Playstation Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 3

The new suits are great. I took some screenshots:

7CIttug.png

x0zf081.png

crlubEX.png

Thanks to the movie I’m playing this again. So glad I saved the dlc til now

So I just finished this. This is probably the best Marvel videogame ever. Well to me, before this, X-Men Legends was the best Marvel game. Even though this game only really had Spider-Man when it comes to combat - the visuals, the story easily topped the 2004 X-Men videogame.
I'm a Marvel guy at heart and its been such a long time since I've played a Marvel game in PlayStation, and playing this was just amazing. Swinging in the city really reminded me back in the 2000s, when I played Spider-Man 3 and Ultimate Spider-Man but this game took it to another level. This game also reminded me of the Batman, mostly because Spider-Man is always speaking through someone in his earpiece and the infared view. But I definitely prefer this a lot more than any of the Arkham games especially this one has a day/night cycle.

The story is easily one of the best that I've experienced in a ps4 game especially compare to Ubisoft games that I've playing over the last several months. I really liked that the game used obscure villains (villains that I didn't really know) such as Mr. Negative, Screwball and Wraith. What I really liked about the Batman Arkham games is it introduced me to more of Batman's rogues gallery. While with Spider-Man, I know at least 15 essential villains and the game didn't go with the obvious choices. I felt like it had someone new to introduce to me and those 3 obscure Spidey villains aren't really obscure villains anymore thanks to this game.

My criticisms to this game; the menu display doesn't look really good, its visually busy and there's something about it that looks mobile game. Spider-Man swims slowly in the water so I didn't really go to the water. There's too many combat moves but I usually just ended using some of them since I couldn't really do them that much since the enemies always flock to me right away. Also, given that its an open world videogame, I wish some of the buildings have some stuff in it, like there wasn't a store where you can buy stuff or view things. I dread the feeling when another Mj or Miles mission was about to start simply because they lacked combat skills and I wish they changed clothes. I wish there were more villains and boss fights especially in the second act. I didn't really like how they crammed Rhino, Electro, Vulture and Scorpion in the prison escape and that they didn't have their own battle except for Scorpion and their own introduction. Like I wish they were as developed as Mr. Negative or Doc Octopus. That would have been awesome. The game was basically only really had Doc Ock and Mr. Sinister as the real threats, with King Pin and Shocker earlier in the game. While Taskmaster can easily be missed if you ignore side quests. Before the final mission, I took a break from the game maybe at least 5 days and thats not exactly a good thing.

I liked the game for what it is, however this isn't my favorite Marvel game simply because its limited to Spider-Man when it comes to combat, and like I said, I wish they spread out the main villains. I think the Batman Arkham games were better at that part. Because really, 95% of the time, I was fighting with faceless goons. So I kinda got tired of facing the same enemies again and again. While I enjoyed switching to many costumes, some of the costumes were useless and the game isn't that long that using 30+ costumes isn't really ideal. Now an Avengers or X-Men or even F4 game, in ps4, that would be a lot more exciting.

Also, I wish the map is bigger, because swinging to 9 districts was getting repetitive. I wish I could have went to the statue of Liberty in the other half of the game and other parts of New York like Brooklyn. Like I just finished Assassin's Creed Odyssey before this, and while Spider-Man has the better story and more interesting characters. The open worldness of Odyssey was much better than this.

Anyway, I wish the next Spider-Man would be out sooner and not in the next 3 to 6 years. I want to see Mysterio, Sandman, Lizard, Venom, Green Goblin and Wraith as the bosses, and I guess some unexpected ones like Hydro Man, Moltenman or someone that I'm not really familiar with.

Over all, I got 100% in the main game and there are two trophies left before I get the platinum trophy but I'm not really in the mood to use mine trips now.

Last edited:
The new suits are great. I took some screenshots:

7CIttug.png

x0zf081.png

crlubEX.png
I'm a bit late but I got a lets play show case from Victor Lucas of EPN.tv ( the electric play Ground ) on this same thing it came out the same week you posted this I think.

hqdefault.jpg

Spider-Man (Far From Home costumes) - Let's Play - Electric Playground

1.2K views 1 week ago Published on 07/04/2019
#Spiderman #Marvel #game Official EPN Merch is available at EPN.tv/Merch

Victor Lucas jumps back into Insomniac's Spider-Man to try out the new costumes based

source: The Electric Playground Network | EPN

Amazing. Given that it is a mono-platform game. Spectacular, given that it's a single player experience sans online. The ultimate wall crawling game.

It’s interesting making a quality game resulted in great sales. Maybe marvel should do that more often? Might be too crazy to work though idk

I play almost exclusively single player games anymore. For well over a decade, nearly fifteen years, I played World of Warcraft but I just hit a point where it was not worth it and it is a massive timesink.

That said, I have put a lot of hours into Spider-Man here and finished it 100% and working through the DLC, 66% of the second chapter and then onto the third. It's one of the few games I just keep going on and trying to get everything done.

The inevitable sequel has a lot to live up to but I think they can do it. Even if it is identical gameplay to this it would be worth it.

I play almost exclusively single player games anymore. For well over a decade, nearly fifteen years, I played World of Warcraft but I just hit a point where it was not worth it and it is a massive timesink.

That said, I have put a lot of hours into Spider-Man here and finished it 100% and working through the DLC, 66% of the second chapter and then onto the third. It's one of the few games I just keep going on and trying to get everything done.

The inevitable sequel has a lot to live up to but I think they can do it. Even if it is identical gameplay to this it would be worth it.

I used to play Gears a LOT on Xbox Live. Still love it. The problem for me was that, I'd get into it, and I had a crew of people I would play with. They would lose interest after a month, sell/trade their games, and move onto the next 60 dollar game and keep on going. I don't have the budget for that. I have a few games I enjoy playing, and I play them until I destroy everything. I only get into a handful of games/franchises, and my friends just threw all their money into whatever "it" game was out. Now I've gotten rid of 99% of those friends, and I just play games I enjoy. I find it much more rewarding playing an awesome single-player game, or playing Left 4 Dead 2 or Gears of War for the 100th time with random people than I do dumping money I don't have into games I probably won't care about.

I suppose it's part or growing up...except for that whole "getting rid of the video games" thing.

Yeah, I have almost every single game I ever owned going back to the NES.

I have gotten all but two achievements done now which are the Ultimate run and Game+ which are seperate from the main achievements list anyways so I'm combining the two. It's nice they let you keep all your accumulated gadgets and level.

Already 100% all three of the DLC stories.

2 days ago
MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN: Check Out This Phenomenal 1:3 Scale Statue From PCS Collectibles
PCS Collectibles has recently revealed a phenomenal 1:3 scale statue of Spider-Man's Advanced Suit from Insomniac Games' critically acclaimed Marvel's Spider-Man.Read more

| 10/17/2019
Filed Under: "Spider-Man" Source: Bill Rosemann
MARVELSPIDERMANBanner-October17.png

PCS Collectibles has recently revealed a phenomenal statue based on Insomniac Games and Sony Interactive Entertainment's critically acclaimed Marvel's Spider-Man, which no fan of neither the iconic Marvel character or the PlayStation 4 title should sleep on.

The Marvel's Spider-Man 1:3 scale statue of the Advanced Suit — the original suit designed by Insomniac Games for the game — is 24" tall features the web slinger in a dynamic web-spinning pose, as well as one of the Demons' masks and Martin Li's negative energy sorounding it.

PCS Collectibles has also announced that pre-orders for the Spider-Man Advanced Suit 1:3 Scale Statue have just begun today, on Thursday the 17th of October, and that both the Exclusive and Collector's Edition of the figure will be priced at $1,000.00 USD.

While some may find this Spider-Man statue a bit pricey, the level of detail is simply outstanding and well worth the money it costs. If you're a fan of Marvel's Spider-Man and want to own this statue, be sure to check out Sideshow's official website and pre-order your figure today.

905019_press01.jpg

905019_press18.jpg

905019_press16.jpg

905019_press14.jpg

905019_press17.jpg

905019_press24.jpg
source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

They will definitely do miles morales in the next one. Dont know what they will do with pete tho...

They will definitely do miles morales in the next one. Dont know what they will do with pete tho...
If they rework Miles' characterization so that he isn't such a spaz constantly, a game starring him and Peter could be pretty dope. I'm imagining some cool double team combat. Of course you can play solo with both, and switch between them at your convenience.

In terms of "human stealth", I was hoping for Yuri instead of MJ, but I guess that ship has sailed. Unless we get to play some anti-hero/villain missions with her, which I'm not sure Insomniac has the guts to do. Or if they're allowed to in an all-ages Spider-man game

If Miles is going to be a full time playable character, I can see them adding a third Spidey (Spider-Gwen) that would be a full time playable in the third game.

I don't really like legacy characters, but I definitely would prefer to play Spider-clones instead of Mj/Miles again who had no combat skills in the first game.

I like the idea of Spider-Gwen being added although I'm not sure how they will play that angle. We still don't know how Miles got his powers exactly.

I forgot that and I even played through it twice. :o

I have a feeling since Sony now owns Insomniac, they would push Spider-Gwen to be in a game simply because of the upcoming movie? Or maybe not.

Cancelled Spider-Man 4 game Wii gameplay:

Looks fun. Screenshots of the 360/PS3 versions appeared online not long ago too. I'm still sad that the movie got cancelled.

Rumor that the sequel will be a 2021 holiday game. I could see that would be around 3 years after the first game.

I'd be surprised if it comes out in 21'. 22' I think is the earliest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"