Sequels Spider-Man 4 and 5 Shooting At The Same Time?

^
There is no way were gonna get more symbiote or even Goblin villains for villains in SM4,and especially not gonna get them in SM5 if they shoot these movies back to back.

am I the only one in the whole world that wants venom and Green Goblin to return?

am I the only one in the whole world that wants venom and Green Goblin to return?
no.
there are a lot of people who wants Venom back...even thought he died.
he is my favorite villain...but what is done is done. I don't want a lame excuse just to bring him back.

If they can think of a good excuse to bring him back then I really want him back. He was ****ed over in spiderman 3

For better or worse, Venom's time is done. Bringing him back is just gonna make the movies crappier.

Yeah and it'll make Venom crappier than he already is as a character. He got all the screentime he deserved. Now let's move on, shall we?

Don't make me bring up the Cab Driver's Bones. :D

Yeah and it'll make Venom crappier than he already is as a character. He got all the screentime he deserved. Now let's move on, shall we?

Don't make me bring up the Cab Driver's Bones. :D

Not to try and flame here, but I agree. I've been wondering if venom fans who hated Spider man 3 hate it because it did a diservice to Venom, or because it finally showed just how crappy the character is.

I mean no matter how they did his orgin it was going to be overlong and contrived and to have a movie with Venom being the only villain would have bored me to tears. I wished he was more of a threat in the movie, but frankly that is about as menacing as he ever was in the comics. Why else did all the writers have to keep adding things to the character, like his cancer, his "lethal enforcer" bit and so forth to attempt to make him interesting.

Because he was a one hit wonder and should stay that way in the movies as well.

Well, IMO, neither of them should return. I mean, they're both dead and as I've said, I would love for Venom to come back in a Venom spin-off film. Also, I wouldn't be mad at all if Venom returned in this Spidey franchise, hell, I think it would be awesome, but like I said, I just don't think there should be another Symbiote story in these films.

If they can think of a good excuse to bring him back then I really want him back. He was ****ed over in spiderman 3
there aren't good excuses, man. he evaporized.

Not to try and flame here, but I agree. I've been wondering if venom fans who hated Spider man 3 hate it because it did a diservice to Venom, or because it finally showed just how crappy the character is.
it's not because of Venom...it's because of everything.
and they didn't know how to do the symbiote work.

Norman coming back...no. We already made that mistake in the comics, and I'd go as far as to say that it's gone so far past Norman's shell life that he's diluted over the years. The first film was what all of the Spidey flicks should be like, primarily because of Norman. There's no reason to dilute the Goblin in the films, too.

for the love of God, please do not bring back the Green Goblin. we need to see The Lizard. it's about time, after all the foreshadowing.
we also need to see another villain in the mix. i'm a big advocate of Kraven the Hunter. perhaps even bring in Carnage.

Lizard and Carnage > bringing Norman back. I may not be hot about Carnage, but at least those two link into what was set up in Spider-Man 3.

Thinking about it, the cliffhanger for the fourth could be Kraven coming to defeat the Lizard. That'd be a clean link into Spider-Man 5.

Lizard and Carnage > bringing Norman back. I may not be hot about Carnage, but at least those two link into what was set up in Spider-Man 3.

Thinking about it, the cliffhanger for the fourth could be Kraven coming to defeat the Lizard. That'd be a clean link into Spider-Man 5.

great idea;
i know im alone but i still want clones linked into this thing in a big bad desperate way

exactly. they're already connected. Connors will probably study the properties of the symbiote to learn how to grow limbs.
Cletus finds it while escaping from cops. then he wants more later and goes after Connors, who now is Lizard.
we just need Kassidy.

I don't want Carnage, if Carnage is going to be in a film he should be in that supposed Venom film. I want an R rated Carnage not a kid friendly Carnage :(

Why do people keep suggesting Lizard and Carnage as a pair? They do not work together at all.

Yeah right, Carnage (a serial killer) in a soccer mom and children protected Spider-Man movie, that these films have become. Get the hell out of here. The Lion King would be more brutal and graphic than anything you'd see in this flick. You would be disappointed from the word go.

Enough of this symbiote talk. They're not bringing back any villain that has already been seen or killed (this includes the symbiote) we're getting TWO NEW villains that hasn't been used yet. Sony/Marvel's LICENSEES are not gonna want repeat merchandising, people are gonna want to see something new, especially when they're boasting about a new direction.

I don't want Carnage, if Carnage is going to be in a film he should be in that supposed Venom film. I want an R rated Carnage not a kid friendly Carnage :(
As I've said, that's exactly what I think as well.

Why do people keep suggesting Lizard and Carnage as a pair? They do not work together at all.

I agree, it should be older characters, i even think black cat would work well in the mix

I never saw Carnage in a mature rated comic. I could be wrong since I stopped following the comics a while ago. But why all the "Carnage would only work in a rated 'R' movie" talk? I think implied violence can be just and maybe more creepy and scary than an all out gore fest.

Carnage would be done worse than Venom was. And please no more damn goblins.

Yeah right, Carnage (a serial killer) in a soccer mom and children protected Spider-Man movie, that these films have become. Get the hell out of here. The Lion King would be more brutal and graphic than anything you'd see in this flick. You would be disappointed from the word go.

Enough of this symbiote talk. They're not bringing back any villain that has already been seen or killed (this includes the symbiote) we're getting TWO NEW villains that hasn't been used yet. Sony/Marvel's LICENSEES are not gonna want repeat merchandising, people are gonna want to see something new, especially when they're boasting about a new direction.
hey James Vanderbilt...good to have you around this boards...:whatever:
I never saw Carnage in a mature rated comic. I could be wrong since I stopped following the comics a while ago. But why all the "Carnage would only work in a rated 'R' movie" talk?
because, in their minds, the movie is about about Carnage.
they forget that the movie will also have other plots, other characters to explore, other things to show, another villain...

Who said anything about them working in a pair? I don't see any reason to make another lame team-up. They could simply fit in the same film.

Two points. First, aren't you the guy whose wanted a rated R film, like, forever? They could get a different director, which is what Raimi has hinted at wanting for a fresh new take on the material. That means they could push the rating. That'd definitely be something we haven't seen before in the franchise. For two, we already got the New Goblin. If they do the Hobgoblin proper, then that'd be another Goblin. So we have two Goblins with a third possible. But no...symbiotes are redundant.

Or is it just that it involves a symbiote and not the Lizard...?

Two points. First, aren't you the guy whose wanted a rated R film, like, forever? They could get a different director, which is what Raimi has hinted at wanting for a fresh new take on the material. That means they could push the rating. That'd definitely be something we haven't seen before in the franchise.
Damn right I want an R-rating, then I wouldn't mind seeing Carnage on film. Even with a different director, there's still MARVEL/SONY, they will allow none of this in their Disney's Spider-Man film. They're not going to take kindly to a serial killer who kills without the symbiote, and then killing for the fun of killing in larger numbers with the symbiote. Hell, these movies are so watered down, I can't even imagine the words "Serial Killer" coming out of the mouths of any of these characters. This is what happens when you cater your movie towards kids and merchandising, you have to leave most of the mature, complex, dramatic and intensity content out of it.

If Carnage is in it, expect the really, really, really watered down version. Then, what the hell's the use, just a waste of more screentime?
For two, we already got the New Goblin. If they do the Hobgoblin proper, then that'd be another Goblin. So we have two Goblins with a third possible. But no...symbiotes are redundant.

Or is it just that it involves a symbiote and not the Lizard...?
Was that the Goblin, or Harry wearing a half mask, no Goblin suit and with his trusty flying skateboard? This is the reason we didn't see Harry wearing his father's suit and flying his dad's glider, because they wanted the character to look radically different from the Green Goblin (which he shouldn't) that's licensees for you. So, what are they going to do to Carnage, to make him look radically different from Venom, as to not have a repeat villain. I'm sure Carnage fans would love to see Carnage NOT looking like Carnage, yeah, that'll go over well. Plus, the Goblin was an ongoing story arc from SM1 through SM3, and the Goblin story is finished, so no HobGoblin.

Do you really think that they're going to want to repeat the same symbiote drippin' goop covering someone else after SM3, after everyone under the sun ripped the film apart? It would be a huge mistake on their part, let us hope they're not this stupid. It would be best to do something a lot differently, to coinside with the FRESH NEW take.
Carnage would be done worse than Venom was. And please no more damn goblins.
I agree on both accounts. :o

Do you guys think SM4 will make the same amount as the first three?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"