SPOILERS FAN reviews SPOILERS do NOT enter if you don't want to be spoiled!

It was different in the early comics, but that's okay. I loved the movie. I don't recall them ever going into the details of the cloak or amulet. Certainly, the eye was never identified as an infinity Stone. I believe that the red cloak replaced the blue one and was more powerful. Ditto, as I recall, for the amulet. The writer probably said "We want him to look cooler so we might as well make him more powerful while we're at it". LOL.

So, I don't recall a backstory for the cloak and amulet in the older comics, but they may have brought one in later.

I absolutely loved it! It was exactly the movie it needed to be!

Sets up Mordo perfectly to be the villain for the next film especially if there is a sequel

hard to have a next film, if there's no sequel

Ha ha.....

Given the box office, I don't think there's any doubt we'll see a sequel. Is DS confirmed to be in IW? Given the eye, I (sorry for that) can't see how he wouldn't be in it.

This clearly has a wider appeal than Ant-Man; and also a better name. I went to see AM 3 times; once by myself, once with my wife, and once with my mother. Both my wife and mother told me afterwards "I really liked it, but when you said we should go see Ant-Man, I thought you were nuts". The name was not conducive to drawing big numbers unless you were sort of in with "The In Crowd". The fact that AM did as well as it did, is sort of surprising.

EDIT: We certainly haven't seen the last of Mordo, but I think Dormammu could be a way cool villain. In one of the old comics, Dormammu gave Mordo a power boost to fight DS. Maybe we'll see something like that, but I think a head to head between Dormammu and DS would be pretty cool. Maybe they could bring in the mindless ones too.

Last edited:
Ha ha.....

Given the box office, I don't think there's any doubt we'll see a sequel. Is DS confirmed to be in IW? Given the eye, I (sorry for that) can't see how he wouldn't be in it.

This clearly has a wider appeal than Ant-Man; and also a better name. I went to see AM 3 times; once by myself, once with my wife, and once with my mother. Both my wife and mother told me afterwards "I really liked it, but when you said we should go see Ant-Man, I thought you were nuts". The name was not conducive to drawing big numbers unless you were sort of in with "The In Crowd". The fact that AM did as well as it did, is sort of surprising.

EDIT: We certainly haven't seen the last of Mordo, but I think Dormammu could be a way cool villain. In one of the old comics, Dormammu gave Mordo a power boost to fight DS. Maybe we'll see something like that, but I think a head to head between Dormammu and DS would be pretty cool.

Cumberbatch himself has confirmed that he'll be in IW. He was talking about scheduling conflicts with the other MCU stars to shoot IW in an interview last month.

Cumberbatch himself has confirmed that he'll be in IW. He was talking about scheduling conflicts with the other MCU stars to shoot IW in an interview last month.

Cool. It wouldn't work without him. I don't suppose he was specific about which one (or both)? IW2 is gonna be YUGE. That's going to be the full on line up of SHs. I think they'll be pulling out all the stops on that one.

Good movie. Basically Iron Man but with a better ending. All the actors were good. I thought the villain was actually one of the better ones. Yes he didn't get a huge backstory but he didn't need to. Much better than Ronan or Malekith. McAdams was good in a small but pivotal role.

So what happens to all the students in Nepal? Who is training them now since Strange is in New York?

I absolutely loved this just got back from it. One of my favorites in the MCU for sure. I really enjoyed the musical score, Mads was great. Mordo and Cumberbatch obviously is great as Strange. Tilda was incredibleeeee as The Ancient One. She was my favorite. The visuals were great and trippy and I also enjoyed Dormammu especially knowing Cumberbatch did the mocap and voice for him.

I am thinking that Wong, who seemed to be a lieutenant of TAO, and guardian of the library, would be part of the training team. There was also Master Hamir, who didn't have his own Sanctum to protect.

Sets up Mordo perfectly to be the villain for the next film especially if there is a sequel

I feel like making Mordo into a villain was forced in the film. The big reveal just didn't connect with me.

Didn't feel like it was forced at all. It flowed great for me, just the way he acted the whole film, Ancient One calling his soul rigid while Strange's was flexible, and also the looks he would give at certain moments showed what he was feeling.

I'd love for him to be a big bad, just imagine him going after Scarlet Witch in Infinity War or Dr Strange 2.

It sets up Mordo to be a big bad and yeah there were moments in the film that built up to his dark side turn like think Anakin turning to the dark side of the Force and becoming Darth Vader...Mordo's turn was done perfectly if you ask me

My recollection from my old CBs was that Mordo, while powerful, was not really THAT much of a heavy hitter. Dormammu, much more so. I loved that Dormammu was introduced, but would have preferred a more corporeal form. Not that this is bad, but I tend to like it when they follow the comics. Of course, Dormammu was a being that could take on form so maybe they'll do that down the road.

I think I figured out who the Marine Colonel with the spinal injury is!

It never says when the man was injured but, in Iron Man 2,one of Hammer's suits suddenly twists at the waist 180 degrees. Hammer immediately says, "I'd like to point out that that pilot survived!"

Fast forward a few years and you have a test pilot with a damaged spinal cord from using experimental armor!

I think I figured out who the Marine Colonel with the spinal injury is!

It never says when the man was injured but, in Iron Man 2,one of Hammer's suits suddenly twists at the waist 180 degrees. Hammer immediately says, "I'd like to point out that that pilot survived!"

Fast forward a few years and you have a test pilot with a damaged spinal cord from using experimental armor!
That's what I think too, BUT, that was too long ago aparrently. Unless they (Hammer) exhausted every other avenue

That's what I think too, BUT, that was too long ago aparrently. Unless they (Hammer) exhausted every other avenue

Exactly. It doesn't say when the guy suffered the injury.

I'm the biggest fan of the concept of time travel and time manipulation, I got fed up now by all the movies and series in which we see this concept, I don't find it fascinating as before.

BUT, what we saw in Doctor Strange is something astonishing, stunning, new, fresh and very well made and presented. I watched the movie yesterday and God !! I'm still in ecstasy.

This time manipulation is so flexible, and the film handled it visually with perfection, a perfect combination between idea & visuals. Just wow !!! Mind-blowing.

I'm in love with the film already and give it a perfect 10.

If I was being nitpicky I'd say that the script needed tweaking a little in order to better establish the timeframe. I know there is a throwaway line about Strange having an eidetic memory but I still think the training period of the movie should have spanned years as opposed to months, maybe even with some more nods with what was going on in the MCU whilst Strange was training.

If I was being nitpicky I'd say that the script needed tweaking a little in order to better establish the timeframe. I know there is a throwaway line about Strange having an eidetic memory but I still think the training period of the movie should have spanned years as opposed to months, maybe even with some more nods with what was going on in the MCU whilst Strange was training.

"IF" you were being nitpicky?? :cwink:

But his training is STILL going on ? The entire film he's ''in training''. That's the impression I got. He can summon portals, magical whips but that's pretty much it for him. During his training at Kamar-taj Kaecilius interrupts and Strange is being thrown in a real life and death situation and it never stops till the end of the film so while his training at Kamar-taj was interrupted his ''on the field'' training was still going on. He's still learning. At least I hope so because his arsenal was VERY limited and to me he came across as a rookie who still has a long way to go. He had to improvise a lot on the fly.

Yeah, the only thing I could see that gave you an idea that time passed was, he had different colored clothing as time went on during his training, like levels in many Martial arts. But how long did it take him to go through each level?

They really played a Sinestro/Hal Jordan vibe with Mordo and Strange in this film. Which I loved. Mordo is a great sorcerer who becomes disenfranchised with the leader, and turns against the protagonist, trying to destroy the establishment of magic.

Though it's been done before. I thought it was handled well, and acted strongly. I bought Mordo as a character. His turn at the end felt like the only possible way for it to go. He seems like possibly a villain who can be reasoned with. So it should make for an interesting conflict.

But his training is STILL going on ? The entire film he's ''in training''. That's the impression I got. He can summon portals, magical whips but that's pretty much it for him. During his training at Kamar-taj Kaecilius interrupts and Strange is being thrown in a real life and death situation and it never stops till the end of the film so while his training at Kamar-taj was interrupted his ''on the field'' training was still going on. He's still learning. At least I hope so because his arsenal was VERY limited and to me he came across as a rookie who still has a long way to go. He had to improvise a lot on the fly.

Improvising was what he was always good at. Face it, the doc was always smarter than his enemies

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"