Spiral: From The Book Of Saw

Well a lot of comedic actors transition to drama successfully; Robin Williams, Jim Carrey and Eddie Murphy.

I haven’t seen Chris Rock in anything too recent, but even his comedic “acting” was always pretty poor in things like Lethal Weapon 4 and Down to Earth. He’s a standup guy.

My go to list of comedic actors that have made the transition to drama successfully have always been Robin Williams, Jim Carrey and Will Smith.

Has this already been discussed/revealed to be a prequel?

Eh dramadies are still dramatic . Chris Rock does Woody Allen type roles better than Woody Allen does now. That should count for something.

The trailer gives me a "oh another Saw film" just with well known actors vibe.

LionsGate have eXhausted the premise of Saw. Too been there done that x9.

Eta: just checked the filmography of who's directing this and sheez. I thought they went with someone new and haven't directed a Saw film. The director has plenty of movies with a rotten rating.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of Chris Rock's favorite movies was Seven.

wTsFuW1.jpg

I just remembered there were spirals on the cheeks of Jigsaw's puppet. This makes me very curious about the connective tissue to Jigsaw and the other movies.

I'm wondering if the villain of this story inspired Jigsaw and he used the spirals as an homage or if that person got the insignia from the puppet. Or....

There's no relation other than being an Easter Egg.

I just remembered there were spirals on the cheeks of Jigsaw's puppet. This makes me very curious about the connective tissue to Jigsaw and the other movies.

I'm wondering if the villain of this story inspired Jigsaw and he used the spirals as an homage or if that person got the insignia from the puppet. Or....

There's no relation other than being an Easter Egg.

I get the feeling this is a prequel set in the 80s perhaps

Damn, there goes another one.

At first I thought it said 2020 and I was confused...

Either way, this sucks.

At first I thought it said 2020 and I was confused...

Either way, this sucks.
Yeah, they SERIOUSLY couldn't have set it for October? I can understand for John Wick getting delayed a year since that hasn't begun casting yet, but SAW? That's a pretty low-budget series and they finished filming WELL before the pandemic! This makes no sense! Why can't they put it out around October like the other 8 movies? What about this screams "summer blockbuster"?

This year is just meh.

At least it’s not being dumped vod. I wanna see this in theatres so I’m good to wait.

Spiral: From The Book Of Saw Feels ‘More Like Seven’, Says Darren Lynn Bousman – Exclusive Image

Speaking to Empire in the new issue, Spiral director Darren Lynn Bousman – who previously helmed Saw II, III, and IV – says it isn’t just the previous movies in the series that Rock is drawing from, but also from one of the most acclaimed serial-killer thrillers of all time. “Chris came in with a thriller concept,” he says. “He pitched this very elaborate, dense idea. We wanted it to feel much more like Seven. But it has so many ties to the mythos of Saw.” Since David Fincher’s seven-deadly-sins film frequently veers from thriller territory into oh-god-what-is-that? horror, it’s easy to see how Rock’s film might push that boundary further through the Saw lens.

That’s not the only tonal shift for the new outing. With Rock’s background in comedy, Bousman hints that there will be a few killer laughs to leaven the nightmares – plus, the splatter is being turned down a little for this one. “I was a younger person,” the director says of his earlier Saw flicks. “Gore and violence was the gimmick, I think. Gore and violent is no longer a gimmick – it just serves the story. This is much more about character, tension and fear.”

191E0F4C-BBD1-49C1-9742-FC34C69420E9.jpeg 6DCF443D-1A33-44C4-9C82-DAE5DB7861F7.jpeg

Spiral: From the Book of Saw’ Release Date Pushed Forward – Deadline

The latest in the Saw franchise will now open in theaters nationwide on May 14.

“With movie theaters now open in New York and Los Angeles and moviegoers returning to their favorite pastime, Spiral…puts a fresh spin on a favorite franchise. We know that Saw fans, as well as those experiencing their first Saw adventure, will be on the edge of their seats with this thrilling new film,” he said. “We are proud to support the exhibitors with one of our most eagerly awaited films. We are confident this film will kick off a robust summer moviegoing season.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"