Playstation Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 3

The track from Daredevil season 3 "Agent Nadeem" is very similar to Paesano's Octavius puzzles in this game lol

Did they confirm that what we see in the post credits scene is in fact a symbiote?

Insomniac is clearly going to tell a symbiote story in part 2, possibly tied with a Goblin story. They basically said so in a couple of podcasts already, and that's also why we have no black suit in 1.

Too many gameplay and story possibilities for it to not be used.

Man, I am SO excited for this. Curious, what do you think the Goblin and Venom will look like in the sequel?

I always liked the blue symbiote design from the PS1 game, but I'm sure they'll stick to black. And we know that the Goblin is going to have a tech suit based on what we saw in this game, but do you think he will have a classic look, or will they gear towards the Raimi design?

If they do Venom, we will without a doubt have Spider-Man helm the symbiote prior to that in the game. And I'm sure that's going to be insanely fun.

I'd like to see some of the symbiote's powers used that don't typically get used. The camouflage, in particular. Stealth missions wearing the symbiote suite would be sweet.

Hopefully we'll get some gameplay changes, when he's got the symbiote suit on. That's what I loved about Web of Shadows. The gameplay was so wonderfully brutal when you wore the symbiote suit.

He will likely be a lot stronger, and I like the idea of having stealth while wearing the symbiote costume. I would hope that they also take advantage of the symbiote's weaknesses, such as sonic frequencies/loud noise and fire.

AND I hope we get to play as Venom at some point.

On my second playthrough I was able to obtain all the available base tokens to unlock everything. Not sure exactly what happened the first time but I'm glad that it wasn't a recurring problem. Now, just a few more story missions left and I'll be able to finally finish the game.

I read a report this morning that NG+ should be arriving before the DLC drops on Tuesday. Might be today but we'll see.

Has anyone heard if there will be an option to replay specific story missions?

And with regard to the sequel, as much as I am not a fan of the symbiotes, I have enjoyed most aspects of how Insomniac has handled the elements in this first game that I'm excited to see how they handle the symbiote and hopefully the Goblin, my favorite villain.

6d78ec0c8c8eaf31.png

Well played.

Ahh, NG+ did come today. Awesome!

So, what is everyone gonna do? Start NG+ first or wait to finish the DLC?

I'm gonna try to treat NG+ the way I play post-story. I'll jusr roam around until I'm like 1 block distance from a story marker or activity.

I'm curious if there are rewards for completing it though, so I might rush through first, then go back to plan A as NG++.:funny: It's a toss up, I guess. Excited to play the game with my own Spider-Man playlist on spotify though! I've linked it here before. Thanks to those that followed btw.

Link:
To hear it in-game, link PS4 with Spotify, pause game, turn down music audio, open through Spotify on ps4 or start playlist on smart phone then tap "Devices Available" at the very bottom of playing now screen, choose your PS4 (ex. "PS4-214")

Last edited:
I'm honestly open to the idea of Harry being the first Venom. Hell of an opportunity to make that incredibly emotional.

Mrister j that is odd why does it say pack 2 on the dlc trophies? The DLC that comes out on Tuesday is pack 1 not 2.

Mrister j that is odd why does it say pack 2 on the dlc trophies? The DLC that comes out on Tuesday is pack 1 not 2.
I imagine they just wanted to separate by game modes; one for NG+ and one for the actual DLC.

So how does game plus work? I thought you can replay the main story with all your upgrades but don’t see how.

Go to your save and press square. It will create a separate NG+ save.

After playing post-story and fighting the same random crimes for countless hours waiting for this update & DLC... NG+ feels robust :funny:. Even the puzzles I didn't think I would enjoy the 2nd time, but I appreciate the change of pace even more now. I'm wondering how I'll feel about the MJ & Miles sections this 2nd time around.

Ultimate difficulty is also welcomed. I think I'm a bit overpowered by leveling up past 50 all this time.:ali:

New Game Plus has been designed perfectly. You keep all your suits, gadgets, mods and upgrades, but the towers, backpacks and landmarks have all been reset. Insomniac even modified the story missions to remove the parts where you acquire new gadgets. They really didn't need to do this, but it was a pleasant surprise.

Replaying the story, I still hate this version of Mary Jane. She's nothing like the original. Making her work for the Bugle was a terrible idea, it's way too Lois Lane. Her first mission involves taking photos and sneaking into a backroom. This is much better suited to Peter Parker, as he's already a photographer, and wall crawling could have been implemented into the stealth section. I like the Mary Jane mission at the subway station, but she didn't need to work at the Bugle for this to happen.

I hope in future, the writers are more passionate about the source material.

Some of the research stations are really tedious. My favorites are the 'spider-bot' missions. The bots should have been used more often. Maybe you could send one through a vent and scope out the inside of a demon base.

^ Quite a few of the side quests and challenges are pretty tedious to be fair. A lot of typical busywork with a Spider-Man polish. I hope Insomniac find a way to spice things up in future. Not sure whether to get the DLC yet. I'd like to do more in the world but this first chapter isn't all that exciting, especially the suits. It feels quite a bit like Black Cat was chopped from the main game tbh, with the way the stake-out collectables lead to nothing. Still a great game overall though.

Replaying the story, I still hate this version of Mary Jane. She's nothing like the original. Making her work for the Bugle was a terrible idea, it's way too Lois Lane. Her first mission involves taking photos and sneaking into a backroom. This is much better suited to Peter Parker, as he's already a photographer, and wall crawling could have been implemented into the stealth section. I like the Mary Jane mission at the subway station, but she didn't need to work at the Bugle for this to happen.
I agree about this. She was a great character but she reminded me of Lois Lane from the old Fleischer Superman cartoons. She always sneaked in dangerous situations because she wanted a story and then Superman had to save her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"