The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man: Box Office Thread - Part 3

no i didn't, the whole argument originated in the context of comparing TDKR and TA to AMS, X2 made more than X-Men also. I am well aware, I'm just saying that you can't say that the TDKR and TA were definately going to make more money than AMS because they were sequels.

ahh , ok sorry if i misunderstood that

Placing Superman I and II and Iron Man in the 'B' list is atrocious.
Though that not my argument I would like to say its correct
Superman 1 and 2 released way back,kids nowadays mostly havent watched it.
Since we are talking about popularity,its a correct list

And yet you still find it hard to believe that TAS-M was mentioned by many on what could be a three-way race this summer with CBMs. Or you weren't reading the right posts.
By Whom?
CB Fans ofcourse
If we take the general audience into consideration,TASM's hype wasnt even comparable to the amount of hype TDKR and TA had and since the GA bring in the money..it showed

As I said, NOW it's viewed as that. But even with bad marketing and what have you, a lot of fans were still excited for a reboot that only felt like a remake instead.
Now?
It was always like that mate
The Reboot/Remake argument is also correct though

Multiple successful movies? Iron Man 1 and 2 and The Dark Knight. That was it really. That doesn't automatically justify on TA and TDKR being successful.
I count anything above 70%RT being successful
Marvel did ridiculously well selling characters who no one cared about

The Avengers could've been a mess and The Dark Knight Rises could've been delivered that fatal blow that many third CBMs face.
Agreed,And they get the credit for being good.
However,no one can disagree that their job of earning the big bucks was easier due to being part of an already established movie-series unlike TASM

Would've still been more successful than what it's made so far though.
And still behind both TDKR and TA
My point being,even if it was a really good origin movie like IM,it would have never beaten TDKR and TA,No chance at all

All of those predictions were made BEFORE the shooting.
And what effect did the shooting have on the Box office
A loss of maybe 20M...50M at the most
Still doesnt justify not beating TDK
SM3 despite being terrible beat SM2 and IM2 beat IM1 aswell

It couldn't try to match TA's numbers when it had the same budget as TA? If you're making it seem like such a big deal with a film having a lesser budget than another making more money...why can't we assume that TAS-M should've made close to the same amount as well?
I made my point already,Because it isnt a sequel
I will readily compare TASM2 with say TDK but comparing TASM is not fair
As I said,compare it with BB,IM and the likes

Doesn't seem like it.
Just show me where the disscussion was about hype and critical reception before the post I quoted

The success of any previous films shouldn't matter at all. If we go by the previous films of Captain America: The First Avenger and Thor, it would seem that The Avengers wouldn't have even touched $1.5 billion, but yet it did.
As I said,it outdid itself
I never expected it to cross a billion

And...TDKR didn't underperform when it reached a billion without being re-released as in TDK's case :doh:
It should have earned way more,no excuse

So the minority of idiots saw Bayformers countless of times. You sure showed me.
What?
If you mean they earned the money through multiple viewing then I must say every franchise has that kind of fans,You must know since you have watched TDKR..like what..6 times?

You seem to think the population is filled with morons who want to watch CGI and explosions and not almost three hours of a thinking man's story.
If thats not the case then how **** things like Transformers gross a billion multiple times?

They didn't care for the first of its kind -- a reboot.
Now we've seen countless of reboots that started with that little old film from 2005 that's loved even more considering it created one of the greatest trilogies ever made.
Yeah every reboot owns its success to BB now which earned very little to start with

Taking into account of the shooting and no 3D, TDKR definitely missed its shot of reaching TA's numbers, but to say TA payed off more...no it didn't, because it didn't have a tragedy happen during its midnight showing and used a gimmick to make up for a chunk, even if small, part of its gross. That's not saying TA destroyed TDKR at all. BEFORE the shooting, predictions were made that TDKR could have very well been far more close to TA's numbers, but alas, that still wouldn't be enough because of the dreadful 3D.
So the shooting took off nearly 500M from the earnings? Makes sense
And you dont have the right to use 3D as an excuse,no one stopped WB from filming in 3D
They knew it would sell because TDKR wasnt an action oriented movie

As I said before Money Spent and Money earned..thats the only factor

Not saying it is an excuse, but the trend of 3D DID help TA. There's nothing wrong in stating what actually happened.
Its an excuse,you keep mentioning it again and again

So TAS-M REALLY bombed for having the same amount as TA and not even making as much as TDKR which had more AND TAS-M had 3D :up:
No it earned double that of comparable movies like BB and smashed apart movies like Thor and CapAm and even earned more that IM
Thats a huge success

It's when you get into different territories when you want to compare a first film to only another first film, or a sequel to only another sequel.
And since we are trying to have a logical comparison,we should do that

If we were to compare the three CBMs way back when, why can't we do it now?
Only on the quality,there was no question that TASM was gonna fall behind in terms of box office money

Example for those different territories: The Avengers is the first of what could be its own trilogy, so one could make a definite argument on how we can compare TA to TAS-M.
Nope,it had 5 marvel movies behind it in the same universe,not a comparison.

k6luh.jpg

I try to make my posts sound so awesome that I'd get this kind of reply :grin:

Though that not my argument I would like to say its correct
Superman 1 and 2 released way back,kids nowadays mostly havent watched it.
Since we are talking about popularity,its a correct list

1.) Seriously, do you try so hard to be relevant on these forums that you keep replying to me and even spreading out the reply even more so it's now longer than it was two pages ago? You're quite the joke.

2.) It doesn't matter what its popularity is towards kids. Kids don't make up for a lot of fans of any superhero as comic book fans have amassed past the ages of kids. Superman I and II is still popular and still among the list of GREAT CBMs. It's when you don't know and respect that is when you have no right to try and create a list of what are great CBMs.

By Whom?
CB Fans ofcourse
If we take the general audience into consideration,TASM's hype wasnt even comparable to the amount of hype TDKR and TA had and since the GA bring in the money..it showed

Who the **** cares about the general audience at the moment? I'm talking about the FORUMS. Read before you reply. I am saying on HERE, i.e. the FORUMS.

It's like when the general audience didn't care for Watchmen. The CB fans thought TAS-M would do great, but the general audience didn't and they were correct as the summer was only a two-race horse.

Now?
It was always like that mate
The Reboot/Remake argument is also correct though

Wasn't always like that as I said countless and countless of times.

I count anything above 70%RT being successful
Marvel did ridiculously well selling characters who no one cared about

Of course you'd count that rating being successful since TAS-M received a 73%.

If we must really use RT, the criteria should be for 80% and higher.

Agreed,And they get the credit for being good.
However,no one can disagree that their job of earning the big bucks was easier due to being part of an already established movie-series unlike TASM

I highly disagree. What matters mostly is the film itself, not previous films just because we could not get a predicted number after seeing the box office numbers for films like Thor, Captain America or Batman Begins.

And still behind both TDKR and TA
My point being,even if it was a really good origin movie like IM,it would have never beaten TDKR and TA,No chance at all

But I still said at least more successful.

And what effect did the shooting have on the Box office
A loss of maybe 20M...50M at the most
Still doesnt justify not beating TDK
SM3 despite being terrible beat SM2 and IM2 beat IM1 aswell

Yet it did beat TDK when it reached a billion without being re-released. That's underperforming, huh?

But, still, those predictions were made before the shooting and how TDKR could have very well beaten TA even with 3D. Now I didn't believe that kind of hype myself, but the shooting did not help TDKR when its numbers could've been much higher than they are now.

Plus, I believe 20%-25% is still good numbers that TDKR missed out on from the shootings.

I made my point already,Because it isnt a sequel
I will readily compare TASM2 with say TDK but comparing TASM is not fair
As I said,compare it with BB,IM and the likes

So we could compare the three before the movies are released, but not now? That's not fair itself just because TAS-M didn't perform well enough as TA or TDKR.

But in any rate, if you want to make yourself feel better, go ahead and compare it to Batman Begins...but know that the idea of reboots did not sit well in 2005 as it does now in 2012.

Just show me where the disscussion was about hype and critical reception before the post I quoted

This is boring.

Just pay attention next time :up:

As I said,it outdid itself
I never expected it to cross a billion

Key word. You. A lot of people did expect it to reach a billion. Not exactly 1.5, but many people did expect it to make quite a lot.

It should have earned way more,no excuse

Then The Dark Knight should have earned way more as well before it was re-released? Is that the scenario we're going here? If you want to make yourself feel better and suggest TDKR should've earned way more even when it reached a billion, then clearly that means TDK should have as well.

And we both know how TAS-M should have earned a ton more, right?

What?
If you mean they earned the money through multiple viewing then I must say every franchise has that kind of fans,You must know since you have watched TDKR..like what..6 times?

Eight times actually, but I prefer smarter films...hence why I've seen TDKR so many times. And I definitely regret watching TAS-M three times and I regret not watching Avengers more than six in theatres.

If thats not the case then how **** things like Transformers gross a billion multiple times?

Only one Bayformers passed the one billion mark, which was Dark of the Moon...which, mind you, was actually a fine movie and took away some annoying elements such as Megan Fox. Still a bad movie, but definitely not as bad as the first two.

Yeah every reboot owns its success to BB now which earned very little to start with

Because, as I said...reboots wasn't a trend nor was it something that seemed rewarding for any viewer at the time. But yet it's loved more now since it started an amazing trilogy and its paved the way for many films, reboot or not. So...your point is...?

So the shooting took off nearly 500M from the earnings? Makes sense
And you dont have the right to use 3D as an excuse,no one stopped WB from filming in 3D
They knew it would sell because TDKR wasnt an action oriented movie

As I said before Money Spent and Money earned..thats the only factor

The combination of no 3D and the shooting kept a lot of money TDKR could've made. Take out 3D for TA and take away the shooting and the race between the two CBMs would be far different. Not saying any of that is a real excuse, but stating facts as well and what kept TDKR from making TA's numbers. With that being said, it's downright silly to even say TDKR underperformed where there are reasons to why TDKR didn't make THAT much.

What would be TAS-M's excuse?

Its an excuse,you keep mentioning it again and again

Mentioning something over and over are excuses? So I suppose your replies are full of them, haha.

No it earned double that of comparable movies like BB and smashed apart movies like Thor and CapAm and even earned more that IM
Thats a huge success

Nah, it underperformed with the CBMs this year :awesome:

If you want to compare a third film(TDKR) with a sixth film(TA), then we can definitely compare all three :up:

And since we are trying to have a logical comparison,we should do that

Only on the quality,there was no question that TASM was gonna fall behind in terms of box office money

Nope,it had 5 marvel movies behind it in the same universe,not a comparison.

So isn't it silly to compare The Avengers to The Dark Knight Rises then?

As I said, we can be very technical now since TA had five movies beforehand while TDKR only had two.

Can't have it one way or the other now.

He doesnt care yet he keeps coming to the page.
*Facepalm*

1.) Seriously, do you try so hard to be relevant on these forums that you keep replying to me and even spreading out the reply even more so it's now longer than it was two pages ago? You're quite the joke.
And you are not the part of it?

Superman I and II is still popular and still among the list of GREAT CBMs. It's when you don't know and respect that is when you have no right to try and create a list of what are great CBMs.
Damn the great Anno has said
I have no right
_proxy

It's like when the general audience didn't care for Watchmen. The CB fans thought TAS-M would do great, but the general audience didn't and they were correct as the summer was only a two-race horse.
Dafuq are you talking about?
TASM has very little hype compared to TA and TDKR pre-release,I am not even talking about quality here

Of course you'd count that rating being successful since TAS-M received a 73%.
Nope,Watchmen is a lot more successful

But I still said at least more successful.
So can every movie
There is never shortage for improvement

Plus, I believe 20%-25% is still good numbers that TDKR missed out on from the shootings.
Meaning 250M??
ROFLMAO

But in any rate, if you want to make yourself feel better, go ahead and compare it to Batman Begins...but know that the idea of reboots did not sit well in 2005 as it does now in 2012.
It always sat well
As you yourself said before,What matters mostly is the film itself, not previous films

This is boring.
Just pay attention next time
Heh heh
Your inability to show me exactly where the argument was about hype or critical reception before that post just goes on show who was actually not paying attention

Key word. You. A lot of people did expect it to reach a billion. Not exactly 1.5, but many people did expect it to make quite a lot.
I may be opening a can of worms here but most of the estimates predicted that TDKR would beat TA(Before any of the 3 movies released)

Then The Dark Knight should have earned way more as well before it was re-released? Is that the scenario we're going here? If you want to make yourself feel better and suggest TDKR should've earned way more even when it reached a billion, then clearly that means TDK should have as well.
I dont care about re-releases.TDK was re-released because it was worth it,which TDKR clearly is not
The factor we are talking here is Money spent and Money Earned.Not caring whether it is 3D,re-release,Imax or whatever

Eight times actually, but I prefer smarter films...hence why I've seen TDKR so many times. And I definitely regret watching TAS-M three times and I regret not watching Avengers more than six in theatres.
So shall I say that TDKR has made its money through repeat viewing of minorities just like you said it about Transformers?

Only one Bayformers passed the one billion mark, which was Dark of the Moon...which, mind you, was actually a fine movie and took away some annoying elements such as Megan Fox. Still a bad movie, but definitely not as bad as the first two.
Still not deserving to reach a billion
But hey,thats audience,they love explosions and CGI over-load

Because, as I said...reboots wasn't a trend nor was it something that seemed rewarding for any viewer at the time. But yet it's loved more now since it started an amazing trilogy and its paved the way for many films, reboot or not. So...your point is...?
You give too much credit to BB

The combination of no 3D and the shooting kept a lot of money TDKR could've made. Take out 3D for TA and take away the shooting and the race between the two CBMs would be far different. Not saying any of that is a real excuse, but stating facts as well and what kept TDKR from making TA's numbers. With that being said, it's downright silly to even say TDKR underperformed where there are reasons to why TDKR didn't make THAT much.
So if no-3D is the cause for not hitting 1.5B,isnt that a financial blunder by WB?
You keeping bringing it up and then say its not because its just a gimmick.Either you admit it was the studio's mistake or dont bring up the excuse at all

1.Shooting factor-30M loss
2.About 3D-Even if TDKR was released in 3D,it would never sell as much as it did for TA as TDKR wasnt action oriented.So its idiotic to even think it would make as much as TA from the 3D
3.If you really want to factor in 3D,why dont you make the suitable changes to the budget aswell? You keep forgetting that 3D filming costs money

About TASM's excuse-Poor script,Poor Villian,Bad pacing etc
I readily admit its flaws instead of bringing up an factor and not even admitting it as the Sudio's mistake

He doesnt care yet he keeps coming to the page.
*Facepalm*

When someone replies to me, then yes, I will care. Because I don't want the end of a discussion being some ridiculous reply :up:

And you are not the part of it?

Only a part of it because you reply my posts, so I must talk to you. Maybe just stop replying to my posts and this will never happen again.

Damn the great Anno has said
I have no right
_proxy

A tiny blue box with a white question mark.

You sure showed me.

Dafuq are you talking about?
TASM has very little hype compared to TA and TDKR pre-release,I am not even talking about quality here

With CB fans, the hype was a three-way race. Stop being moronic enough to not realize that only because YOU weren't giving TAS-M that much hype.

Nope,Watchmen is a lot more successful

:huh:

Awful try with sarcasm or what? Because we weren't even talking about Watchmen when you brought up TAS-M in comparison to the Marvel Studio films.

So can every movie
There is never shortage for improvement

Sure? Which is what I said, didn't I??

Meaning 250M??
ROFLMAO

:dry:

An additional $250 million to the gross of $1 billion+ is not something to laugh at. $250 million is more than the budget for TDKR(counting tax credits).

It always sat well
As you yourself said before,What matters mostly is the film itself, not previous films

Lol! What the **** are you trying to say? I'm saying the films...when they're in the theatres! A movie can be loved more after time goes on and that was the case for BB seeing as how, as I will have to ****ing say for a third time...it started a great trilogy.

Now you're just running in circles AGAIN. Lovely. Always nice to talk to someone that just runs around in circles after a couple replies later :funny:

Heh heh
Your inability to show me exactly where the argument was about hype or critical reception before that post just goes on show who was actually not paying attention

Your inability to stop replying to keep yourself from making you sound like a fool.

I may be opening a can of worms here but most of the estimates predicted that TDKR would beat TA(Before any of the 3 movies released)

1.) Before the shooting.

2.) High bar predictions that were never going to be accomplished because of Avengers using 3D.

3.) Let's hope no Avenger fanboys read what you just said.

I dont care about re-releases.TDK was re-released because it was worth it,which TDKR clearly is not
The factor we are talking here is Money spent and Money Earned.Not caring whether it is 3D,re-release,Imax or whatever

It clearly is not because it already reached a billion. TDKR doesn't need to be re-released for any reason. It's good enough with the gross it made :up:

Only stating the fact that TDKR didn't underperform when it reached a billion without being re-released as TDK and you call that underperforming :funny:

So shall I say that TDKR has made its money through repeat viewing of minorities just like you said it about Transformers?

Sure, go ahead bud :up:

You'll be wrong, but go right ahead as it's fun to read your next hilarious replies :up:

Still not deserving to reach a billion
But hey,thats audience,they love explosions and CGI over-load

Neither was Avatar, but as you said, it's just the certain audiences that enjoys stuff like that.

You give too much credit to BB

And so do the many directors of countless other films, including Marc Webb. I'm in good company.

So if no-3D is the cause for not hitting 1.5B,isnt that a financial blunder by WB?
You keeping bringing it up and then say its not because its just a gimmick.Either you admit it was the studio's mistake or dont bring up the excuse at all

1.Shooting factor-30M loss
2.About 3D-Even if TDKR was released in 3D,it would never sell as much as it did for TA as TDKR wasnt action oriented.So its idiotic to even think it would make as much as TA from the 3D
3.If you really want to factor in 3D,why dont you make the suitable changes to the budget aswell? You keep forgetting that 3D filming costs money

About TASM's excuse-Poor script,Poor Villian,Bad pacing etc
I readily admit its flaws instead of bringing up an factor and not even admitting it as the Sudio's mistake

Are you saying TDKR wouldn't make that much as TA still because it wasn't action-oriented? REALLY? A great movie is a great movie, with or without action :doh:

Also, I would like to point out that you didn't really say anything about about my comment of it being ridiculous to compare TA to TDKR anymore if we can't compare a first film to a third film we shouldn't be comparing a third film to a sixth film.

*Joker voice* I think Anno Domini and Spiderdevil are destined to do this forever :hoboj:

Except for, while it seems like we'll be at this forever, I'm going to retire for eight years, return, then retire once more while passing the mantle down to someone worthy enough :awesome:

Except for, while it seems like we'll be at this forever, I'm going to retire for eight years, return, then retire once more while passing the mantle down to someone worthy enough :awesome:

let me guess....someone who´s name in real life is Robin?
Then someone will try to imprison all the mods and let all the trolls and banned people arround while trying to launch a devastating virus to the SHH forums and then you´ll sacrifice for everyone using your account but the truth is you went to another forums

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"