Shinichi Goto

From the Manga:

20130511-124552.jpg

Though you might know him better under the name the movie gave him:

oldboy-1024x819.jpg

Oh Dae-Su.

Poor man, fantastic movie.

[YT]VwIIDzrVVdc[/YT]

I haven't read the manga, and I'm... nervous about the Spike Lee remake.

It'll probably be crap...but, low expectations usually make for a good film going experience.

True. i think that's one of the reasons I loved last year's Dredd so much. I went in expecting very little and wound up getting the best action movie of the last few years.

Anyway, while we're on Manga characters that spawned much better known film adaptations here's todays:

1352806657_ichi-the-killer.jpg

Ichi the Killer

Jesus, is EVERYTHING based on a comic? :eek:

Hahaha! Nah, just most of them. The rest are based on old TV shows, videogames, and reboots of much better movies you've already seen.

TV is where all the original ideas live these days.
Not that that's necessarily a bad thing. Something like The Wire or Breaking Bad would be nowhere near as interesting if you condensed them down to 2 hours.

Yeah, your average episode of Game of Thrones would only be about 15 minutes long. :o

"Previously on Game of Thrones, The Starks went to this wedding... and everything was totally fine. No, seriously, it was fine. Nothing to see here. Sleep tight."

"Kei and Yuri are two Trouble Consultants (Criminal Division, Class A) for the World Welfare Work Association (3WA), code-named "Lovely Angels", but known throughout the United Galactica (UG) as the "Dirty Pair", a nickname given to them by the press due to their bad luck with their missions, which always seem to end in complete disaster. But they are always cleared of any wrongdoing by the UG's Central Computer because the extreme damage is never actually their fault (though their mere presence has been known to make things worse).
They originally met at Meizuru university for Lucien genetic upgrades around A.D. 2134, although it is not necessarily canon, they were both misfits within their year, and so became friends. Around A.D. 2137, just before graduation from Meizuru university, they played a prank on their friends, convincing them that they were both psychic. Shortly afterwards, news reached the 3WA and they were scouted for recruitment and tested by a parapsychology institute. The pair cheated every which way possible (the really short skirts were Kei's idea), and they tested positive for clairvoyance, the 3WA considered this to be useful and hired them.
Although outwardly they almost constantly fight and bicker with each other, they are both loyal best friends, always pairing up together to deck anyone that calls them by their "Dirty Pair" nickname."

2520345-__addme___dirty_pair___fatal_but_not_serious_tpb___page_1.jpg

I'm drawing a blank & got nothing on the last 2-3 entries, carry on.

Heh, yeah I've probably gotten a little bit too cult lately, haven't I? I'll work on that.

At the very least Duke you need to go see Oldboy. At least before Spike Lee's probable crapfest sours you on it.

Oh, and I got nothing on those two.

But, boobs and butts are always welcome. Reminds me of a hardcore version of those chicks from Trigun.

In regards to Bumblebee, I prefer his G1 version instead of the utter crap brought to us by Michael Bay & his movies. I always will see Bumblebee as the small, compact, Volkswagen Beetle, instead of the lame Chevy Camaro, loved his character in the G1 Transformers. :up:

I thought he was a puss.

I liked the red one. He was a less annoying Scrappy Doo. :o

I thought he was a puss.

I liked the red one. He was a less annoying Scrappy Doo. :o

You're referring to Cliffjumper. Same make & model as Bumblebee, but tougher overall.

Hmmm.. never really was a bee guy! neither the comic, movie or the toon!He always felt like snarf, Orko,Dino mutt,wonder twins guy to me!the comedy relief... "Oh No! we have to go and rescue their asses cause they got caught AGAIN by the bad guy type of character and i hate those guys!" Also the dude turned in a a VW Volkswagen!!! How are you going to strike terror into Decepticon hearts turning into a damn "*Fahrvergnügen" car!!!Boo!

*note- Herbie though was cool!

One of my favorite from the tv series & it's interesting to see how he's slowly evolving into a darker figure.

I liked Carl a lot more before he got "injured." Up until that point he was the best kid character in comics to me because he wasn't a burden meant to get the adults in trouble. Carl said, "**** that. Daddy I need a gun." He realized quick that the apocalypse was a different world, and that he can't be lagging behind everyone else because they might die as well. Once he got "injured" Kirkman just wrote him as an *******. He should have died IMO. He's getting better now though. He's not as annoying as he was getting for a while there.

He's cool

Never touched Oldboy or Ichi, no say about those characters

Yeah, haven't read the book in a couple years. But Carl is a tough little bastard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"