State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh. It was alright. It's mostly the portrayal of vampires are some kind of aristocrats or whatever, I always hated that. I liked the werewolves for the most part.

Yeah, I notice a lot of fiction runs with that now. Vampires are the higher echleon and werewolves are basically the hoodrat thugs.

Se7en
Gone Girl
Zodiac
Fight Club
The Social Network
GWTDT
The Game

Last edited:
I hate the vampires vs werewolves thing that's always happening. It's gotten to the point where you can't see werewolves without those glorified mosquitos butting in on things.

I've always preferred werewolves over vampires. Both can be stories of people trying to fight the monster they've become, but werewolf stories are the only ones that really do that. Vampire stories have them do it for about 5 seconds before becoming hoity-toity snob who occasionally bites necks and drinks blood.

Yeah, plus, there isn't a lot of great werewolf movies out there. The only ones that come to mind are American Werewolf in London and The Wolf Man. I've heard The Howling is pretty good though.

Yeah, plus, there isn't a lot of great werewolf movies out there. The only ones that come to mind are American Werewolf in London and The Wolf Man. I've heard The Howling is pretty good though.

Ginger Snaps and Dog Soldiers.

The Company of Wolves, a sorta werewolf film, was pretty good too.

I've always preferred werewolves over vampires. Both can be stories of people trying to fight the monster they've become, but werewolf stories are the only ones that really do that. Vampire stories have them do it for about 5 seconds before becoming hoity-toity snob who occasionally bites necks and drinks blood.

Wolfman/Werewolf movies have historically been better than vampire movies starting with the Universal classics. Universal's The Wolfman is way better than Dracula.

I tried rewatching Fight Club not long ago, talking about Fincher films, and I don't know what it is exactly about that film, but I really just don't like it. It's one of those things I can't put my finger on, but just something about it has never clicked with me.

I had a girlfriend who hated Fight Club. I think it's a great movie, but it's definitely not for everybody. It is pretty gross in parts.

Really, I just can't really say what it is, something about the tone of it, I guess, the style you'd say, that I just can't get into.

Really, I just can't really say what it is, something about the tone of it, I guess, the style you'd say, that I just can't get into.
I'm kinda the same, even though I admire its technical virtuosity and there are some great scenes in it, it left me a little cold. Maybe because it's trying too hard to be like a sort of 21st Century "Clockwork Orange" or something?
I always preferred Seven.

I'm kinda the same, even though I admire its technical virtuosity and there are some great scenes in it, it left me a little cold. Maybe because it's trying too hard to be like a sort of 21st Century "Clockwork Orange" or something?
I always preferred Seven.

I enjoyed both, but Seven is a masterpiece.

Fight Club is my fav Fincher movie.

I liked Gone Girl and Se7en too, but don't really care much for the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"