Star Trek Into Darkness - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubtful. Time travelling baddie was done in the first film. Bad Picard was done in Nemesis. Can't see that one myself.

They missed the boat in Generations for having both ships on screen together, and it's gone for good now. In this reboot timeline the new Enterprise and it's successors meeting won't have anything like the impact that seeing the original timeline ship and the original D on screen together would have.

Can't say I see that happening. His appearance in the last one was sort of the official handover to the new cast. His purpose was served then.

Possible. Those cryo pods (if that is what they are) and Harrison appearing to be augmented himself suggest there is a link there. Not sure if Khan will appear as a baddie for a 3rd film, but a cameo in this one (maybe seen in one of those cryo pods) is possible atm.

I think they will pursue this timeline for as long as the films are profitable. Can't see them ever returning to the original timeline now on film (unless they do a TNG era crossover or something).

For the 'prime' timeline I figure they'd go back to a TV series for that (picking up after TNG/DS9/Voyager eras).

I doubt they would return to TNG, considering the Countdown Comic was written to well write off TNG. Plus, returning to the other timeline is unlikely, and I am happy with it. Abrams' direction is fresh, and I would prefer they keep it that way, without diluting it with needless fan-service.

From what I've heard of this plot, it almost seems like they are dragging out the whole, "Kirk earns the title of Captain thing."

I mean I felt like they've already been there in the first movie. It's time to trek star and all that.

From what I've heard of this plot, it almost seems like they are dragging out the whole, "Kirk earns the title of Captain thing."

I mean I felt like they've already been there in the first movie. It's time to trek star and all that.

One of the recurring criticisms I have read about the first film was on Kirk's rapid ascension to captain. I suspect it is one of the reasons why the advertising has touched on it.

Off-topic, I have found it unusual that little has been revealed about the merchandise for the film, with it being a month away. I hope there will be another six" line, like in the first film, as I have most of the characters, save Scotty, Chekhov, and Uhara.

I keep seeing trailers and wondering why I'm playing the villain in this movie.

Hires shot of the two ships.

stid-t5-25.jpg

I never knew what a Starfleet Ship could look so Evil... I love the Dreadnaught already... :twisted:

1. Rumors online seem to have alot of people thinking it could be Picard, however some people have speculated a Q as well. Guess we all will know in a few weeks.

IMO, that is just some very wishful thinking from the Trek faithful. Picard (mirror or otherwise) will be nowhere near the film. As well as Q.

2. I was also thinking maybe excelsior

Sorry?

3. Wasnt it confirmed Nimoy was cameoing?

No confirmation. I think I read something that he visited the set. But I would be very surprised to see him in it. It doesn't allow Quinto to just run with Spock.

4. Yea I still ? if Khan is in this but still believe it will lead into him in a 3rd movie

It's something I wouldn't be against at all. If they do a lead into the third film, then sweet. But, I think these films in a film by film

5. DOH yes I mean Guardian of Forever, because remember he is always there he is "time" so why shouldnt he exist in this universe? It would be a perfect way to bring a full circle to these movies and bring us back to the Prime universe. I just wonder what will happen in future movies, Quinto I thought mention he would not want to do more trek after a 3rd film, can this cast go on to make 5 or 6 movies like the orginals did? I think the next set of movies will be in the future with an NCC-1701-H or I

I hope not. The idea of the time lines merging... nah. This is a way of telling new stories and putting them in new life or death situations. It means anything can happen to them.

And we have two timelines now. If no more with this cast are made, they may just do a TV show and decide one of thee things; 1) Do a new show in the original timeline set AFTER the destruction of Romulus. 2) Do a new show set in the alternate timeline, either with Kirk and co (new actors) or a new crew entirely. 3) Reboot Trek.

But they wont be involving the guardian of forever (GOF) in any of the films. I don't know this. I have no crystal ball so I can say this with 100% certainty, but I am confident that they wont be merging the timelines and the GOF wont be in the 3rd film.

IMO, that is just some very wishful thinking from the Trek faithful. Picard (mirror or otherwise) will be nowhere near the film.
i agree with that also because Picard hasnt even been born yet in this timeline

It makes me wonder if Picard will even be born in the future of this timeline.

Due to the butterfly effect of all these events, the bald Picard we know from the original timeline might not even be from the same sperm.

Well, maybe there will be a guy like bald Picard in the future of this timeline with the same name, but not exactly the same lol

It makes me wonder if Picard will even be born in the future of this timeline.

Due to the butterfly effect of all these events, the bald Picard we know from the original timeline might not even be from the same sperm.

Well, maybe there will be a guy like bald Picard in the future of this timeline with the same name, but not exactly the same lol

Eh, Kirk and Spock and co were still born in the Mirror Universe despite Mirror Zephram Cochrane shooting the Vulcans or is that some weird quality of the Mirror universe?

Last edited:
Eh, Kirk and Spock and co were still born in the Mirror Universe despite Mirror Zephram Cochrane shooting the Vulcans.

Yeah, The Mirror universe is basically as it's described, a mirror of the 'real' universe, with major individuals having counterparts (though many of the mirror counterparts do get killed while the 'real' ones are still alive and well).

I remember reading speculation the true point of divergence for that universe could have been Edith Keeler living (this would had led to the Nazi's winning WW2, explaining the nasty aspects of that universes counterparts, down to Cochrane gunning down the visiting Vulcans. They were not inherently nasty as the later Mirror episodes in DS9 showed).

So is there gonna be an Art book for this film with concept art and such like what they did for the first film?

Does Harrison's ship purposely not have its exterior lights on?

I'd love a gif of Cumberbatch saying, "Shall we begin?" He's so angry but restrained in that moment.

Does Harrison's ship purposely not have its exterior lights on?

Probably: It's a (apparently secret) Federation Warship built solely for combat. It's not designed to look pretty or to have any other purpose than kicking @ss. With a minimal crew too there wouldn't be much need for windows.

Other Federation ships like the Enterprise are obviously weaponised too, but they also serve exploratory and diplomatic purposes too, and have far larger crews.

It's kinda like the Defiant in DS9. Though that was far smaller that was a purpose built combat ship too (was designed to fight the Borg). The Defiant was kinda like a big fighter plane though, whereas this beast is a battleship.

Did they rule out time travel yet?

They've not revealed anything one way or the other, but with the 1st film's plot based heavily on time travel I think it unlikely they'd use it again so soon.

I definitely do not believe Harrison is from the same dimension or timeline as this new crew. It would seem like wasted potential not to use what was set up with time-travel in the first film.

I have to admit, if Harrison is an augment and winds up working with Kirk in the end, its kind off a shame that they didn't use Khan instead.

It would've pissed off a lot of fans, but it could've been an interesting role reversal and serve as an example of just how different some character's lives could be in this new timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"