Suicide Squad box office prediction - Part 3

Discussion in 'Suicide Squad' started by Thread Manager, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Greenlite Registered

2. NotNickFury Registered

Now that is certainly noteworthy. Liked both Deadpool and Suicide Squad, but considering how much positive buzz Deadpool received and how much mixed buzz Suicide Squad had, for this to surpass Deadpool is no small feat.

3. Tra-El Registered

So it should settle around 745-50 Mil or so? Good stuff.

4. AVEITWITHJAMON Badass Cloud

Don't be silly, Suicide Squad is s bonafide flop :cwink:

5. Kathemy It could happen to you

750m is the salary of their second assistant director.

6. LoganGambit87 Registered

Worldwide:$744,131,732

7. Wildcard Cataclysmic Titan

A very respectable gross. Around the time SS actually came out I remember being nervous about this being able to hit the $600-$750 range, but I'm glad that it actually has.

8. ManWithNoName18 Registered

NA wise the first Friday-Saturday drop of 40% and the second week 67% drop made me a little nervous. But turned out SS did better foreign than I expected and had better legs than BVS.

With China this could have hit in the 800 million range.

9. Pickle-El Registered

I seem to recall certain posters clamoring for things like filing class action lawsuits against the WB, that the shareholders are being "taken for a ride", that these movies weren't turning a profit. Etc....all commentary made during the bad weekend drops of BvS and SS. Just piling it on the faces of members of these forums...remember that? Very quet these days in the aftermath. Wonder where they went? Is the sky no longer falling?

How's this?

http://deadline.com/2016/10/time-warner-stock-rises-report-possible-merger-talks-att-1201840070/

10. Micromind Registered

It's very good that SS has earned so much money but movie making is inherently a risky business, there's no guarantee that movie will be successful.

Just for example, Disney also had many big budget failures like - Prince of Persia, John Carter, Lone Ranger, Alice Through the Looking Glass, The BFG.

Filing class action lawsuits against the WB, on behalf of the shareholders just because movie did badly at Box Office is asinine.

#60 Micromind, Oct 21, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  11. AverageMan Fighting for Average men

Has it finished it's run now? Or is it still on general/limited release?

12. Kathemy It could happen to you

Thinking this is the last weekend. Probably showing in some other countries.

#62 Kathemy, Oct 21, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  13. idiot09 Living in a society

Yeah I remember that guy, I wont name him, because I dont want to sink that low. But I do remember him telling me that there is no way Flash or Aquaman are going to start shooting, and yet they are. Even Ben's Batman movie is underway. Let alone SS's awesome BO run. Funny thing, never saw him in this thread after SS's good run started.

14. Ozbridge Registered

He talked about WB board of directors has a duty of care to shareholders, i.e. making sensible investments to maximize shareholders wealth. But not all bad investments made by executives can be sued; there's a different between unethical decisions (deliberately choosing bad investments, usually for executives' personal benefits) and incompetent decisions. I'm not American so I don't know whether he's right or not, but for example if board of directors continuously produce big-budget but low-performing movies with no reasons/ explanation why they do so then I guess shareholders might hold an urgent meeting to confront them/ re-elect them. Filing law suit against them? I've never heard of, at least in my country (unless there's prove that the board of directors, say, use bulk of budget to pay their own VFX/ marketing companies, i.e, doing for their own benefits).

That being said, I think just a couple of low-performing movies can be considered incompetent decision (not unethical decision), when while BvS perform less than expectation, it still makes profit, and SS is a hit.

15. brandeezy89 Registered

The investors were cracking jokes about "critics" during the conference call, I doubt they're worried at all. Outside of Tarzan i think they turned profit on all their movies so far this year.

16. Blitzkrieg Registered

When LoT hits the Blu-Ray/DVD market, it's sure to do reasonably well considering the movie was actually fairly well received by the GA. So I expect it to break even when all is said and done and who knows, WB can very easily turn profits from this one too. :woot::woot:

17. Kathemy It could happen to you

I'm not sure if Tarzan will really do well at the DVD market. I'm struggling to understand its target audience.

18. Snakewise Random

I figured it would have been. Imagine my surprise when I just found out the Regal I go to is still playing it through out the day.

19. mclay18 Registered

WB will likely end tracking once the film inches past $325M domestic.

20. Wildcard Cataclysmic Titan

Seems like the safe bet. It's had a good run, anyway, and made more than most expected. Aside from that, it's also getting ready for its DVD/Blu-Ray release so it's about time they pull the plug on its theatrical release.

21. LoganGambit87 Registered

should hit 745 million soon

$744,890,552

22. LoganGambit87 Registered

Worldwide: $745,173,191

23. idiot09 Living in a society

It seems like $745M will be its final gross. I still cant believe how well this film did BO wise. Amazing. :)

24. kguillou Registered

Astonishing indeed. Although, strange how they haven't officially greenlit the sequel yet...

25. Angel0fDeath Mask Of The Phantasm

I'd rather they take their time with a sequel and rush it.