State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 32

I feel this way about any talented director doing franchise movies. For example the director of Moonlight is doing the ****ing Mufasa prequel….
Absolutely true.

What’s the consensus on Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2? I know some folks that love it because it’s different from the first, but I mean…yikes, it’s kinda bad.
I love Texas chainsaw 2. It's reflected the excess of 80s slashers perfectly. Rob Zombie even made a career out of conceptually remaking it three times.

I like the remake a lot despite it looking like a late 90s industrial video and it being inspired by the original film's reputation rather the actual movie. Should be retitled the zeitgeist chainsaw massacre.

I also love TCM2. Undoubtedly my favourite of the sequels, and to my shame, for a little while I had it as my overall favourite.

I love Texas chainsaw 2. It's reflected the excess of 80s slashers perfectly. Rob Zombie even made a career out of conceptually remaking it three times.

I like the remake a lot despite it looking like a late 90s industrial video and it being inspired by the original film's reputation rather the actual movie. Should be retitled the zeitgeist chainsaw massacre.
Yeah I rewatched this Halloween and my opinion did change on it. The original is still untouchable though.

I'm more of a fan of Suicide Squad 2016 than I am of The Suicide Squad 2021.

Sure, Suicide Squad is not without faults, and I can definitely understand why some or maybe even the majority don't like it. But I just prefer it over the latter. I feel it likely has to do with the forced deaths and forced retconned feeling of it all. I know many of those were done in the opening with supposed humor. But it just did sit well with me.

Gunn has done a lot I like; this was just one I wasn't that big on.

I liked both but rate them about the same. I didn't think either was markedly better than the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"