The Force Awakens Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens Trailer #1 Discussion - Part 1

Figure we better start this thread up!

This Friday, the world premiere of Star Wars Episode VII trailer will be revealed at select North America theatres.

Be one of the first to experience the trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens at the following Regal locations. The trailer will debut before all movies starting November 28 - November 30.

http://www.regmovies.com/Home/promotions/Star-Wars-Trailer-Debut

May the Force be with you!

It has some cool footage, but it's far from the magical teaser I had dreamt of. All and all it's a bit too random and just does not evoke or say that much.

It's a teaser. It's not supposed to say much.

747 said:
It has some cool footage, but it's far from the magical teaser I had dreamt of. All and all it's a bit too random and just does not evoke or say that much.

Just for reference, folks, here is the original 1976 Star Wars A New Hope teaser:

[YT]Xz0dPC-kJRc[/YT]

This TFA teaser reminds me of that ANH teaser. It teases the characters. A smidgen of action. Says nothing of plot. Both are in the same vein. This is how teasers used to be. Not the two minute monstrosities we see today. Trailer 2&3 will give us more meat. This teaser is just meant to make you want more. It accomplished that.

The actual teaser only lasted under 90 seconds. We shouldn't expect anything substantial with it; it's used mainly to set up the full trailer coming in December.

The actual teaser only lasted under 90 seconds. We shouldn't expect anything substantial with it; it's used mainly to set up the full trailer coming in December.

Only thing good about it was seeing the Millennium Falcon. Otherwise....

A big....MEH!

Last edited:

Oh ya. And so many are jacked after this trailer. It teases and also shows off a little of the new worlds we will be entering. For a year prior trailer (not 6 months like AOU) this was done very well. Much better than TDK's logo or TDKR's teaser.

I can't stop watching this trailer. That and new John Williams music always is good too.

Oh ya. And so many are jacked after this trailer. It teases and also shows off a little of the new worlds we will be entering. For a year prior trailer (not 6 months like AOU) this was done very well. Much better than TDK's logo or TDKR's teaser.

I can't stop watching this trailer. That and new John Williams music always is good too.

edit

so my guess is we'll get the next trailer with Avengers 2 ..

its both disney right ?

Oh ya it will be with Avengers 2. Both are Disney.

There's another trailer coming this year? First I've heard of it.

I kept asking questions about what was going on. Why is Boyega freaked out? Where is Daisy going? What is going on with the Stormtroopers? Oscar is an X-Wing pilot? I thought he was a smuggler? What's the deal with that villain and his broadsaber? I think we were teased well.

Its a teaser trailer!, i think we got WAY more than i was expecting. Did you remember the teaser for superman returns? how much footage did that one showed? and the batman begins one was even worse. I think we got ton of stuff and that falcon shot is worth the ticket alone. We should be thankful for what we got, i for one am super pumped up

Ya this was way more than I expected, the film is almost 13 months away, I expected no SFX shots at all. I expected something like TDKR where very little was shown, maybe title cards etc. This had great suspense, great shots, and just an overall great feel.

Ya this was way more than I expected, the film is almost 13 months away, I expected no SFX shots at all. I expected something like TDKR where very little was shown, maybe title cards etc. This had great suspense, great shots, and just an overall great feel.

Disagree. I feel your going just a bit overboard....but hey...to each his own.

Totally disagree about the TDK teaser. That is my definition of a great modern teaser. It was just perfect in my opinion. Totally peaked my interest. It was so ominous and weighty despite showing nothing.

Given Jabrams' love of secrecy I wouldn't have been surprised if there was no new footage at all. Just dialogue, music, and a flash of a lightsaber.

Given Jabrams' love of secrecy I wouldn't have been surprised if there was no new footage at all. Just dialogue, music, and a flash of a lightsaber.

Ya I was expecting something more like that. And i Love the TDK trailer but this has way more than that in terms of footage ect.

JJ however did say he was not going to be as secretive as he has in the past.

Totally disagree about the TDK teaser. That is my definition of a great modern teaser. It was just perfect in my opinion. Totally peaked my interest. It was so ominous and weighty despite showing nothing.

I get a kick how some are comparing this very mediocre SW teaser to TDK teaser now.

Awkward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"