The Amazing Spider-Man Spider-Man Reboot Costume, OMG The Shoes Are SILVER! - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the shoes... I think.
PHAqcMeYkHl0DH_1_m.jpg

God those are gay. This is Spider-Man, not some NBA player. Seriously, what is he trying out for the local track team? While the casting hasn't been bad for this movie, if that suit doesn't impress me in a trailer or the movie itself, like it isn't right now, then they better change it back to the old suit in the sequel because I won't be the only fanboy going :doh::facepalm::confused::mad::down all in a row.

God those are gay. This is Spider-Man, not some NBA player. Seriously, what is he trying out for the local track team? While the casting hasn't been bad for this movie, if that suit doesn't impress me in a trailer or the movie itself, like it isn't right now, then they better change it back to the old suit in the sequel because I won't be the only fanboy going :doh::facepalm::confused::mad::down all in a row.
Are you saying Spidey isn't teaming up with Micheal Jordon in this?

Honestly, if they sell it well enough, I don't care. I've never been against deviations from the comic, be it aesthetic or narrative based, as long as the character FEELS true and it overall works.

Well to me,it looks like he's got a pair of old trainers,and integrated them with his suit. Makes 'realistic' sense,I guess.

Honestly, if they sell it well enough, I don't care. I've never been against deviations from the comic, be it aesthetic or narrative based, as long as the character FEELS true and it overall works.

Well, it's exactly because of this flagrant impossibility, i.e., to make it "aesthetic or narrative based, as long as the character FEELS true and it overall works" that people are complaining.

It's merely contrived, and to create a new line of products and to establish a superficial difference in relation to the Raimi's movies.

It's ugly, it's annoying, and it has no good reason to be so. It's bad, Wolviebuddy, really bad.

But yet at the end of the day it's just shoes...shoes that we've discussed for months now...
:dry:

Well, it's exactly because of this flagrant impossibility, i.e., to make it "aesthetic or narrative based, as long as the character FEELS true and it overall works" that people are complaining.

It's merely contrived, and to create a new line of products and to establish a superficial difference in relation to the Raimi's movies.

It's ugly, it's annoying, and it has no good reason to be so. It's bad, Wolviebuddy, really bad.

I have to agree with the bold. The silver is freakin stupid.

But yet at the end of the day it's just shoes...shoes that we've discussed for months now...
:dry:

Yeah, I wish we would change the subject...despite the fact I continued it above...

That last line made me l:awesome:aug:woot:h

I could stand some serious changes but if at least they had some good reason to be there. As you say, this is just screwing the suit up for the sake of it.

I could stand some serious changes but if at least they had some good reason to be there. As you say, this is just screwing the suit up for the sake of it.

I look at this suit as being a highly stylized version of Spider-Man's suit. Just like in the comics, different artist have different interpretations of Spidey, the same goes with film. In all honesty, this version of Spider-Man still has all the key features that make him identifiable, the little tweaks made here and there are not taking anything away from the character altogether.

That's the only complaint I have of the changes. And to be honest, I don't think they're that bad. And if the movie is good, my gripes will matter even less.

But I do feel that, if they wanted to change the suit simply for the sake of change (and to reinforce that, yes, this IS different from the Raimi films) why not go with an already established design?

Ben Reily/Spider-girl's design is an outfit that retains the classic Spider-man look, and happens to be a design that most fans like. This suit actually has a bit of that vibe going on, but with a few random additions that are just kind of odd. Why not just make it the Ben design? I wouldn't have minded that at all.

Honestly, I am over the shoes issue. There could be far worse things going on. Has anyone seen "Evening with Kevin Smith"? If so, there is a part where he talks about Jon Peter's rendition of Superman? All black suit, no cape, no flying. Those kinds of changes ruin the traditional aesthetic. The silver shoes (which may or may not be for stunt work only) are comparably no where near as terrible. Heck, remember Bat nipples? Or the Bat credit card? Silver shoes won't make or break the costume. To be fair though, people are entitled to their opinion, but you may miss the forest for the trees if you allow the shoes to ruin your entire outlook on this film project.

Mercurius said:

But who cares if the movie is good? You could make that judgement of a movie like TDK before actually seeing it, with the difference in portrayal of Joker and the costume and the Batmobile. As far as judging how 'true' in heart and spirit to the comic the film actually is, we have to actually see the movie first. And if it accomplishes that, I'll be thrilled. If Spidey is every bit the smart, switched on, smack talking and funny character i've loved for years (and who was absent from the Raimi movies) then i'd take not only silver shoes but a Silver V shaped space suit.

But who cares if the movie is good? You could make that judgement of a movie like TDK before actually seeing it, with the difference in portrayal of Joker and the costume and the Batmobile. As far as judging how 'true' in heart and spirit to the comic the film actually is, we have to actually see the movie first. And if it accomplishes that, I'll be thrilled. If Spidey is every bit the smart, switched on, smack talking and funny character i've loved for years (and who was absent from the Raimi movies) then i'd take not only silver shoes but a Silver V shaped space suit.
This is true, not only for The Dark Knight, but for Thor and Captain America, as well. Dark Knight with its suit being 95% changed from his classic blue/gray is now the comic book movie to beat, not Spider-Man or Fantastic Four--both donning very close to the original costumes.

lol all this talk about his boots is hilarious. I can only imagine the camera panning Spider-Man from his boots up and people booing when they see them.

I can imagine the opening action scene for the film just being from the shoes' point of view.

Unless this entire film is focused entirely on his shoes, close up, slo-mo HD and filmed with an Imax camera...

I could honestly care less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"