Sequels Spider-Man 4 and 5 Shooting At The Same Time?

Um... Hancock? Its the July 4th weekend... even Tranformers did it last year. You open the Wednesday before since a lot of people take several days out prior to the weekend. Its the one time you can have a middle of the week.

Absolutely! I'd LOVE a July 4th opening for Spidey4.

Cant wait to see which studio is stupid enough to try and compete that weekend. :word:

Absolutely! I'd LOVE a July 4th opening for Spidey4.

Cant wait to see which studio is stupid enough to try and compete that weekend. :word:

According to ComingSoon, another M. Night film is due... not an original spec but still directed by him... I feel bad for the guy... the studios just can't cut him a break with these release dates.

Id much rather have a new spidey film than say something like HandCock opening on a 4th of july.

The only May release dates would be memorial day weekend... which belong to Shrek 4 and HP 7 part 2... unless you want it a week or two after IM 2 or Captain America which is ******ed :o...

Chronicles Of Narnia: TVOTDT is also scheudled to come out in May 2010. The week after Iron Man 2 which is a bad idea. So yeah it's way too crowded for a May release. 4th of July weekend would be perfect of SM4.

I hope summer 2010 doesn't get too crowded with big movies like this summer is.

Chronicles Of Narnia: TVOTDT is also scheudled to come out in May 2010. The week after Iron Man 2 which is a bad idea. So yeah it's way too crowded for a May release. 4th of July weekend would be perfect of SM4.

IF voyage of the dawn treader is made, the newest one came in under expectations, and indy 4 is out and making an estimated 150 to 170mill by monday! critics dig indy overall and critcs arent happy w/narnia 2 overAll... i dont think we'll see another narnia

IF voyage of the dawn treader is made, the newest one came in under expectations, and indy 4 is out and making an estimated 150 to 170mill by monday! critics dig indy overall and critcs arent happy w/narnia 2 overAll... i dont think we'll see another narnia

You have to think about Foriegn Gross.

For example, The Golden Compass made 80 Million in the U.S., making it a complete failure. However, it made over 280 Million in foriegn territories, and if New Line hadn't sold off the foriegn rights, they would've been able to make x2 the budget. This is the trend for most fantasy movies, they'll make at least x2 their domestic gross. The fantasy genre tends to do well overseas

The Spiderwick Chronicles- $71.1 million domestic ($88.6 million foreign)

The Golden Compass- $70.1 million domestic ($301.7 million foreign)

Eragon- $75 million domestic ($174.4 million foreign)

The Seeker: The Dark is Rising- $8.7 million domestic ($22.5 million foreign)

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe- $291.7 million domestic ($453 million foreign)

And of course we all know how well the Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings movies did in the foreign market as well.

Yeah I forgot about Narnia... but that's the first week of May... I mean I guess IM is practically a May release as well... May usually has three HUGE films... and you basically got three massive sequels is that slot just like 08 and 07. So 2010 is out as far as May goes... and Spiderman taking on Captain America or even Harry potter in 2011 is a dumb move. I'd still go for the July fourth weekend if they hold back a year. Then again Avengers will probably take that slot... so the only time would probably be late May or early June 2011. That's the safe play but I think the 2010 release would bode well. I still don't think its that crowded as long as we stick to three superhero/comic films... a fourth one would be pushing it though.

Sony should never release a Spidey film on Wednesday again, a Friday release date is more like it, hopefully in 2011 instead of 2010.

Why? SM2 was quite successful on its Wednesday release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"