Playstation Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 3

For me when it comes to this game and the arkham games i would put Knight, city and origins all above spiderman but i would put spiderman above aslyum. I love all of them though.

Finally getting around to playing this game. I find this much harder than an Arkham game so far. I think I am just under or close to halfway through the main story. This feels like an upgraded version of the classic PS2 Spider-Man 2 game. All kinds of awesome!

Sad it to this long to finally get some time to play it, but for me it's hard to get the time to play a video game. At least longer ones. But wanted to get time into this game before the little one comes and eats up even more of my time lol.

Finally getting around to playing this game. I find this much harder than an Arkham game so far. I think I am just under or close to halfway through the main story. This feels like an upgraded version of the classic PS2 Spider-Man 2 game. All kinds of awesome!

Sad it to this long to finally get some time to play it, but for me it's hard to get the time to play a video game. At least longer ones. But wanted to get time into this game before the little one comes and eats up even more of my time lol.
Aside from the brutes, this game is a pice of creamy cake compared to an Arkham game on first go.

Yeah, I got sick of the boss fights after a while. But I have played that game through many times.
Repetition of titans is one of the reasons I was not a fan of that game originally. I grew to love it eventually, but still think it's overrated.

Yeah, I got sick of the boss fights after a while. But I have played that game through many times.

The boss fights in the arkham games i would say is the worst part of the arkham games. Its not that the boss fights are bad its just the boss fights are like the only thing that is not great.

• Holiday 2021 release date, probably September like PS4 Spiderman was.
  • Reveal this Summer.
  • No online co op. Completely single player.
  • Queens and Brooklyn. Will feature new gameplay mechanics to facilitate the low building traversal.
  • Set during Winter. Set approx 5-6 months after the first game. Peter is still mourning Aunt May and constantly reminds himself of what happened. MJ and him live together but she is away for the entire first act of the story.
  • Oscorp is attempting to Clone certain DNA to build a super soldier. Goes wrong. New villains spawn from this.
  • Harry Osborn will become Venom but it's a unique take on the character my source said.
  • Carnage and Mysterio are in the game.
  • Eddie Brock is in the game and a major character.
  • Miles is playable in sections of the game. They're still unsure wheather to let the player free roam as him but it isn't being thrown out completely just yet.
  • Think of Arkham Knight's system where you could switch to the other Bat family characters in certain situations. Same thing here. Not very original but it is fun.
  • A new "Web-Chain" mechanic is how my contact named it. You can basically chain together web "zips" so when you reach a point, he immediately zips to the next and so on.
  • Web swinging overhauled. They've gone all out on the animation tech this time, so we won't see the same animation as much, more variety, not only are they bringing the animations from PS4 over for the swing releases, they're adding MANY MANY MANY more. They have like 2 animators devoted completely and solely to the web release animations throughout the entire development cycle.
  • There will be three swing modes. Realistic, Arcade and Hybrid. (Naming still not final). Realistic is very Spider-Man 2-esque in that it's just pure physics. Arcade is a little "fake" assistance. and hybrid is a merge of the two, basically PS4's swinging.

If the web swinging overhaul stuff is true, that sounds really interesting. I like the idea of having different playing styles. Definitely a player friendly option.

Also a winter set Spidey game :hmr:

I never trust anything from reddit unless it is a directly verifiable source in which case it is also probably posted somewhere more credible too.

Dunno how credible that is, but the whole 'Harry as Venom' tease from the first game is one of those things that really annoyed me and had me worried they'll mess up the sequel badly. At least it's not as bad as TASM2 with making Harry the first Goblin and him killing Gwen.

Dunno how credible that is, but the whole 'Harry as Venom' tease from the first game is one of those things that really annoyed me and had me worried they'll mess up the sequel badly. At least it's not as bad as TASM2 with making Harry the first Goblin and him killing Gwen.
...and make Norman die off screen after appearing for only a couple of minutes in that universe.

But I do think it's as bad if not worse to mess up with probably the two most iconic Spider-Man villains by merging them. But let's see how they execute that and if it does happen. The story of the game seems to have so much potential. Hopefully we'll se great things again.

That they mention Brock appearing gives me hope they could build towards him becoming the real Venom (if true). While I thought the Sinister Six as a whole were quite weak, I did appreciate the strong build up they put in for Dock Ock. It would be great to see Eddie get significant time to build his character before he became Venom.

Replaying the game now and having a blast. Probably my favourite game this gen. I've swung around aimlessly for countless hours. That said, there's a few things I think need to be improved for the sequel:

Web-swinging: It's fantastic, near-perfect, but I want to see the 2-trigger swing mechanics brought back. It makes things a little more immersive. The back-bone of any Spider-Man game, it can get deeper and more satisfying.

Combat: Like above, I really enjoy it. I do find I slump really easily into patterns though. A few attacks just work reliably and I get a bit sick of seeing them. More animations, more combos, more integration with web-gadgets.

Other playable characters: I like MJ a lot in this, the switch to reporter keeps her active and useful in the plot. This does not make her fun to play however. Miles fares no better. I quite like the perspective shift, but the novelty wears thin real fast with such paper-thin stealth segments. If Miles is playable next time he's sure to be much more interesting. As for MJ, if she has nothing better to do than sneak about and read stuff, hearing it in a line of dialogue will suffice.

Side-missions: These are mostly pretty weak in all honesty. Basic collectable hunts and challenges with a special guest radio host. This ought to be a lot more varied and imaginative, making use of Spidey's huge roster of characters. Some more involved 'cases' would be greatly appreciated, as Parker's life should always be packed and chaotic.

Random-crimes: A smaller element of the game, but one of the first essential details you spot in a game like this. I would love to see Insomniac delve more deeply into procedural generation and bring more life to the NY streets, with shifting tides of rival gangs fighting for turf across the city. Think nemesis system in Shadow of Mordor, but with low-level Spidey villains in place of orcs. You already take out strongholds in the game, how about giving them more impact in the game world.

DLC: This is an odd one, but if there must be paid dlc next time around, I hope it is better integrated into the game. 3 separate game worlds for 3 fairly short chapters of additional content is really lame. It requires a bunch of loading in-and-out of the same place, and only serves to hightlight how sparse the offerings are. I was really hoping that devs would patch in a "Play All" for the dlc so it felt a little more complete. Honestly, I think it would play better as side-quests in the main story anyway, barring a few things that would have to be end-game for continuity.

After this game, I trust whatever they do

Holiday 2021? That's a year sooner than I expected. I hope the part about Harry becoming Venom is true. That has the potential to be a great story, very emotional. I'll trust them with that idea, if true. I also want a side story quest with Daredevil!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"