Star Wars - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what, that's it. This is the last straw!

If you like/love the prequels without prejudice, raise your hand.

Because I don't want to be alone.

You're not alone. People just NEED to hate them for whatever reason.

Are they perfect? No

But they're still decent action/fantasy films

Look up the scripts for Revenge of the Jedi, the book "The Secret History of Star Wars", and the rough draft for Fall of the Republic. I've read them and used elements of these is my ideas for fan fiction.

There's an old film saying...not everything that looks good on paper looks good on film
lol too true. There's ideas out there for the saga that some fans think are awesome (especially their own) and it's what should have happened that in my opinion simply suck. My hope is that the future of the saga (if there's any movie possibilities in any way) never falls in the hands of such fans. Lord knows where some would take it *shudders*. I hope Lucas has taken care of all of that in his will and testimony.

You're not alone Optimus, have no fear lol.

By the way, if there's anyone here registered over at theforce.net forums make sure you have a working email specified in your profile, cause the board upgrade is happening today and you dont want to be locked out of your account when they move to the new boards.

Last edited:
While its fine to like them, people can haver very legitimate reasons for thinking they are bad films on a number of levels, in terms of story, characterization, acting etc.

While its fine to like them, people do have very legitimate reasons for thinking they are bad films on a number of levels, in terms of story, characterization, acting etc.

Corrected.

Last edited:
While its fine to like them, people can haver very legitimate reasons for thinking they are bad films on a number of levels, in terms of story, characterization, acting etc.
While its fine to hate them, people can have very legitimate reasons for thinking they are good films on a number of levels, in terms of story, characterization, acting, etc.

Switching topics somewhat, here's some Dave Filoni thoughts on season 5 of Clone Wars. Thanks to the CW season 5 group over at facebook for sharing the info :D

"-I think that the character development that you saw this season is going to pay off next season, more than it has in any other season. We introduce several ideas about Ahsoka and where she's going. Ahsoka has a huge year next year. And I think people who have been loyal to the show and have watched it since the beginning and watched this kid grow up, there are definitely things that are going to happen to her next year that change her forever as a character, relating to the other characters especially. So that's going to be a big deal. Lux Bonteri will come back. We'll bring the Death Watch back. Katee Sackhoff's character Bo-Katan comes back and has a lot more to do. Maul, obviously, will be back."

"-Hondo Ohnaka comes back, and I like Hondo very much, played by Jim Cummings. He's probably one of our favorite characters that we created specifically for the show. George really loved Hondo, and there's some really great improvisation work by Jim. We always love having him around, and he shows up quite a bit. So there's a lot going on. Artoo has, I think, his best moment of the show coming up in that season. Everybody loves Artoo. But no more pixie dust stuff for Artoo. He's on a real mission for a change. You'll get to see that. This is pretty good spoiler stuff here!"

And to be honest, it gets worse for him (Obi-Wan). I mean Maul is just a thorn in his side. But it's good because it raises the drama.
(*insert my screaming here*).

... and I keep promising, and I will deliver, that Star Wars Celebration VI -- if you can get down for that -- that's going to be a Clone Wars showcase for me. I feel we gain nothing by holding back at that point. We're going to show you some intense stuff. We did last time. And this time I really want to go even more all out because I think what was great about that experience was the word of mouth from fans that there was this character Savage Opress who was going to come on the show was great. The fans have proved it: we benefit, I think, from showing them really cool stuff at the convention, and I think enough people are on board that I can show you some really cool stuff at that convention. If I see you there or at Comic-Con, I'll do my best to have our best there.

More from Filoni here: http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/122/1221285p1.html

Last edited:
Poor Bim, her Obi-Wan is in for more whoopings next season. I'm interested to see what they do with Ahsoka's development and the return of Death Watch, especially with Bo-Katan being developed, should be cool.

Also glad Hondo will be back, he always feels like an OT character to me.

Mace Windu would be smoking a suspicious looking contraption. Padme would be wearing a form of bikini. Anakin would be yelling OPTIM... oops i mean OBI WAN! every 10 minutes. Palpatine would be striking hammy menacing poses whilst saying "All hail Sideous!" The storm/clone troopers would be the most bad ass and awesome guys ever. American flags would some how appear.

:lmao:

this is why some people hate the prequels...they brought their preconceived notions into the film and when things filmed didn't fit they hated it.

Agreed.

Poor Bim, her Obi-Wan is in for more whoopings next season. I'm interested to see what they do with Ahsoka's development and the return of Death Watch, especially with Bo-Katan being developed, should be cool.
Looks to me like you're enjoying this :argh:

Yeah i admit, i'm curious about Ahsoka after those hints. Could she be leaving the jedi order for love? *rubs chin lost in thought*. He also said some interesting things about Rex in that interview, and Order 66. I hope they do find a way to put that in, could be interesting to see it from the clone's perspective.

Selling my mini MR lightsabers and blaster, if anyone's interested.

This arrived today!

Looks to me like you're enjoying this :argh:

Yeah i admit, i'm curious about Ahsoka after those hints. Could she be leaving the jedi order for love? *rubs chin lost in thought*. He also said some interesting things about Rex in that interview, and Order 66. I hope they do find a way to put that in, could be interesting to see it from the clone's perspective.

:funny:

What did he say about Rex and Order 66? I'm wondering if you are right about Ahsoka leaving the Jedi order because she wants to be with Lux and the council wont accept it, this could give Anakin further doubt about the ways of the Jedi.

Selling my mini MR lightsabers and blaster, if anyone's interested.

Making room for something new?

I think what will happen is Ashoka wants to be with Lux and since its against Jedi sanctions...Anakin helps to fake her death...everyone thinks she is dead which is why no one brings her up in the movies

goofy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"