Spiderman's Non organic Web Shooters

cryptic name said:
because it would have been weird to see webbing coming out of his ass, like a spider.

Who in the world started spreading the ******ed idea that spiders spin their webbing out of their ass? The spinnerets are located in their abdomen. :down

webshooter5ct.jpg

webshootercu3mp.jpg

Kent said:
Who in the world started spreading the ******ed idea that spiders spin their webbing out of their ass? The spinnerets are located in their abdomen. :down
and where is their anus located. probably the same place as the spinnerets.

Roughly. Their bodies have only 2 segments, & the spinneret is at their back end.

Chris Wallace said:
What? He's Spider-MAN. Some attributes obviously aren't going to transfer. He's not Patience Phillips. Saying that the webbing should come out of his butt is like saying he should crave liquefied fly guts & fear newspapers.

theres this movie i found whilst randomly searching newgrounds that explores that point on of the guys says "if spider-man can do whatever a spider can do that mean he has trouble getting out the bath?" then it cuts to spidey in the bath saying "i'll just get out of this now" *he slips back in* "ARRGH damn slippy sides"

Then it cuts back and another guy says "and what about his natural fear of newspapers" it cuts to the bugle with JJ holding a rolled up newspaper saying " ok Parker i want this on my desk by..." pete: ARRGH don't hit me :spidey::)

p.s In the background theres a poster of uncle ben's rice with the caption "with great power there must come great responsibilty" lol:):spidey:

I don't see Bruce Wayne sleeping upside down or eating bugs.

It was supposed to look like a kid made it. At home. W/no budget.

I think they dropped them because the organic scenes were funny and they needed no more exposition on the subject.

IMO I prefer the mechs but for the movies the organics worked. They provided laughs and were easy to add and made sense in retrospect to why he never had them. I still tell people now that he makes the webbing in the comics and they are not one of his powers and they give me a strange look like "Well, that's stupid. I think it works better in the movie." I just shrug, it is like trying to explain MJ is not Peter's one and only but hey, as long as the movies are good and capture the spirit of the comics and are reasonably faithful, I'm good.

except he doesn't make his webbing anymore.:(

Hey, look at it like this.

In the original comics- Superman never flew he only leaped over tall buildings.

Until the radio show, Superman was invincible. In the radio show, they introduced Kryptonite.

Changes occur as the times go on. Personally I like the organic webs better. Not that big of a deal in retrospect.

Not a fitting analogy; Supes has flown for a good 50 years. Spidey's only had organic webbing for about 2. One is more established & recognized. And while I think we can all agree that giving Superman the ability to fly is an improvement & giving him limitations makes the character more interesting & enjoyable, not everyone feels that way when it comes to Spider-Man. The most popular argument is that the organic webbing somehow diminishes him; takes away from his intellect & creativity. They also say it's a less imaginative depistion of the character. At one time I sided with them. Now I'm fine w/the organics.

Give it a good 50 years time. Right now we can't see it. But looking back we can. Whose to say back then, unless anyone on here remembers, how the fans reacted to flight and kryptonite back then?

Fans didn't wig out like we do back then. And I doubt they'll keep the organic webbing in the comics for 50 years.

Chris Wallace said:
The most popular argument is that the organic webbing somehow diminishes him; takes away from his intellect & creativity. They also say it's a less imaginative depistion of the character. At one time I sided with them. Now I'm fine w/the organics.

I sort of feel this way too, mostly because in the 2002 movie the organic webs were handled in a much less disgusting way than in the original scriptments. Eliminating the "rose thorn" spinnerette popping up through a slit in Pete's wrist and doing away with the "webbing wet dream" sequence was a very good decision.

I won't go so far as to say that I'm totally fine with the organics -- particularly after Raimi called the mechanicals "unrealistic", then went and showed Pete mysteriously getting a professional-quality Spidey suit, and also had a one-man Goblin glider lifting a 10-ton cable car -- but the concept of the organics was quickly dealt with in the first movie and hasn't been focused on to the point of being truly annoying, so I can deal with it.

The reasons you listed are a big part of why I've grown to like the organic webbing; it wasn't made out to be gross & disgusting so it didn't bother me. When he's in costume & swinging around, there's no discernible difference between the visual of that & what you see in the comics. So it's just like he's got webshooters.

I do not understand the organics myself.

And the idea of him spraying bodily fluids all over manhattan is really quite nasty.

Galactical said:
I do not understand the organics myself.

And the idea of him spraying bodily fluids all over manhattan is really quite nasty.

Since it's basically super-strong spider-silk, its no different than if a big spider were spraying webs all over NYC. I don't look at spider webs as being nasty, even though they are just solidfied spider bodily fluids.

However, I do wish the movies would have established that Spidey's organic webbing disintegrates after an hour or so like the synthetic webbing in the comics, so as to explain why there aren't used Spidey-webs left all over NYC that last for months like real spider webs.

I don't buy the "nasty" argument b/c nobody ever says that a guy housing blades in his forearms & cutting his hands open to stab people with them is nasty. Nobody says him growing back tissue is nasty.
Lots of superpowers can be interpreted as gross, if not all of them. We got a villain blowing himself up, for God's sake!
As for the webs dissolving, I really don't care. I like that video game commercial where the city workers are cleaning all those webs off the skyscraper windows. I thought that was funny as hell!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"