Far From Home Spider-Man: Far From Home General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

That's a nice sentiment. I highly doubt the writers were thinking of May's plan for dealing with grief when it came to not having her speak of her husband.

There were many opportunities to have her drop just a simple line that wouldn't have robbed the movie of the 'fun' vibe. Like when Peter returns home from the ferry scene and tells May about losing the Stark internship..."Ben would have been so proud of you Peter." Easy peasy. And imo it would have made that moment in the film resonate--a greater emotional impact if you will.

Still not sure why Ben's name hasn't been mentioned.

He's an important part of the mythos...I'd like to see FFH take a moment to truly acknowledge this outside of a brief no name mention/reference.
I agree and God blessed me with this idea:

MAY: Cut it out Peter. I've tried to stay out of your way. I've tried to be a cool Aunt, I didn't wanna stress you out, because I know how Ben's death affected you. Don't think I haven't noticed how much you've changed since he died. Staying out til late, your grades falling, your lies about your bruises and cuts! Now cutting detention and leaving the hotel room in Washington! I'm not an idiot. So you tell me what's going on, or so help me...

PETER: I lost the Stark Internship.

MAY: What?

PETER: I thought I could do more, be more... To do as much as I can.

MAY: What are you talking about? What happened?

PETER: Getting the Stark Internship... I thought I could... Make Ben proud. Honor him. Use my power responsibly. But I messed up.

MAY: Peter, you can't do this to yourself. You're a good kid. But you don't have to carry the weight of the world on your shoulders all the time. Losing Ben... It doesn't mean you have to do everything, be everything. Because you can't. And it's okay to accept that.

There's a pretty detailed 4chan leak out there detailing the events of the movie, supposedly. You guys know, grain of salt and all that, but it's not like these haven't turned out real before.

If it's real, feels like you can expect more of the same everything from Homecoming. For me personally, it doesn't excite me or feel like I'm reading something that says Spider-Man exactly. The most interesting things in it are the Mysterio bits, but at the same time it brings in lots of items to juggle and makes me worry if he'll be done justice if that's truly all they're really doing. Again, grain of salt.

Why hasn't JB Smoove's character been confirmed yet? It's blatantly clear that he's Joe Robertson.

Skimmed through the spoilers. Sounds way better than I expected tbh.

Same for me. I know everyone is a bit different but for me, I have a better experience knowing as little as possible.

Somewhat off topic...I saw that some a-hole posted spoiler clips of the new Avengers movie. Looks like I'll be staying off YouTube for the next week. We just can't have nice things anymore...sometimes I really hate the Internet.

Indeed it has been:

Spider-Man: Far From Home Release Date Moves Up 3 Days

Sony has announced that Far From Home will now hit theaters on Tuesday, July 2, rather than Friday July 5. That gives the MCU adventure a head start on this year's Fourth of July holiday frame, where it's expected to (easily) beat the competition and take the number one spot at the global box office.

Well, at least nobody will be able to say that Disney is hiding this film from critics!

I would imagine that would take place for the "Thursday early showings" yes. Better for us lol
I was worried their wouldn't be the Thursday night showing because of the 4th of July. Gonna be weird going on a Monday night though, haha

So, July 1st opening night?
I don't get why they didn't do that in the first place.

That being said, I'm really annoyed at them announcing movie dates months in advance and then suddenly moving it around at the last second.

D4c9t-BWsAAehmy.jpg

D4c9uH9X4AEjxbI.jpg

I like the still with Spidey and MJ!

I remember the first TASM came out right before July 4th weekend as well and I think that also might have been a Tuesday night release.

I'm staying away from all potential spoilers. Even though I'm not very optimistic, it's in my best interest to know as little as possible if I'm to have a good time

This and Endgame info are both off the table for me until my bum is on the seat in the cinema! :cwink:

What? I'm confused, haha.

Shut up, Mr. Feige. We needed the "First movie of Phase 4" headlines/hype to cross the billion mark :hehe:. There's too much competition in the summer, lol.

Saw this earlier now what movie will start phase 4. Think it start in May 2020

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"