State your unpopular film related opinion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've thought about that myself, but I doubt it. There is an expectation to Hulk. Even with post TDK, I don't think audience would still be looking for a more cerebral Hulk film.

James Dean didn't really impress me as an actor.
Swingers was nothing special

I've thought about that myself, but I doubt it. There is an expectation to Hulk. Even with post TDK, I don't think audience would still be looking for a more cerebral Hulk film.

Which is true...however....unfortunately.

I liked the movie but didn't love it, but I still think that Mark Ruffalo and Ben Kingsley were both really great in Shutter Island and deserved a best supporting actor nomination at the Oscars this year.
I'm looking forward to seeing what Ruffalo does with Bruce Banner. I liked Bana but thought he was a bit miscast and Norton, even though he seemed like a better fit for the role, didn't do much for me. Oh and Ang Lee's Hulk as flawed as it is is still better than TIH.

Yuss, I'm very excited to see Ruffalo as banner :up:

Let's just hope he can break the hulk curse. :o

James Bond sucks.
Never Let Me Go was a poor rip off of Unwind and made perhaps one of the most exciting and most haunting novels I ever read, insanely ****ing boring.

Out of the 3, Edward Norton LOOKS most like Bruce Banner to me...

. I prefer The Blob remake over Carpenter's Thing

. Naked Lunch is Cronenberg's best movie

James Bond sucks.
Never Let Me Go was a poor rip off of Unwind and made perhaps one of the most exciting and most haunting novels I ever read, insanely ****ing boring.

Never Let Me Go came out before Unwind.

...Huh?

Unwind was published in 2007. .N.ever Let .Me. go came out in 201.0.

The novel in which Never Let Me Go is based came out in 2005

Haven't watched either, but the general consensus seems to say so, yes. Can't think of anything that's been said that states the film shifts the story to any radical degree.

Fair enough, then I was incorrect in the 'rip off of Unwind' comment. However I still think Unwind was a better story, even if that was technically the rip off.

Haven't watched either, but the general consensus seems to say so, yes.Can't think of anything that's been said that states the film shifts the story to any radical degree.
The book is better as is often the case, but the film is actually pretty good too. Specially the acting and the visuals. Garfield and Mulligan are great (Knightley a little less) and Romanek is a really good director.
It might be a little slow and long, but the emotion is there.

_ I didn't think Paul was very good. Unfortunately, it seems that each new Pegg/Frost movie is inferior to the previous one (granted they started pretty high with Shaun).
I hope they reverse the pattern with the next one, because they make a really good comedic duo.

Last edited:
James Bond sucks.

:cmad::cmad::cmad:

tumblr_lbozq7I16N1qdcgy2o1_500.jpg

Guys added to my hit list:

Gentlemen Owl
WalkingDeadMike
Tron Bonne :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online