hope Harry Osborn/Goblin gets one too. :up:

I'm glad it wont all be Spideys.

Tobey and Kirsten interview, confirms their figures:
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0607/23/spideypress1.htm

Topher, Thomas and Bryce interview, confirms their figures:
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0607/23/spideypress2.htm

With a company like Hasbro who has experienced INCREDIBLE success with their Star Wars toys, it comes as no surprise that they're willing to expand the action figures beyond what Toy Biz was willing to do for Spider-Man 2, which was a five-series two-character line.

Granted, the first Spider-Man line had four characters in it plus civilian renditions of Spider-Man and Green Goblin, but we all know how well J Jonah Jameson's action figure sold so I can understand why they shied away from that for the second film.

That's great news!

As a collector, I was a bit disappointed in the lack of diversity in the figures made for SM2...i only bought the Doc Ock, JJJ punching bag, and 18 inch multi-poseable figures from the entire line...

Glad to hear there will be a little variety this time.

I actually wouldnt mind 3 " whatever (Star Wars like) action figures for Spidey 3 - if they make a lot of characters.

I actually think that a Star Wars-esque line wouldn't work as well for Spider-Man because his cast is not nearly as huge, plus the main reason for Star Wars figures at the size they're at is to accomodate affordable vehicles, which is something Spider-Man doesn't need.

Plus, I really love the super-posability they put into the toys now. It's particularly fitting for a character like Spider-Man who is the ultimate superhero contortionist. It's harder to do that on a smaller scale.

Cyclops said:
With a company like Hasbro who has experienced INCREDIBLE success with their Star Wars toys, it comes as no surprise that they're willing to expand the action figures beyond what Toy Biz was willing to do for Spider-Man 2, which was a five-series two-character line.

Granted, the first Spider-Man line had four characters in it plus civilian renditions of Spider-Man and Green Goblin, but we all know how well J Jonah Jameson's action figure sold so I can understand why they shied away from that for the second film.
yeah

Cyclops said:
I actually think that a Star Wars-esque line wouldn't work as well for Spider-Man because his cast is not nearly as huge, plus the main reason for Star Wars figures at the size they're at is to accomodate affordable vehicles, which is something Spider-Man doesn't need.
I like the star wars toys

Good for you. That has nothing to do with what I said, but good for you. :up:

The Venom figure should be something hella cool to to see!

^ yeah, I bet we wont get a full on Venom figure though until after two or three series... hope i'm wrong though.

They've been keeping Venom pretty secretive, so it might be some time before we see anything resembling him.

Cyclops said:

They could still do a line like the Star Wars Unleashed toys that are incredibly detailed and emotional but are more for collecting than playing.

You mean statues? Yeah, they can do that too. I wouldn't give a crap, but they can do it if they want.

Cyclops said:
You mean statues? Yeah, they can do that too. I wouldn't give a crap, but they can do it if they want.

I don't think they were statues. I think they had some limited movement but I'm not sure. What I do know is that whenever I saw them, they put other SW toys to shame. Moreover, they were very popular on Ebay. I'm guessing with all the Spidey hardcores out there, Marvel would make some mega $$$ with a similar set.

They are statues. And with Hasbro owning the Marvel license, seeing "Marvel Unleashed" is a distinct possibility. I'm fairly certain they'd do it in a more far-reaching comic-book universe way, but I'd honestly be surprised if we never saw it.

I would also be surprised if Marvel didn't join the Attaktix game they have which already includes Star Wars and Transformers.

Cyclops said:
They are statues. And with Hasbro owning the Marvel license, seeing "Marvel Unleashed" is a distinct possibility..

Really? That's all? I'm surprised SW collectors like them so much with zero posability. Of course, I'd still by a Marvel Unleashed Venom w/ movement or not.:)

Update on my speculations. I just bought some Titanium Series Transformers and that's another thing I would like to see done with Marvel.

That and when you think about it, with the purchase of Marvel, Hasbro has a HUGE portion of the biggest boys' toys licenses on the market. Star Wars, Transformers, GI Joe, and now Marvel. It's massive.

I'd like to see Venom, Sandman and The Goblin plush toys, to go with my Hello Kitty collection. I would like for Venom to look pretty much like a Black Snoopy. I'm a sissy at heart. I gotta have my cute things. o_O

We really could'a done without that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"