Stephen King's "IT" Part I and Part II

Only if the casting director looked up 'lazy casting choices 101'.

Um, no.

Andy and Barbara Muschietti not only worked with Jessica Chastian in the past, they are good friends with her. It's most likely Chastain was always the choice for them and the studio. I think Amy Adams was a non-factor. Plus, Chastain is a fantastic actress who can knock this role out of the park.

So, this is no lazy casting choice. Chastain is a strong casting pick for Bev.

Um, no.

Andy and Barbara Muschietti not only worked with Jessica Chastian in the past, they are good friends with her. It's most likely Chastain was always the choice for them and the studio. I think Amy Adams was a non-factor. Plus, Chastain is a fantastic actress who can knock this role out of the park.

So, this is no lazy casting choice. Chastain is a strong casting pick for Bev.

Fair enough if they have friendship but it's about who is right for the role in any film. I have friends who I've cast in films I've directed but not every role I write is one that would automatically make them first choice for my next film, do they inherit the qualities of the part, of the character, of the events they will have to portray, those are the questions for casting you have to consider, not whether they are your friend.

Only if the casting director looked up 'lazy casting choices 101'.

Question: Have you read IT? As a big fan of the book who has read it many times, I think Chastain is perfect casting as adult Bev. Adams may look a little more like Sophia Lillis, but that doesn't automatically mean she's a perfect fit for the character. Casting Adams would have been way more of a lazy casting decision.

Fair enough if they have friendship but it's about who is right for the role in any film. I have friends who I've cast in films I've directed but not every role I write is one that would automatically make them first choice for my next film, do they inherit the qualities of the part, of the character, of the events they will have to portray, those are the questions for casting you have to consider, not whether they are your friend.

Fortunately, Chastain is right for the role.:D

Its an added bonus that she is friends with Andy and Barbara and has a good working relationship with them.

Fortunately, Chastain is right for the role.:D

Its an added bonus that she is friends with Andy and Barbara and has a good working relationship with them.

In my view Adams is best for the role, you think JC, marvelous, we'll see won't we. That's the splendour of opinion.

Yes thanks.

Okay, so why in your opinion is Chastain a 'lazy casting decision' and Adams a better fit for the character? Adult Bev is defined by her past (especially her relationship with her father) and how she has doomed herself to repeat past mistakes over and over by continually involving herself with abusive men. She is stuck between childhood and adulthood and therefore her most defined trait is a mixture of girlishness/naivety and a more raw, adult sensuality. She definitely has a defined edge and a strong hint of rebelliousness, just as young Bev does. I think Chastain as an actress would embody that character much better than Adams ever would. They're both great actresses, but I think Chastain clearly fits the character better.

Chastian. :up: No question.

Okay, so why in your opinion is Chastain a 'lazy casting decision' and Adams a better fit for the character? Adult Bev is defined by her past (especially her relationship with her father) and how she has doomed herself to repeat past mistakes over and over by continually involving herself with abusive men. She is stuck between childhood and adulthood and therefore her most defined trait is a mixture of girlishness/naivety and a more raw, adult sensuality. She definitely has a defined edge and a strong hint of rebelliousness, just as young Bev does. I think Chastain as an actress would embody that character much better than Adams ever would. They're both great actresses, but I think Chastain clearly fits the character better.

In the films I have seen Adams in, and the films I have seen Chastain, Adams for me, has by far, the most depth, spirit and variety in her acting ability. As I just responded, previously, we are all gonna have different opinions on these type of decisions.

I haven't even seen part one yet and even I assumed Chastain would have been the front runner for adult Bev based on who the child actor was.

I think Adams simply looks more like the girl that already played young Bev, but I'm not at all against Chastain in the role.

Apparantly Chastain was always the choice and there was even the idea to feature her in post credit scene in first movie

Jessica Chastain is 100% the right choice. No question in my mind. It's not a lazy choice at all. Is it an obvious choice? Yes. The obvious choice isn't always bad though. Xavier was an obvious choice for Xavier and I don't see anyone calling it lazy.

Kinda wish they went for a lesser known actress, just to give someone else a time to shine.
But can't go wrong with Chastain. Except for Huntsman Winter's War...

Beverly is supposed to be a knock out. With all due respect to Chastain, she ain't turning heads.

I haven't even seen part one yet and even I assumed Chastain would have been the front runner for adult Bev based on who the child actor was.

Really? Over Amy Adams?

1215-sophia-lillis-amy-adams-getty-4.jpg

Eyes are an eighth of a centimeter too far apart.

2/10 would not bang

Actual professional casting is about more than matching one actor's looks to another actor's looks.

Bingo.

Nothing at all against Amy Adams as she is one heck of a talented actress but if Jessica Chastain is right for the role, then she's right for the role.

I don't think she's right for the role. Seems she'll get the gig because she has red hair and once worked with the director.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"