• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

State Your Opinion on A DC Character - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no opinion on Nite Owl I.

Mason, OTOH, was okay in my book. I liked him. I liked his friendship with Dan. I felt saddened by his [blackout]spoiler up ahead[/blackout] death.

Time slip, plus 2

Stop hittin' yourself! Stop Hittin' yourself.

16680_900x1350.jpg

Nite Owl I

WATCHMEN_2.jpg

He's a cool breed cat. Or was.

Mason's death was one of the most heartbreaking and beautiful moments in the book. Hardly a fate a character would need to be "spared" of.

Overall, Hollis Mason and all of the Watchmen characters are great.

They're okay, a little overrated and I still feel the best thing about them is I didn't have to see the real characters drug through that. Not that what DC did to them was any better. In Ted Kord's case, it was way worse. At least Peter Cannon, Thunderbolt is out of their hands and can't be degraded anymore by DC.

Moore using Rorschach to take little shots at Ditko over political differences was also cheap, considering Alan Moore has never created anything as important as Ditko did.

Of course, I really don't have a dog in that fight as I think both guys are wayy out there.

Last edited:
Time slip, plus 2

Stop hittin' yourself! Stop Hittin' yourself.

16680_900x1350.jpg

Poor Chronos

Nite Owl I

WATCHMEN_2.jpg

Hollis is lovely. He's pretty much one of the only living main characters in Watchmen who isn't a horrible person or a psychopath or just an unlikeable person

As with all Watchmen characters, I love Nite Owl I.
His role in the actual story is quite scarce but the "Under The Hood" chapters he 'wrote' are amongst the best in the book.

Poor Chronos

Hollis is lovely. He's pretty much one of the only living main characters in Watchmen who isn't a horrible person or a psychopath or just an unlikeable person

Dan was alright, besides being a little pathetic in his retirement.

Dug Owl and this
I liked his friendship with Dan. I felt saddened by his [blackout]spoiler up ahead[/blackout] death.
yeah when that happened i was pissed! cause he was a pretty cool dude!

I don't remember; was his death orchestrated by Ozy?

watchmen-08-28.jpg

"HHUUGGHH"

The least badass last words of any superhero ever.

Heh, nice.

"......Man these shorts are riding up.....
dar.jpg

The Comedian
bw2a.jpg

He's kind of like if Robin had been mentored by The Joker and grew up to be Deathstroke.

All in all he's pretty awesome.

He's kind of like if Robin had been mentored by The Joker and grew up to be Deathstroke.

All in all he's pretty awesome.

This is the most accurate description of the character I've ever read. Kudos. Certainly more accurate than just saying that he's an inverse of Peacemaker. Something l've seen so many people falsely claim sometimes since both characters actually have a lot in common naturally since The Comedian is just the surrogate version.

He's a disgusting bastard, and the very inverse of Ditko's credo on heroes. Of course I don't think he can be rightly described as a hero of any sort.

That is also, word for word, the entire point of the character.

Very true. He's good for what he is as long as no one mistakes him for any sort of hero.

Well, what I mean is that the character forces you to question what the word hero actually means. He's not good by any stretch of the imagination, bur he's not totally evil either. He was a heartless killer who died standing up to a utopian idealist's plan because he knew it was wrong. He did villainous things, unforgivably horrible things, but he also did heroic things. The very purpose of the character's existence in the context of the story is to force the reader to actually think about this word, hero, that everyone takes completely for granted.

My favorite Watchmen character and prolly one of my top ten favorites. He's despicable, but he saw the truth. He was right about the true face of the world and right about who the Crime Busters really were.

I think he's an extremely interesting crazy person. Or a useful serial killer at best.

I think he's an extremely interesting crazy person. Or a useful serial killer at best.

He's not really a serial killer. Serial killers are defined in psychology circles by their compulsions and devotion to ritual.

The Comedian is a spree killer, those are the ones who randomly murder people when they get bored and generally don't have much of a preference in regards to victim type or method of killing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IAmBatman125
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"