Sequels Spider-Man 4 and 5 Shooting At The Same Time?

A fourth film, and after the rippin' of SM3, probably not.

However, their focus shouldn't be on whether it'll make the same or less money, it should be on making a great non-generic film.

Do you guys think SM4 will make the same amount as the first three?
for some reason...no
but I do think it'll be better than SM2.
hopefully

I've notice that no one else reported these tidbits of them filming SM4/SM5 back to back, and Vanderbilt handing in a finished script/draft. I knew this wasn't real news!

sorry if already posted = iesb said spidey 4 is out in 2010 officially

^ Well, a while ago it was posted, but we are not really sure if it will come out in 2010 because of the writers strike. Hopefully it does come out in 2010 though.

Omg 2010!?!!? What about iron man? One in may, one in june?

I think 2010 is a safe bet.
they'll have enough time to do this.
mid of 2008, 2009 and mid of 2010 to finish.

Doesn't really tell us anything. But thanks anyway. At least there seems to be some interest in the movie finally.

id hope for raimi/tobey/dunst all to return. If they start recasting peter parker it'll end up like the batman during the 90s where i lost track of who was batman.

I think marvel/sam/avi missed a trick here if they had made spider-man 3 with goblin and sandman only they could have fleshed out the sandman to have more depth.

with movie 4 they could have introduced the black costume/EB jr with lizard as the central villian.

with movie 5 they could have then contracted on the venom character in its entirity with is origin and motivation already established.
the black suit/evil spider-man/bell tower/EB jr/venom story line was a two movie enterprise if ever I heard but they squeeze it into a movie that ALREADY contained two villians.

now they are going to shoot a back to back storyline, I'm struggling to think of a storyline of spidey's that's takes to two movies to tell.

2010 ain't too early... they can lock down the late June release... 6/25/10 or something. We just need a director and casting by the fall and we'll be set. If they want supporting cast members back like Bryce and Simmons they'd be wise to target a similar release date.

2010 is not early at all. They easily can finish it by then. They just need to get moving. Now, IM2 and Thor dominate May to ealry June, but SM2 came out in late June (June 30th to be exact), so the first weekend of July or latest week of June can easily work. SM2 made tons in that weekend, so I don't see the problem.

Another Wednesday release? Might not be a bad idea. Good spacing between Thor as well. I think WB/DC will shove a Supes sequel in there so they'll probably settle for the mid/late July release. Horrible release date but it will probably work just like TDK will work this summer. Then again WB may even pass. I think it's important for these big comic book adaptations to give them 3 1/2 to four weeks in between one another. 2010 could shape to be another huge year.

Iron Man 2 4/30/10
Narnia: Dawn of Treador 5/7/2010
Shrek 4 5/21/2010
Thor 6/4/2010
Toy Story 3 6/18/2010
Spiderman 4 6/30/2010 ???
Superman: Man of Steel 7/16/2010 ???

Another Wednesday release? Might not be a bad idea. Good spacing between Thor as well. I think WB/DC will shove a Supes sequel in there so they'll probably settle for the mid July release. Horrible release date but it will probably work just like TDK will work this summer. Then again WB may even pass. I think it's important for these big comic book adaptations to give them 3 1/2 to four weeks in between one another.

Iron Man 2 4/30/10
Thor 6/4/2010
Spiderman 4 6/30/2010
Superman: Man of Steel 7/23/2010

I actually doubt MOS will get made, but if it does, that schedule would work out fine for everyone. Enough spacing to where each movie doesn't damage the others.

Wednesday in late June worked for SM2, so I think it would serve well for SM4 :up:

Yeah I am skeptical... but WB needs to get another Supes film out there before they lose the rights. It's a shame they'll get second pickings though since SM4 is probably ahead of it. That 6/30/2010 release is ripe for the taking... suitable for a big time comic book adaptation.

Yeah I am skeptical... but WB needs to get another Supes film out there before they lose the rights. It's a shame they'll get second pickings though since SM4 is probably ahead of it. That 6/30/2010 release is ripe for the taking... suitable for a big time comic book adaptation.

Yep. And SM4 to be finally moving along, while MOS is mostly stagnant. They risk losing the rights, and even if they get the movie going, they also risk being the 4th comic movie of the year, by which time people might be less interested in seeing the Superman movie since they saw 3 other comic based movies. IM2 and SM4 would be definate money makers, and Thor being 2nd on the block I think makes that also a successful movie (especially if he has that minor appearance in IM2). Being the 4th guy in the line up after a disappointing SR I think would hurt them.

So what's going to be more tiring to the general public in your opinion if we compare this year and that year?

IM, TIH, Hancock, TDK

or IM2/Thor/SM4/MOS

That's a pretty big difference IMO. Hulk is a rehash... along the lines of an SM4 type film with a new cast. Not that SM4 won't be more anticipated but people may get tired of it by then. Thor is something different but it is still a fantasy genre rehash... but won't really be seen as the typical comic book origin film IMO. Hancock is the comedy/parody so I think those two could compare in that they are both different from what the public is normally accustomed too... IM2 and Supes are direct sequels so if they are good people obviously won't mind or get tired of those franchises (so long as they are VERY good). I think it's comparable but 2010 is still probably more jam packed than 2008 by far.

So what's going to be more tiring to the general public in your opinion if we compare this year and that year?

IM, TIH, Hancock, TDK

or IM2/Thor/SM4/MOS

That's a pretty big difference IMO. Hulk is a rehash... along the lines of an SM4 type film with a new cast. Not that SM4 won't be more anticipated but people may get tired of it by then. Thor is something different but it is still a fantasy genre rehash... but won't really be seen as the typical comic book origin film IMO. Hancock is the comedy/parody so I think those two could compare in that they are both different from what the public is normally accustomed too... IM2 and Supes are direct sequels so if they are good people obviously won't mind or get tired of those franchises (so long as they are VERY good). I think it's comparable but 2010 is still probably more jam packed than 2008 by far.

2008 I think is more jam-packed only because we also have Hellboy II this year. However, TDK is a sequel to a beloved movie (and everyone loves the Bat), and Hancock is a parody, so it is something somewhat new. I think Thor and IM2 will make their money, and people love Spider-Man (though 3 may have disappointed some), so I think SM4 is a safe movie, though maybe not as big as the other 3. MoS is a sequel, but a sequel to a disappointment/mixed reviewed by the populace movie. I think MoS can more easily disappoint.

IF Get Smart does well, Shazam maybe coming in 2010 as well. Someone is going to have to attempt a winter release. It's just too crowded.

I don't know... I am reluctant to include films like Hellboy II and such... then we'd have to clump movies like Blade and Wanted in there as well. I am reluctant to include Hancock as well since it isn't based off anything. I think if Thor strictly stays in the fantasy realm (if people can ignore the Marvel logo after the opening credits) then people will hopefully look beyond it being a comicbook/superhero film but a fantasy film like Narnia (hopefully The Hobbit is a winter release so we won't pack that summer with fantasy films as well). Then we can have just those three major comic book character films like this year.

Another Wednesday release? Might not be a bad idea.
Sony should never release a Spidey film on Wednesday again, a Friday release date is more like it, hopefully in 2011 instead of 2010.

Sony should never release a Spidey film on Wednesday again, a Friday release date is more like it, hopefully in 2011 instead of 2010.

Um... Hancock? Its the July 4th weekend... even Tranformers did it last year. You open the Wednesday before since a lot of people take several days out prior to the weekend. Its the one time you can have a middle of the week release in the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"