State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 32

Sterling K. Brown would have made a better Black Panther or Killamonger than Boseman or Jordan, yet he got a small supporting role in the movie. He should be DC's top choice for John Stewart. Underrated actor.

Huh. I love Sterling K. Brown and I do agree that he was kinda wasted in Black Panther but I don't know that he would have been a better Panther or Killmonger. I would love to see him as a superhero character though. I think he expressed interest in playing John Stewart a while back; he'd be perfect for that.

I'm tired of Tarantino feet jokes. I'm not offended on his behalf or anything, just think it's a tired and unfunny thing. Never gave his foot "fetish" a second thought until people started whining about it.

Pulp Fiction
Inglourious Basterds
Jackie Brown
Reservoir Dogs
The Hateful Eight
Django Unchained
Kill Bill 2
Kill Bill
Deathproof

I hope OUATIH takes first place.

Pulp Fiction
Inglourious Basterds
Jackie Brown
Reservoir Dogs
The Hateful Eight
Django Unchained
Kill Bill 2
Kill Bill
Deathproof

I hope OUATIH takes first place.

Caught Inglourious some weeks ago. Surprisingly not what I figured it cracked up to be. I would definitely put Hateful 8 above that.

Caught Inglourious some weeks ago. Surprisingly not what I figured it cracked up to be. I would definitely put Hateful 8 above that.

You're probably right, I haven't watched them in a while, just talking from theater experience.

Jim Belushi is a really solid dramatic actor who gets a bad rap simply because he happens to be the brother of a comedy icon who died too soon.

Jim Belushi is a really solid dramatic actor who gets a bad rap simply because he happens to be the brother of a comedy icon who died too soon.

True. He was great in "Salvador" and a few other stuff.

Sterling K. Brown would have made a better Black Panther or Killamonger than Boseman or Jordan, yet he got a small supporting role in the movie. He should be DC's top choice for John Stewart. Underrated actor.

Boseman has the charisma of a white wall in your grandparents room.

The only part of IG I really like is Christoph Waltz. The opening scene is the best in the movie and a terrific little short film unto itself.

Boseman has the charisma of a white wall in your grandparents room.

Oh lawd... I know this is about unpopular opinions but... Really? You don't have to like him as BP or even the movie itself but... Seriously? Did you see him as James Brown or on SNL?

I've liked Boseman, but his performance as Black Panther is very straight laced and even, yes, boring, especially when standing next to Michael B. Jordan. I thought he was much better in Civil War than Black Panther or Infinity War.

Boseman is awesome in the role, in all three movies.

I still stand by the opinion that the "Save Martha" moment was great.

Cheesy, yes, but great nonetheless.

I actually appreciate T'Challa's personality in a sea of sarcastic and quipping characters. He is a king, he should act like someone who is in an important position like that. It sets him apart from most of the other heroes. Thor used to be like that too, but he spent time with Tony and company so he is more relatable now, which I absolutely love. T'Challa should remain serious at least for now. It suits the character.

Boseman is a great T'Challa and a fantastic actor, he even managed to pull off James Brown, in an otherwise mostly forgettable biopic.

Yeah, I've loved Boseman in everything I've seen him in. I don't get the complaints about him being boring at all.

Boseman was better in Civil War. But in BP he was dull. I barely remember him outside the suit in IW.

The ending to City Lights is on a different level to the rest of the film. The comedy was fantastic, but the film as an artistic whole just didn't really live up to its final minute. I do think it's an important film, all things considered.

Last edited:
I actually appreciate T'Challa's personality in a sea of sarcastic and quipping characters. He is a king, he should act like someone who is in an important position like that. It sets him apart from most of the other heroes. Thor used to be like that too, but he spent time with Tony and company so he is more relatable now, which I absolutely love. T'Challa should remain serious at least for now. It suits the character.

I actually wonder if that's because of T'Challa's introduction into the MCU. I know Hemsworth wanted Thor to loosen up a bit but Feige and co. might have been more lenient towards that because of T'Challa's presence. Even though Thor's been doing goofy stuff since his film debut.

avE4Wh7.gif

I keep wondering what makes Darth Vader eligible to be considered as one of the top cinematic villains, most of what he does is walk around and sound awesome thanks to James Earl Jones providing his voice and those respirator effects.

Death of Obi Wan is that old man chose to stop fighting and allowed his former apprentice to kill him.

I actually wonder if that's because of T'Challa's introduction into the MCU. I know Hemsworth wanted Thor to loosen up a bit but Feige and co. might have been more lenient towards that because of T'Challa's presence. Even though Thor's been doing goofy stuff since his film debut.

avE4Wh7.gif
Yeah...his Thor was always pretty goofy. They simply finally cracked the code after Taika if they weren't going to do the God of Thunder who's never not a motivational speaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"