SPOILERS FAN reviews SPOILERS do NOT enter if you don't want to be spoiled!

great movie 8/10 ,but my only complaint is the humor and not because i dont like humor but the humor in this movie is just not funny after every joke you can hear a pin drop since me and my crowd were dead silent alot of the humor missed the mark and bombed

you can tell scott derrickon doesn't come from a comedic background since all his previous films are horror films

Sounds like your audience had a collective stick up their arses.

My audience laughed at every single joke lol

But seriously. Not all the jokes were funny. But if Wong didn't make you laugh you have a heart of stone friendo

Actually I agree with LoganGambit87, DS is the first MCU movie where the pretty much all the jokes fell flat IMO.

Perhaps I'm being too harsh but to me even Falcon was more fun in CA:CW than the entire DS movie.

[YT]GwlzbpzyFdE[/YT]

I agree with everything here. :D

^ Although my feelings are not really that strong. :)

I don't know, I loved the new fanfare. It makes you even more pumped for what you're about to experience. :hmr:

[YT]I7oKt9-wIIQ[/YT]​

I saw a lot of people online saying the new logo was pretentious but I was seriously hyped when I saw it.

I saw a lot of people online saying the new logo was pretentious but I was seriously hyped when I saw it.

It certainly helps to make sure people don't get the Fox Marvel movies and the MCU movies mixed up.

What is this I read about a War Machine reference?

The Living Tribunal got mentioned by Mordo. He's only the 2nd most powerful being in the MCU. The only being that is as strong or stronger than Thanos WITH ALL SIX STONES IN THE INFINITY GAUNTLET!

Finally! It took reading almost 20 pages for someone to finally mention this. That was one of my favorite parts!

There are aspects that are kinda valid from their "review", but it's just drowning in jadedness so they go overboard.

Yeah, they are brutal and I really don't have anywhere near that kind of strong feelings for DS. It was okay but I liked it enough and I'll see it again one more time.

Yeah, they are brutal and I really don't have anywhere near that kind of strong feelings for DS. It was okay but I liked it enough and I'll see it again one more time.

I've seen it and enjoy it for what it was: an introductory film.

Marvel films tend to improve over the life of the franchise (with the exception being the Iron Man franchise; they clearly where learning as they went along).

I've seen it and enjoy it for what it was: an introductory film.

Marvel films tend to improve over the life of the franchise (with the exception being the Iron Man franchise; they clearly where learning as they went along).

Definitely, the potential for a much better sequel is there but me thinks Feige needs to hire better writers next time around.

Just came back from my 2nd viewing and I must say I liked it much more the 2nd time around. 8.5/10 for me.

I saw Strange and the yellow gloves, mid credit. The gloves have an odd section missing at the joint below the knuckle. Looked really cool.

Kaecilius (sp?) was crying when he gave Strange the speech about Time and eternal life while trapped in the body cage. Very weird but it definitely showed his belief in his goal.

Mordo's flip at the end works a lot better this time around. Ancient One talks about his demons and he even gives an emotional speech to Strange about the presumably awful things he's done to protect the Sanctums & Natural Law.

Still didn't like McAdams pointless character.

Marvel just can't miss. It is a great film.

I haven't read through this thread, but am I the only one who thought Dormammu had more of a Galactus visual vibe than the old comic Dormammu. What I really liked about that encounter was that it was very true to the Dr Strange that was often overmatched but survived and triumphed because of his intelligence and wits.

That was my thinking exactly. I like to the new logo.

I miss the more comic focused way the old one was, and I think the new one's a bit long
but all in all I still like the new one, especially Cap throwin that shield, lookin triumphant af

For the jokes thing, I got the feeling Strange's jokes were supposed to fall flat. It just shows how self involved he really is. Wong had a great rhetorical question when Strange was trying to crack a joke and he asked Strange "Did those people work for you?". Strange's jokes were intended to not be funny. Other than that I thought everything else worked, the tea comment after hitting the astral plane for the 1st time, the gift shop comments, the Mr.Doctor, and it's Strange comment after. If they didn't come out of Strange's mouth intentionally they worked. They were all subtle and worked in the moment, IMO.

Finally! It took reading almost 20 pages for someone to finally mention this. That was one of my favorite parts!
When did he mention the Living Tribunal? I must have missed it

When did he mention the Living Tribunal? I must have missed it

Didn't Mordo mention something like the Staff of the Living Tribunal during a training drill with Strange.

He did and then whipped it on the ground. Then mentioned his Boots of Bouncey Something's...

Couple of things on Mordo:

As most have stated already, Mordo believes that if you mess with the natural order of things that there is always a consequence and the consequence generally is always worse (which creates irony because Mordo's new "mission" ends up being the consequence). Which is why he kept saying "The bill comes due".

My thought on him walking away from Strange and Wong is probably because A. he needed time to plan and B. He probably wasn't going to be able to take both of them at that time, especially with Strange having the Time Gem.

Everything he did, IMO, made sense. His master "betrayed" him, tenants he believe in for the majority of his training were being broken all around him and finally his master was killed removing the moral compass that directed him.

Frankly, he's already one of my favorite MCU villains.

Honestly, I don't even think he intends to come after Strange and the other Kamar-Taj survivors, as such. He seemed to be more sad about their path than angry at them. His newfound "revelation" seems to be a lot more about selfish use of magic, which they aren't really doing. I suspect his focus is going to be hunting down every wizard who *isn't* a dedicated defender of the world. . . and not really distinguishing between those who seek to bring harm to the world, and those who just use magic for personal benefit.

Honestly, I don't even think he intends to come after Strange and the other Kamar-Taj survivors, as such. He seemed to be more sad about their path than angry at them. His newfound "revelation" seems to be a lot more about selfish use of magic, which they aren't really doing. I suspect his focus is going to be hunting down every wizard who *isn't* a dedicated defender of the world. . . and not really distinguishing between those who seek to bring harm to the world, and those who just use magic for personal benefit.

I can see that. One thing I was thinking on my second viewing was how Pangborn just left at his own free will. Isn't it a tad reckless for the Ancient One to teach these amazing abilities to almost anyone who falls at her doorstep? Later on she said she can see the future somewhat (to Strange during her death scene) so how did she not see Kaecilius? She also mentioned she could see potential, maybe she could only see her future?

Very meh on this one. Went with friends and expected to have a great time. Heard about all the great visuals and such, and was disappointed. The visuals were not bad, but they didnt blow me away or anything. The only one I loved was that chase scene which was awesome. The humor didnt land, the story progressed was way too fast, I felt it needed more depth/characterization. The actors were brillaint though. The action was good. 6/10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"