Far From Home Spider-Man: Far From Home General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

I've said it before but after seeing the trailer I'll say it again: I think it's so dumb that we're not going to see the dramatic fallout of May discovering he's Spidey on film, and instead already back into the grind with a twist, and another comedic twist- she's dating Happy! Whaaaa?!

I guess big emotional exchanges are too hard for them to do, it's a missed opportunity to just not show any of that especially when the most interesting stuff with that in the comics was the conversation afterwards.

There doesnt need to be much fallout. She will know he has powers and is superhuman. She will know he works with the avengers. She will know he can take care of himself. Yeah, she'll worry like any mother would, but she cant stop him from being spiderman and I think she would realize that quickly and accept it. What's her alternative? A hissy fit and the silent treatment? Disowning him? Do we really need a film of her being angry and pouting when we know shes gonna get over it and accept it? Better to just let that domestic drama happen off screen and move to the part where she's accepted it.

It's not a problem for me because May discovered Peter' secret in a comedic scene.
They are just maintaining the same tone here.
Right but it WOULD be nice to have the same heart to heart they had briefly when Peter was crying about losing the internship (suit), except on the topic of his secret. Which I think we'll get.

I've said it before but after seeing the trailer I'll say it again: I think it's so dumb that we're not going to see the dramatic fallout of May discovering he's Spidey on film, and instead already back into the grind with a twist, and another comedic twist- she's dating Happy! Whaaaa?!

I guess big emotional exchanges are too hard for them to do, it's a missed opportunity to just not show any of that especially when the most interesting stuff with that in the comics was the conversation afterwards.

I wouldn't rule out they won't go there. I hope to see a more emotional heart to heart with Peter and May...and mention Ben by name for goodness sake. He's kind of a big deal here...take a cue from Spider-Verse--it's ok to have deep, emotionally resonant moments in a movie. It really helps to sell the whole Peter is relatable ideal.

It’s a 5 minute conversation.

Aunt May: You can’t do this. You’ll get yourself killed!
Peter: May, I have to. It’s what Uncle Ben would have wanted right? To look out for the little guy?
Aunt May: I don’t approve but I know I can’t stop you. So if you’re going to do this you have to promise me you’re going to call me every minute you’re out in that suit.

The Aunt May in this series isn’t some octogenarian who is clueless.

Imo even at 5 minutes this type of convo is needed. Having some emotional moments like this was missing from Homecoming. Either way, will we get as powerful a moment as when Peter tells May about Ben in Raimi's Spider-Man 2?

I never really felt the struggle or conflict that comes with Peter being Spider-Man in Homecoming.

I hope that music from the trailer is in the film. The orchestral rendition of the 1960s theme was relegated to the Marvel Studios opening logo. The rest of the score was nowhere near as good. I'd like some actual homage or reference to Uncle Ben in this film at least.

I'm fine it we don't see a huge emotional blow-up between Aunt May and Peter over knowing she's Spider-Man.

On a personal level, I always liked the idea that Aunt May knows about Peter being hero and simply accepts it and has pride in him for it. Ultimate Spider-Man (animated) did it that way and it worked. It showed that Aunt May truly is Peter's mother, and a good mother knows her son. This is one of my favorite scenes from the show. For all the complaints it got, I think it had a very good grasp on this relationship. It's refreshing to see Aunt May not lose it over finding this out.

Another reason why resurrecting Aunt May was garbage. They ruined a great ending for that character and her relationship with Peter.

Last edited:
Imo even at 5 minutes this type of convo is needed. Having some emotional moments like this was missing from Homecoming. Either way, will we get as powerful a moment as when Peter tells May about Ben in Raimi's Spider-Man 2?

I never really felt the struggle or conflict that comes with Peter being Spider-Man in Homecoming.

It doesn't have to be huge, but some homage or some sort of lip service to Uncle Ben in the sequel would be nice. I'm fine with Peter seeing Tony as his mentor or father figure, but Uncle Ben was for all intents and purposes his father until he died.

The moment where he's under the rubble in Homecoming would've been the perfect time to have some sort of little flashback or something for Uncle Ben.

I totally forgot that Tony sold Avenger's Tower in Homecoming. Was confused as to why there was construction going on around there. Be cool if they turned that into the Baxter Building or Oscorp.

I'm not sold on the Europe angle. It reminds of me of movies trying to hype up their sequels by putting them in Europe because the new setting is "fresh and different!" National Lampoons European Vacation, Rugrats in Paris lol.
If Far From Home is anything like Rugrats in Paris I'll be pleased. The finale can be Peter trying to stop Happy from marrying May while trying to stop Mysterio :funny:

I've said it before but after seeing the trailer I'll say it again: I think it's so dumb that we're not going to see the dramatic fallout of May discovering he's Spidey

Hmmm....this film take place moments after Endgame. So whatever opportunity that was available, for such an exchange between Pete & his aunt was lost a long time ago. She discovered his secret long before Infinity Wars. Why now, long afterwards, would that still be a thing....you follow what Im saying?

The time between the end of HC-through IW & EG- to FFH, would be meaningless at this point. They couldn't convey that exchange in IW, which obvious was the next film we saw Peter...which again, was long pass the events of HC. So I suspect it never was going to happened.

I totally forgot that Tony sold Avenger's Tower in Homecoming. Was confused as to why there was construction going on around there. Be cool if they turned that into the Baxter Building or Oscorp.

If Far From Home is anything like Rugrats in Paris I'll be pleased. The finale can be Peter trying to stop Happy from marrying May while trying to stop Mysterio :funny:

About the level of emotional depth in Homecoming.

I wouldn't rule out they won't go there. I hope to see a more emotional heart to heart with Peter and May...and mention Ben by name for goodness sake. He's kind of a big deal here...take a cue from Spider-Verse--it's ok to have deep, emotionally resonant moments in a movie. It really helps to sell the whole Peter is relatable ideal.

Unless you’ve seen the movie you can’t say for sure it won’t be addressed just because it’s not in the trailer. If anything an emotional moment like that shouldn’t be in the trailer and seen in context.

Love the new trailer. Mysterio looks perfect. Excited to see if that is indeed Sandman, Hydro-Man and Molten-Man or Elementals or a combination of the two. Michelle "MJ" Johnson still sucks. Don't understand why Betty Brant keeps looking like Gwen Stacy. Loved the "dickwad" diss by Flash.

Overall, a fun trailer but here's hoping Peter will show a little more genius and intellect. I feel the new suits won't be him making them but handed over to him by Stark Industries and S.H.I.E.L.D.

Also, have to wonder how Mac Gargan/Scorpion and Adrian Toomes/Vulture will play into this.

Feige's talked about how that's the one scene from Spider-Man comics he wants to bring to screen. I think we'll see it in some form.

I thought it was a pretty good trailer. Really looking forward to seeing what they do with Mysterio.

I liked Homecoming just fine but its not one of my favorite MCU films so I'm hoping that this is an improvement in certain regards.

There doesnt need to be much fallout. She will know he has powers and is superhuman. She will know he works with the avengers. She will know he can take care of himself. Yeah, she'll worry like any mother would, but she cant stop him from being spiderman and I think she would realize that quickly and accept it. What's her alternative? A hissy fit and the silent treatment? Disowning him? Do we really need a film of her being angry and pouting when we know shes gonna get over it and accept it? Better to just let that domestic drama happen off screen and move to the part where she's accepted it.

Just give us like a flash back of the moment she found out to begging the movie and have them talk where he like explains why he is doing what he is doing type of thing would be a great way to start the movie and could be a way to talk about Uncle ben. If they dont do any thing with her knowing that is like dramatic/emotional that would be a big dissapointments has it was one of the things that happend in HC that I was interested in seeing more of going forward and something new in live action.

I'm a bit iffy on the 'giant monster's gimmick. Whether they have actual substance (a safe bet, I think) or are just light shows, it's just not what I would have pictured a Mysterio illusion to be. I would have liked to have seen something more along the lines of making people think up is down, environmental changes and impersonating Spider-man.

Well I think we will see more illusions just besides toughs. I think that will be him trying to look like a hero and than after spiderman finds out he was trying to look good or what ever and has to stop him that he will use some other illusions.

Is Aunt May working at the FEAST shelter or is it just generic "HOMELESS SUPPORT"?

This spider-man is just not for me.
Pretty much everything rubs me the wrong way and make me say “thats not spider-man”.

I don’t care anymore (not seeing this movie in theatres) since I have spider-man ps4 games right now plus spider-verse was great as well. And i can always rewatch spectacular spiderman for the 1000th time.

I hope everyone else who enjoys this version loves this movie though!

That is to bad to hear I love the ps4 game love insomniac big ratchet and clank fan and into the spider verse was great to but I also loved HC it is my 2nd favorite spiderman movie and the only thing I didn't care for it much was the action was lacking and this looks like it may be fixing the lacking action. Before HC I was in the minority has at that time I felt like most of the MCU was overrated and also I liked amazing spiderman 1-2 unlike most people. But I loved HC and I fell like the MCU has gotten way better over the last 4 years or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"