Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a recent interview with Collider, producer Charles Roven mentioned that Suicide Squad was the fastest film to get off the ground for Atlas Entertainment, as production started just 9 months after the film was pitched.

But I am curious, this movie has a pretty long post production right? I mean this film wrapped shooting a while ago and doesn't look like it needs heavy VFX based on the practical approach they are taking.

But I am curious, this movie has a pretty long post production right? I mean this film wrapped shooting a while ago and doesn't look like it needs heavy VFX based on the practical approach they are taking.

Yeah. I'm guessing it's just held back by WB because they don't want it to release too close to BvS.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. There are practical effects sure, but Ayer probably still has quite a bit of VFX CGI work to enhance one set nuts and bolts stuff, plus most likely a crap ton of stuff that couldn't possible be don with make-up or on set effects. We have what looks to be Aircraft falling out of the sky, an empty city, and of course, an ancient evil sorceress. I am betting we will be getting quite a bit of VFX. Let's put it this way... FURY had a lot of VFX in it. I think this film will at least have as much VFX as FURY did.

WB just like to finish tentpoles early and sit on them till release. It's the same case with BvS and probably will be for the rest of the DC slate.

Marvel normally start shooting their films a year before release. BvS did it almost 2 years before release and SS did it a year and a half before release (similar to MoS, I think).

I wouldn't be so sure about that. There are practical effects sure, but Ayer probably still has quite a bit of VFX CGI work to enhance one set nuts and bolts stuff, plus most likely a crap ton of stuff that couldn't possible be don with make-up or on set effects. We have what looks to be Aircraft falling out of the sky, an empty city, and of course, an ancient evil sorceress. I am betting we will be getting quite a bit of VFX. Let's put it this way... FURY had a lot of VFX in it. I think this film will at least have as much VFX as FURY did.

Yeah, Fury is one of the movies I am comparing Suicide Squad to. These movies don't need VFX that require extensive animation and what not and yes I understand many scenes were digitally enhanced as with any other modern high budget hollywood film. But With today's technology, even VFX heavy movies are produced in a shorter timeframe than ever before. Maybe SS has something that I am unaware of or Maybe they will finish the movie early and sit on it like the Masterchief and Siliminite mentioned. I am not an expert obviously, just making educated guesses. Let's see.

Last edited:
I think they wanted to have time for reshoots if needed, as they plan out the rest of the DC universe and decide to change something to make more connections between the films.

Steven WeintraubVerified account
‏@colliderfrosty
currently editing what Charles Roven told me about Suicide Squad. I forgot how much we talked about. Will post today or tomorrow.

(fanmade)

tumblr_nxdydtUSWD1tnt8s9o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nxdydtUSWD1tnt8s9o2_1280.jpg

‏@colliderfrosty
currently editing what Charles Roven told me about Suicide Squad. I forgot how much we talked about. Will post today or tomorrow.

Nice. Lookin' forward to this. :up:

‏@colliderfrosty

Awesome. I'm really liking the Collider-Roven videos.

Cool. Please share it on here when it's up. I'll probably forget to look for it tomorrow. :O :woot:

Steven WeintraubVerified account ‏@colliderfrosty 6h6 hours ago
just looked over what @adamchitwood wrote about Suicide Squad from Charles Roven interview. Loaded with cool info. Posting tomorrow 8am pst

Steven WeintraubVerified account ‏@colliderfrosty 6h6 hours ago
@BatmanNewsCom you're going to love what I'm posting tomorrow morning on Suicide Squad.

Sounds to me like Roven dished out a tad bit info about Batfleck's role in the film. Or perhaps he's alluding to Joker and Harley.

The interview with Charles Roven about Suicide Squad is up on the Collider website. Not linking to it yet because it might contain uncensored cursing.

The interview with Charles Roven about Suicide Squad is up on the Collider website. Not linking to it yet because it might contain uncensored cursing.

Good thinking.

Charles Roven on Suicide Squad.

http://collider.com/jared-leto-joker-method-suicide-squad-rating-charles-roven/

“Look, you know, it was different, it was fun. The group first wasn’t sure because the AD’s had to call him ‘Mr. J’ to get him to come to the set [laughs]. And he did in many ways isolate himself from the rest of the group, but that’s really what his character was, the purpose of his character in many ways, other than when he was with Harley or trying to get Harley. It was very entertaining, it was fuel for a lot of good sport and a lot of laughs, and his isolation bonded the squad, and we wanted the squad bonded.”
“He had a close relationship with [Warner Bros. executive] Greg Silverman and Greg said, ‘He’s got an idea on Suicide Squad, he wants to come in and pitch it.’ Having a guy like that who’s been able to—all of his films have had a certain level of groundedness to them, really feeling very richly real. And so having that sensibility, which is along the lines of what we were talking about earlier how we like to have things grounded in science or whatever, I was very anxious to hear what his take was gonna be on Suicide Squad and I was very happily surprised, but it was right exactly in the pocket that we were looking for. Honestly that movie was essentially greenlit in the pitch meeting.”
“Surprisingly, one of the things that is a natural benefit of having a writer-director is that when you meet with him, if he’s trying to meet with an actor and explain to them what the role’s gonna be, there’s a lot of confidence that the actor has that the man who’s telling him what’s it’s gonna be is gonna deliver because he’s both the writer and the director. So David was very fresh off the heels of a movie that he could show called Fury, which was a fabulous picture, and he was able to talk about these really—as he says ‘it can be fun to be bad’ and ‘just because they’re bad doesn’t mean they’re evil’, and so he was able to convince all of the actors that we went out to that he was gonna be able to make these characters so compelling that they would wanna be played more than once by these actors.”
“I have to say, it was one of the most fun sets ever. I’ve been doing this for a while, and the camaraderie that was built on that set—everybody couldn’t wait for the next day to come back to work.”
“The intention of the film is definitely to be PG-13… We really want to make these films tonally consistent so that, as I said because this is a shared universe, at least our current thinking—and again, we’re not dealing in absolutes because while this is business it’s also a creative endeavor, so you want to leave yourself open to changing your mind, doing something different, being inspired, that’s the whole process of filmmaking is you have to allow for inspiration as well as having a road map for what you’re gonna do. So our plan right now is to make all these films PG-13. In some cases, you know, right there on the edge of PG-13, but still PG-13.”
There’s a lot of characters in Suicide Squad, and I think you’ll be engaged with them. They all have fabulously different arcs, they’re all very individualistic, and I think that also they’re very, very human in their own dysfunctional ways. And I think that the personal individuals stories and how they relate to each other will be surprising.”

Interesting things:

No trailer until 2016.

The film will most likely be PG-13 to be consistent with the shared universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"