Far From Home Spider-Man: Far From Home General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

Peter's spider-sense is supposed to trigger whenever anyone is around that could see him changing/unmasking,etc. It doesn't matter if they have actual intentions to threaten or harm him.

(This pretty much applies to the Ned bedroom scene in HC more than here since Fury knows Peter's Spider-Man anyway and he wasn't in costume)

Films are not the comics. We have no explanation of what his spider sense is in the films. It might just be immediate danger.

Initially I didn't think that Peter willingly leaving his suit behind was in-character, but on further thought after what happened in Infinity War, maybe even Peter Parker would take a summer break

And this version isn't exactly the comicbook Peter Parker anyway

Initially I didn't think that Peter willingly leaving his suit behind was in-character, but on further thought after what happened in Infinity War, maybe even Peter Parker would take a summer break

He takes it with him. In the international trailer he's stopped at customs who open his bag and it's inside but they take out a banana and tell him he can't bring it into the country.

Go to about 7:30.

Films are not the comics. We have no explanation of what his spider sense is in the films. It might just be immediate danger.

The spider-sense in the movies work for whatever the plot requires. In IW, his sense went off while in the school bus even though the alien spaceship was far away that he wasn't in immediate danger.

He takes it with him. In the international trailer he's stopped at customs who open his bag and it's inside but they take out a banana and tell him he can't bring it into the country.

Go to about 7:30.

The suit has a post-it note that says "You almost forgot this! <3 May"

Last edited:
I like that Aunt May seems proud of Peter. It's cool to not go the conventional route of tension because he does it.

It would be really funny if they knew each other and were friends in the mcu.

I think they're needed at some point. I think you really screw up the myth of the longer you leave them out. I could maybe see the Osborn's being left until Peter's college years, but at least have JJJ in the sequel. Plus I don't count ASM 2 since it screwed up the Goblin so badly.

I'd still love to see Norman as Iron Patriot and head of HAMMER though. It could be a good way to introduce him sooner and keep him fresh.

It counts. Screwing him up or not, Harry was still a primary antagonist in it. But I agree, college years is when Osborn should be introduced. Which is why the 3rd film in this series should be Peter's Senior year and focus on his graduation. And the Sinister Six.

Yeah agreed the college years is where in this universe will be ideal to introduce them but JJJ needs to be in these movies asap

I would like to see maybe Osborn is introduced once Peter comes to college, but Green Goblin is not the villain. I'd save Green Goblin for 2nd (and maybe 3rd) movie if we assume college is a trilogy that follows the high school trilogy. But make Oscorp involved and introduce Harry. None of that Osborn in an Iron Man suit business. We saw Iron Patriot anyway in IM3. So skip that :o

I'm fine with a snap. I'm NOT fine with the deaths being reversed. If death is meaningless, then these battles really don't matter at all. No matter what happens to the characters we love, even if they die, they will be back. And in the cases where they don't come back, then...well...the death scene was still ruined because as soon as they died I'm already rolling my eyes, assuming that they'll be back. For ME, the list of "this person is dead...no they aren't" is just getting way too long in the MCU.
Except the snap was NEVER meant to be permanent. No one was ever going to believe that half of the heroes had just been instantly vaporized for good. That in no way means there are no lasting ramifications, emotional impact, or the fact that there will still be a high body count by the end of Endgame.

The snap was not permanent in the comic. Why did anyone expect it to be in the movie?

Oh, I totally thought that we'd never see Black Panther or Spider-Man again after Infinity War. I was also shocked when Superman returned after getting beaten to death by Doomsday in the 1990s. Never saw that one coming at all.

I would like to see maybe Osborn is introduced once Peter comes to college, but Green Goblin is not the villain. I'd save Green Goblin for 2nd (and maybe 3rd) movie if we assume college is a trilogy that follows the high school trilogy. But make Oscorp involved and introduce Harry. None of that Osborn in an Iron Man suit business. We saw Iron Patriot anyway in IM3. So skip that :o

Yep for real No need for Osbourne to be in any IM suit and that was done in the awful IM3 so lets not

Not only the whole moment with Peter and May about Ben in spiderman 2 but the there is a hero in all of us speech thing to was always great.
Absolutely. I liked homecoming, but it was missing things and especially stuff like that. Just talking about that scene makes me want to watch Spider-Man 2 again. Still a masterpiece haha

So Spider-Man is typically in NY but then he shows up in DC when Peter happens to be there then he's back in NY after the decathalon and now he's visiting London, Venice and wherever else at the exact time as Peter. Gee! What a coincidence!

That's one thing I'm not too crazy about with this new set of movies. So many people already know Spider-Man's identity. And there will most likely be more added to the list.

Yeah that's the thing. His Spidey sense isn't really ever defined in the movies. Sometimes it's a large scale threat, sometimes it's an incoming attack, sometimes it doesn't go off when you'd think it should.

I like that Aunt May seems proud of Peter. It's cool to not go the conventional route of tension because he does it.

I do like that she's supportive however imo it'd be weird for her not to worry.

Absolutely. I liked homecoming, but it was missing things and especially stuff like that. Just talking about that scene makes me want to watch Spider-Man 2 again. Still a masterpiece haha

It is its the really my username is spiderman 2 lol. Its funny about the spider sense stuff that people are talking about because I think it has always been kind of a story thing just like how his sense didn't go off with Harry attacking him from behind in spiderman 3.

That's one thing I'm not too crazy about with this new set of movies. So many people already know Spider-Man's identity. And there will most likely be more added to the list..

Ned knows, Stark knows, Aunt May, Vulture and I'm sure MJ knows or will find out. It'll be easy to put two and two together. Especially since the Decathalon was only a handful of students. It could be a situation where they know it's a student at Midtown but don't know who. It's just something that's bugged me since even Homecoming. I'm glad Toomes was able to put two and two together and figure it out.

Except the snap was NEVER meant to be permanent. No one was ever going to believe that half of the heroes had just been instantly vaporized for good. That in no way means there are no lasting ramifications, emotional impact, or the fact that there will still be a high body count by the end of Endgame.

I never expected the snap to be permanent...just like when ANY character dies in the comic, I just roll my eyes and assume that they will be back for an anniversary issue in 6 months or so. It still sucks because if death means nothing in these stories, then where is the danger? And death means NOTHING in the MCU. If there IS a high body count in Endgame, then why would I actually trust those scenes enough to actually get emotionally invested? Iron Man could die and my FIRST reaction would be "eh, he'll be back" so even if he never did come back, the moment is still ruined. And it SHOULD be ruined because death has been shown too many times to be a temporary state.

So Spider-Man is typically in NY but then he shows up in DC when Peter happens to be there then he's back in NY after the decathalon and now he's visiting London, Venice and wherever else at the exact time as Peter. Gee! What a coincidence!

Huge problem with this franchise. At this rate it's going to become the "Peter takes off his mask too much" of MCU Spider-Man.

Do we know if any of the other students will be back? Ned, MJ and Flash are, but what about Abe and Michael Barbieri's character?

I liked it, the trailer. Looks like a lot of fun. Seeing Mysterio (pretending to?) being a hero will be a blast.

I never expected the snap to be permanent...just like when ANY character dies in the comic, I just roll my eyes and assume that they will be back for an anniversary issue in 6 months or so. It still sucks because if death means nothing in these stories, then where is the danger? And death means NOTHING in the MCU. If there IS a high body count in Endgame, then why would I actually trust those scenes enough to actually get emotionally invested? Iron Man could die and my FIRST reaction would be "eh, he'll be back" so even if he never did come back, the moment is still ruined. And it SHOULD be ruined because death has been shown too many times to be a temporary state.

There is a difference between taking a death we know is temporary, like the snap, and undoing one that was intended to be permanent, like say Coulson for example. I agree with you that killing a character like say Coulson died and continuously undoing those hurts dramatic stakes. But the snap with Thanos was different. It was intended to be a midpoint in a 2 part story. Let's say Tony dies in Endgame for arguments sake. If they brought Tony back in like 4 years then yes that cheapens his death in Endgame. Because that is because in Endgame his death would have been intended to be the end of his story in this example. However the snap is not the end of a story nor was it intended to be. So this perspective is flawed. It's not necessarily the act of undoing a death that makes death cheap, it's more about what was the story about in a grander sense. The big picture.

There is a difference between taking a death we know is temporary, like the snap, and undoing one that was intended to be permanent, like say Coulson for example. I agree with you that killing a character like say Coulson died and continuously undoing those hurts dramatic stakes. But the snap with Thanos was different. It was intended to be a midpoint in a 2 part story. Let's say Tony dies in Endgame for arguments sake. If they brought Tony back in like 4 years then yes that cheapens his death in Endgame. Because that is because in Endgame his death would have been intended to be the end of his story in this example. However the snap is not the end of a story nor was it intended to be. So this perspective is flawed. It's not necessarily the act of undoing a death that makes death cheap, it's more about what was the story about in a grander sense. The big picture.

In that case, why were people crying when Spider-Man turned to dust? Why were people screaming at the movie screen? I actually have NO CLUE why people were sad or yelling at the screen...because death is temporary and it was just a set-up for the return in the next film...so...the people who actually cared about those deaths are...I don't know.

In that case, why were people crying when Spider-Man turned to dust? Why were people screaming at the movie screen? I actually have NO CLUE why people were sad or yelling at the screen...because death is temporary and it was just a set-up for the return in the next film...so...the people who actually cared about those deaths are...I don't know.

Because they made that moment in the movie dramatically effective. Some may not have been aware it was a 2 part movie, but that doesn't change the fact it IS a 2 part movie. It was conceived, written, filmed, edited, etc. with that intention. I don't care how many people gasped in the movie theater, it's still the midpoint in a 2 part story. This was intended to take the heroes to their lowest moment, so when Thanos is ultimately defeated and the heroes return, people will feel like they want on a grand quest/journey with the characters. What cost his defeat will come at, who knows. But either way. at no point was the intent to keep people dead for shock value when they dusted people forever. It was to keep the audience wanting to come back for Part 2. Mission accomplished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"