Far From Home Spider-Man: Far From Home General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

Hollands spider-man talks alot, he will acknowledges things out loud being a teenager with no filter like "ok this is weird" as he is hovering in the air or "woah nice metal arm dude" while he is in the middle of a fight... but it does seem like most the time we are laughing at him, not with him. same with hey guys you seen this old movie called [enter popular classic movie name here]?

I have no issue with laughing at him. but i would like abit of balance.

Well that's the problem with this Spider-Man. He is too much a wide-eyed teen who says "Mr Stark, Mr Stark, what should I do?" and not enough wisecracking. Yes, he might talk more, but I don't think Tom Holland has the Spidey humour down either. They could afford to go more towards Andrew Garfield's Spidey wisecracking, without going overboard to the point where it might seem a little mean.
I dunno. Tom in the MCU has been a better wisecracker than Tobey and Andrew. The airport battle in Civil War, the ATM, Ferry and some scenes i might be forgetting in Homecoming.

I think the best / my favorite from HOMECOMING was him fighting (new) Shocker on the ferry -- "You know, the other guy was better with that thing. Honestly, I'm-I'm kind of shocked."
Exactly. That was quintessential Spider-Man. Or when he was in that warehouse, using his abilities to rest on webbing in various ways and speaking to Karen.

Exactly. That was quintessential Spider-Man. Or when he was in that warehouse, using his abilities to rest on webbing in various ways and speaking to Karen.
Oh for SURE! "37 minutes?! We gotta get outta here..." I thought to myself -- man, we never got THIS side of Peter before and it's such a definitive trait. Holland just nailed that. The voice and the youth, etc.

Last edited:
I think Holland has done a good job with the joking and I think the writers have done fairly well with that side of things. In some situations it makes sense for him not to joke: "If you're going to shoot at somebody, shoot at me.", fighting Liz's dad on a plane headed for a city crash (although the "typical homecoming" line was great IMO).

Gotta remember, Spidey doesn't ALWAYS joke in situations where the stakes are super high. What with this being a film series and not a TV show/serial, we see the high stakes situations more frequently. I think they've done a pretty good job.

I think Holland has done a good job with the joking and I think the writers have done fairly well with that side of things. In some situations it makes sense for him not to joke: "If you're going to shoot at somebody, shoot at me.", fighting Liz's dad on a plane headed for a city crash (although the "typical homecoming" line was great IMO).

Gotta remember, Spidey doesn't ALWAYS joke in situations where the stakes are super high. What with this being a film series and not a TV show/serial, we see the high stakes situations more frequently. I think they've done a pretty good job.

He doesn't always, but the question how much does he do it at all?

Spider-man is funny in the films, but would they be described as wisecracks? or just general jokes?

I mean when you compare Tony Starks Squidward crack at the villain in infinity war, Spider-man is far more funny for his out spoken playful naivety and innocence.

Last edited:
Oh for SURE! "37 minutes?! We gotta get outta here..." I thought to myself -- man, we never got THIS side of Peter before and it's such a definitive trait. Holland just nailed that. The voice and the youth, etc.
It's like Spider-Man just jumped off the comic pages and into the film. Perfection.

Well said. I really liked the "typical homecoming" line, too.

Raiden-Laughs-Then-Gets-Serious-In-Mortal-Kombat-Movie-Gif.gif

He doesn't always, but the question how much does he do it at all?

Spider-man is funny in the films, but would they be described as wisecracks? or just general jokes?

I mean when you compare Tony Starks Squidward crack at the villain in infinity war, Spider-man is far more funny for his out spoken playful naivety and innocence.

I think we'll see more of the wisecracks in FFH, especially with Mysterio present to inspire lots of jokes. But overall I really do think they've done good. It's not fair to judge based solely on CW and IW because he's one of the least established characters in those movies; of course the best lines/quips are saved for the characters audiences have come to know and love for the past 10 years. I think as Holland's Spidey moves into the forefront of the MCU post phase-3 we will see him grow into that role and that favor from the scriptwriters.

releasing footage and the overall marketing for this movie when you take Avengers 4 not having even been released, let dropping the first trailer, into consideration is going to be one of the most fascinating developments in film advertising ever.

releasing footage and the overall marketing for this movie when you take Avengers 4 not having even been released, let dropping the first trailer, into consideration is going to be one of the most fascinating developments in film advertising ever.
This.

But they've slowly been breaking the ice and poking the audiences with Holland "leaking the title" via Instagram and the appearance on Kimmel. "Is this movie a prequel because you turned to confetti at the end of Infinity War..." *Holland runs away*. This was done intentionally. Like, "okay guys, we know he died at the end of Infinity War but he's not really dead, c'mon." It's kind of genius hah. Can't wait to see the rest unfold.

I have always said...they(Marvel) are not trying to hide the fact that many of these characters will return.

I hope that FFH does what Homecoming did in regards to the conflicts with the main villain: Spidey is the weaker opponent. He barely survived his first encounter with Vulture, and while you could chalk that one up to his recklessness and inexperience, Vulture still bested him in the subsequent fights.

His opponents tend to have some sort of leg up on him in the comics as well: Goblin and Vulture can fly, Ock is even smarter than Peter and his arms can seriously mess him up if he's not careful, Sandman, Rhino, and Lizard are all physically stronger, Mysterio and Kraven use hallucinogens. I want Marvel to keep emphasizing this as they adapt these villains.

Last edited:
So this is coming from TMZ, but apparently Stan Lee died...
Stan Lee dead at 95

I can't find any other sources. If true, I think that Far From Home would be his last cameo?

Other outlets are reporting it. It looks legit. That sucks :csad:

Man, I'm really sad about this. We lost a legend. :(

I hope Stan Lee has filmed a cameo for FFH. But I hope he's filmed more than just for next year. It would be fitting to see him in a Fantastic Four movie.

Guess he could play uncle ben.

Too soon?

Not when Aunt May is about 50 and he's old enough to be her father.

I hope Stan Lee has filmed a cameo for FFH. But I hope he's filmed more than just for next year. It would be fitting to see him in a Fantastic Four movie.

Not when Aunt May is about 50 and he's old enough to be her father.

They would have to use the magic de-aging CGI to make that work. But especially now, it might be worth doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugoodeww
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"