strange dilema, need input

If you're a grammer freak, you should visit the forums on Profileheaven.com.

They'll drive you crazy with their unreadable text speak.

Sounds like she wants to convert you not date you,she is gonna want everything on her terms and it can;t work that way unless you would really consider dating her all the way to marriage.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Some churches actually train their young female members to use their feminine wiles to snare potential new members (Mormons are notorious for this). I'd say she's more interested in getting him into church so her congregation can go to work on him than she is actually getting to know him. And, yes, she's clearly not someone who's ever going to be willing to concede any of her terms and, frankly, compromise is absolutely necessary in a relationship of any kind. Someone post the "It's A Trap!" picture, please.

Oh, and Mr. Credible, ask this girl if, after you do get married, she'll be open to anal sex like your ex-girlfriend you're still sleeping with and her married sister whom you also nailed in the chocolate starfish. My guess is the answer will be "no" and she'll never want to talk to you again and you won't be interested in someone who's never going to indulge your sexual freakery. Not a good match.

jag

That's exactly what I was thinking. Some churches actually train their young female members to use their feminine wiles to snare potential new members (Mormons are notorious for this). I'd say she's more interested in getting him into church so her congregation can go to work on him than she is actually getting to know him. And, yes, she's clearly not someone who's ever going to be willing to concede any of her terms and, frankly, compromise is absolutely necessary in a relationship of any kind. Someone post the "It's A Trap!" picture, please.

jag
Admiral-Ackbar-trap.jpg

I hate crazy Christian women :cmad:

Especially when I'm drunk.

'yeah yeah, I'll become a christian for you tomorrow. dont worry, we get married and then we do more stuff'

:csad:

i think you should consider going.

worse case scenario, you don't like church, but maybe seeing that you made an effort will show her that you are interested in her, and maybe she'd be more inclined to going out with you since you made an effort

best case scenario- you like the church and you get the girl :up:

Worst case scenario - you fall for the peer-pressuring and conditioning, and actually start to believe that stuff.

Just tell her that Charles Darwin (a big atheist) had a wife who was christian, & they managed a happy life together.

Best Case Scenario: Oral sex and getting up early on Sundays.

Similiar situation, worked with a younger girl who I got along great with. Flirting and always enjoying seeing each other. I was about to ask her out and then I found out she was dating another co-worker, who I got along with. She dated the guy for a couple of weeks (he was a semi-religious guy) but it ended.

Surprised that it was over so quick, I waited for awhile and then asked her out but more as friends. She agreed. Family emergency came up and she had to cancel. She was real busy with volleyball, school and work so we agreed that once volleyball was done we would do something. A couple weeks later at the Christmas party, the guy she previously dated came up to me and demanded I stopped perusing her and let him have another chance. He was drunk and I was drunk but was wise not to start anything. Just ignored him and told him no. Anyway the religious girl and I still flirted but she just didn't have the ovaries to tell me "no I don't want to date you because you're not a Christian even though outside swearing occasionally you're just as good and moral." So once she finally told me I said fine but we could still be friends and do something without it turning into sex. She passed on that as she was ready to date this older guy from her church. Basically he's the video game playing/make his girlfriend do his own errands/always make her the DD boyfriend but shares the same religious beliefs as her. She would tell me stories about their relationship and its the usual "why are you seeing this guy" relationship. But by then I realized I couldn't be with someone who was religious. Friends sure, but to love them it wouldn't work because its not something I believe in. Thankfully she never gave me a pamphlet about her church. If it makes you happy that's great but I'm aware of your religion and its not for me.

Couple years later I became the supervisor for the guy who wanted me to stop "perusing her" and actually became good friends. Then I quit for a better job and he stole one of his friends' girlfriends. And the religious girl told some people about giving a bj and not liking it - that soon spread to everyone at work.

Mr.Credible just go after some myspace chick.

Worst case scenario - you fall for the peer-pressuring and conditioning, and actually start to believe that stuff.

One of my friends in high school, Joel, had an older brother who became religious with his girlfriend and he and some of my friends questioned this (because he still drank, smoked and had sex) and made fun of him. They couldn't believe that he was "brainwashed" since he too was just like them before. I think 9/11 contributed. Anyway after high school we had a falling out since they most were becoming alcoholics/*****ebags.

I would still see Joel and talk to him. Then one time I ran into him and I saw that he was wearing a cross and I asked him about it. His girlfriend (with sex) had turned him into a Christian. He said it himself that yeah he was kinda surprised about it but he enjoyed his life.

I ran into a another former friend and during the conversation asked him about Joel. He's "No fun Joel" now. Last week I heard that Joel got his girlfriend pregnant. May God have mercy on his soul.

dont do it.if shes that stuck on it shes headed down sheeps path.If she cant be cool with your faith(or lack of it) then shes the one who needs to get to know god.

Watch the first episode of "Extras" and you'll understand why its a bad idea.

"i fully respect your religious beliefs. but if your actually interested in letting me take you out, come back when your're willing to respect mine."

"i fully respect your religious beliefs. but if your actually interested in letting me take you out, come back when your're willing to respect mine."
I wouldn't be so harsh...but basically this is the gist of what you're trying to say.

okay, so i met this girl at work about a month or two ago, and she was gorgeous, nice, polite, smart, friendly, a virgin (at 25) etc, etc... totally the kind of girl you'd like to marry if you could... so, i talked to her almost every morning for the last month or so, and finally asked her out...

she said no, but nicely... she asked me if i was a religious guy, more specifically, if i was 'born again', and 'saved', i was honest, and said no, but ii told her i have all the same qualities of a religious person, just without believeing in the mythology... she said 'sorry, but those are the only kinds of guys i'd consider dating.'

after a few awkward mornings seeing her at work, she said that she thought i was one of the sweetest guys she'd ever met, and would really like to take me up on my offer to take her out, i was thrilled, until she handed me a flyer for her church. she said if i'd come to church with her, and 'get to know the lord', then she'd get to know me, and we could date...

now i'm on the fence, i think i'll just tell her the truth, that i'm not religious, and don't plan on being, but there's the little devil on the other shoulder telling me to go to church with her just to spend some time with her and see what happens. she really is a great girl, and i'd hate to pass up the oppurtunity to spend some time with her outside of my job... maybe take her out for drinks and see if she has a naughty side?

...thoughts? suggestions?
run like the wind dude, don't change your principles for anyone

besides, if she is that religious, then she won't let you be as close to her as you probably wish to be without some sort of long term commitment,

lost cause

I wouldn't do it. I'd get my ass outta there, and quickly.

i spoke with her this morning... i told her that as much as i'd like to spend time with her other than at work, and get to know her better, church just wasn't the place to do that for me, and i explained that i'm not going to probably ever be a church going person... so basically, thanks, but no thanks. she was a little taken aback by my honesty, i think, but in a good way. she's so pretty i can imagine she's not used to getting turned down, so, at least that sets me apart from the crowd. she said that she can respect my choice on religion, and started to walk away, when i through out there, 'if you still wanted to get together, you know where to find me, but, no hard feelings either way.'

so, i don't know, i don't really care either way, but it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Thats the problem with Christian girls, Mr. Credible. They can't respect a persons choice in faith. 99.9% of the time, Christian girls will not date non-Christians.

But I am perfectly willing to date Christian girls. Though, I've been down that road, and it always leads to the same sort of problem - if ya don't believe in God, then you're more of a "distraction" than a real boyfriend.

i spoke with her this morning... i told her that as much as i'd like to spend time with her other than at work, and get to know her better, church just wasn't the place to do that for me, and i explained that i'm not going to probably ever be a church going person... so basically, thanks, but no thanks. she was a little taken aback by my honesty, i think, but in a good way. she's so pretty i can imagine she's not used to getting turned down, so, at least that sets me apart from the crowd. she said that she can respect my choice on religion, and started to walk away, when i through out there, 'if you still wanted to get together, you know where to find me, but, no hard feelings either way.'

so, i don't know, i don't really care either way, but it'll be interesting to see what happens.

:up: Kudos for being an honest gentleman.
Back in my 20's (I'm 42 now) I went through this same scenario several times, and in at least two cases gained the girl's trust and persuaded her to "give it up."
Believe me, there's no worse feeling in the world once you have time to process what you've done. :csad:

There's plenty of "nice" girls that won't insist on making you go to church.
Some are even virgins, like that matters. If you're a virgin also, then fine; if not, drop it as a prerequisite or I guarantee the universe will swat you down hard.
There's a BIG difference between not being a virgin and being a "****e."
Most of us guys could stand to look in the mirror on that one.

bro she wants to "convert" you.....run away

Oh, and Mr. Credible, ask this girl if, after you do get married, she'll be open to anal sex like your ex-girlfriend you're still sleeping with and her married sister whom you also nailed in the chocolate starfish. My guess is the answer will be "no" and she'll never want to talk to you again and you won't be interested in someone who's never going to indulge your sexual freakery. Not a good match.

jag

teh mormons,If you join their clique...can't you have like 5 wives?:ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"