The Force Awakens Star Wars VII Director? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, this makes me all kinds of pumped.

If what slashfilm is reporting is true, I would absolutely love it if Affleck and Spielberg were brought on for the sequels. That said, I don't expect this to ever happen. :p

Oh man, science fiction is really going to dominate the future. Last year we got Joss Whedon with The Avengers and now this!

So he's a liar? He's disloyal?
He's a person, Star Wars's his dream job but he's supposed to be loyal to Star Trek. To me it just seems like he did ST because he couldn't do SW at the time for obvious reasons.

Forget the shaky cam....can you imagine the amount of lens flares that will be going on during light saber battles?

But seriously, this is cool. He wasn't my first choice, but that by no means makes him a bad choice. Good writer. Good director...Lets see what happens with the cast...

Abrams has come out saying that he's gone excessive with the lens flares.

Not sure why people are so excited at the mention of Ben Affleck directing one of these. He's a good director from what we've seen from him, but it's not as if he has any experience with science fiction (or big special effects pictures) whatsoever.

Corrected.

I have to laugh when people say it's just $$$. Though that is sure a part of it....to be a part of Star Wars is quite an honor, most directors Nolan, Abrams and many others owe their desire to make film to Star Wars and they admit it. So yes money is part of Star Wars who would say no? However, for them it's part of a legacy. I would not require a lot of money if someone said you want to direct Star Wars? I'd be like hell ya sign me up.

Found this on deviant art. Think it fits well with the news.
star_wars_vii_by_guardianoftheforce-d5k2ld9_zpse67fe60f.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure why people are so excited at the mention of Ben Affleck directing one of these. He's a good director from what we've seen from him, but it's not as if he has any experience with science fiction (or big special effects pictures) whatsoever.

Cause he is one of the "It" directors right now. They don't really think about whether he is suited to the project or even wants to do it.

Yeah, this makes me all kinds of pumped.

If what slashfilm is reporting is true, I would absolutely love it if Affleck and Spielberg were brought on for the sequels. That said, I don't expect this to ever happen. :p
I doubt Affleck will direct a Star Wars movie. I honestly don't get why all these studios are trying to get Affleck to direct these mega blockbuster movies like Justice League and Star Wars when it's blatantly obvious that he doesn't want to do these kind of movies.

I'm betting that Joss Whedon will end up directing one of the new films. He wants the job and would have jumped for the chance for Episode VII if it weren't for the Avengers 2.

With JJ at the helm, I really do hope that Karl Urban gets some part in it. I think he is a very under-rated actor.

Yeah, people kinda need to give it a rest with trying to turn Affleck into a huge blockbuster director... let the man do his thing. He's clearly good at it. Leave it be.

I doubt Affleck will direct a Star Wars movie. I honestly don't get why all these studios are trying to get Affleck to direct these mega blockbuster movies like Justice League and Star Wars when it's blatantly obvious that he doesn't want to do these kind of movies.

I'm betting that Joss Whedon will end up directing one of the new films. He wants the job and would have jumped for the chance for Episode VII if it weren't for the Avengers 2
I think that's going to happen as well.

Another minor side effect of this news...the new Star Wars director has a working relationship with a Nolan.

:hmm

Well since he was obvious he was trying to do a star wars like film with Star Trek It's for best for him to actully do Star Wars and leave followup to Into Darkness for someone
who has real passion for Star Trek.

Since he got Leonard nimoy for Star Trek that bodes well for having veterns back for episode VII.

I just hope he has respect for all chapters of George Lucas' Star Wars.

Another minor side effect of this news...the new Star Wars director has a working relationship with a Nolan.

:hmm

You can forget Nolan doing a Star Wars film any time soon. He only works on film and does not use a Digital Intermediate. This franchise will be shot on digital and will be in 3D. Both requiring a DI and digital film. Also, Nolan has stated before that he likes to keep the VFX shots below 500. Good luck accomplishing that on a modern Star Wars film.

With JJ at the helm, I really do hope that Karl Urban gets some part in it. I think he is a very under-rated actor.

I'd like to see him as the main character or a side character.

J.J. Abrams is the perfect director for this movie!!

But the other great news not being talked about.....

If Williams says no, you know that Michael WILL be the one to score this film.

Very surprised by this news, sad for the Star Trek franchise though.

He's a person, Star Wars's his dream job but he's supposed to be loyal to Star Trek. To me it just seems like he did ST because he couldn't do SW at the time for obvious reasons.
He still lied. A person can lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"